rahjesh
fire_wings

Poop doesn't stink. We only think it does because society tells us it does.

fire_wings
Started: 8/9/2016 Category: Funny

rahjesh

Pro

When babies are little, they have no problem smelling, or even tasting their own poop (feces). It is only when our parents and society label our feces as nasty and stinky, that we grow to dislike it. If not for society, we would all be enjoying the odors of ours and other people's poop. In fact, many people secretly do enjoy the odor of poop, but are too ashamed to admit it, for fear of social disapproval. But secretly, we all enjoy our own feces/flatulence odors, and secretly like going into a public restroom and catching a whiff of a good dump someone just took.
fire_wings

Con

I thank my opponent for creating this debate.

First of all, the resolution is, "Poop doesn't stink. We only think it does because society tells us it does." My opponent is Pro. I have to say that then Poop does stink, and give examples. As my opponent needs to say that poop doesn't stink, and he has the burden, the only burden I have is that I have to give examples when poop does stink, and rebut my opponent's claims. So even if I say that one person thinks poop stinks, then I advance my burden. My opponent therefore has a bigger burden.

Now, for me poop stinks. It smells like a mixture of rotten egg, which stinks. Try smelling a rotten egg. You're gonna barf. It stinks for me. My brother says it stinks too. Our whole family hates poop, as it stinks. Many other people will think also that poop stinks. My opponent says that society makes them think that poop stinks. No exactly. Me, poop stinks. I knew it when I was a baby. Society didn't change my mind. And, where did society get poop stinks? Because some person said poop stinks. So, some people must have thought poop stinks, therefore I advance my burden.

That's all I will present this round. Next round I will make more arguments, and rebuttals. Good luck!!!
rahjesh

Pro

My opponent is using personal opinion to say that poop stinks. However, it is obvious that many don"t agree with this. Poop is a natural substance that comes from our bodies. It is rich in many different nutrients and can be used for a variety of purposes. In India for instance, in some poor, rural areas, they use it for cooking fuel, or even to build huts. There is also an ancient medicinal drink made in Korea, that consists of rice wine, and fermented human poo. And we all know that it is used for fertilizer to grow vegetables in many countries. Many is the person who loves the odor of fresh cow feces, when driving past a farm in the country. For them, the smell has positive connotations of farm life, and is not hindered by society. Humans also naturally love the smell of their own poop. There is no reason they shouldn"t. It came from our bodies, so it is our own, just like our hair, skin, eyes etc. a healthy person"s poop has a nice rich, robust smell that is very pleasant.
fire_wings

Con

In this round I will rebut my opponent's statements. I want my opponent to not post until I get to my hotel, as I am very busy. My opponent says that it is obvious that people don't agree that poop stinks. My opponent shows a bare assertion, and has no source for this, doesn't even give an example for this too. My opponent says that poop is a natural substance in our bodies, and says that it is like our skin, hair, etc. My opponent makes a bare assertion. Poop is waste, and the bad fat, and those parts of what you eat. The nutrients all go in your body, and make you better, and the waste goes to poop. So it is full of nutrients, as I rebutted this claim. My opponent gives two examples of India and Korea. First of all, I am Korean, and there is no medical drink that is from poop. It is called shik-hae, and it is made of rice. Also my opponent makes bare assertions that poop is helpful. And it doesn't help Pro's burden. Pro's burden is to show that poop doesn't stink, not that we use poop. My opponent doesn't give any source or example that people enjoy their poop smell, when I gave an example of my friends, me and my family. I hate cow feces also, they ruin the smell of nature, the tree smells. My opponent doesn't rebut ANY of my arguments. I rebutted all of his, and his are all bare assertions, so vote for Con, and I'll go to the bathroom to barf. Bye, vote for Con.
rahjesh

Pro

Enjoying the smell of your waste is a necessity. In order to make sure you are healthy, you must smell your own feces/flatulence. Weird smells can be a sign of health problems. A person who is in good physical shape and eats right, can produce pleasant odors from their poop and farts. if my opponent wants evidence, I suggest he check the Internet. There are many people who proclaim their affinity for the smells they produce, and want to know if this behavior is normal. I have known several people who enjoy smelling their farts and poop. A friend of mine in junior high admitted to me that he enjoys his own poop smell. I will not say whether I enjoy it, because I do not feel that is relevant. Who decides which smells are good and which ones stink? I am originally from India, but was born and raised in America, and am indoctrinated by the American culture. One thing that always strikes me, is the American disgust for bodily processes and products. American society taught us that anything relating to the body, is gross, and smelly. We are taught that feces is a gross substance to be flushed down the toilet, and only to be spoken about in whispers. We learned not to like poop, the same way we are taught not to like our own body odor. Spend some time in Paris, they have no such prudishness about their natural body smell. Body odor used to advertise our sexuality. But society has relegated it to the level of the disgusting. if society can make us ashamed of our body odor, it can make us ashamed of our poop too.
fire_wings

Con

My opponent says that to be healthy you must smell your feces. Weird smells can be healh problems. This is a BARE assertion from Pro, Pro has no sources. My opponent says that a healthy person will have good smell. This is wrong, as Poop is waste, no nutrients, and this is a bare assertion from Pro. My opponent says I should check the internet. First of all, I did, and there are no searches, and second, my opponent should give the evidence to me, not make me read his evidence. My opponent says that the society told us that poop stinks. This is wrong, as I already said in my second round. My opponent says that we are not taught to like our body odor. I don't get how this is possible. We don't learn this at class. With my opponent's logic, we aren't happy, only society tells us that we are happy. My opponent gives another bare assertion about sexuality, and all of this assertions are bare assertions. My opponent doesn't rebut my arguments, and I rebut his arguments, so vote for Con.
Posted by triangle.128k 5 months ago
triangle.128k
@missmozart well indian is a nationality not a race, and I'm actually racially a northwestern indian. I only said what I said as a pure joke.
Posted by Diqiucun_Cunmin 6 months ago
Diqiucun_Cunmin
@fire lol
Posted by missmozart 6 months ago
missmozart
@triangle
It wasn't very funny though. You probably meant well but it came across as really racist and rude to me.
Posted by whiteflame 6 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: ThinkBig// Mod action: NOT Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: P.O.O.P: People Order Our Patties. This is obviously a troll debate and so the votes will not be moderated. Simply put, pro had the BOP to prove that poop does not stink and the only reason we think it does is because society tells us. He failed to prove his burden of proof. I vote con.

[*Reason for non-removal*] This is, indeed, a troll debate and therefore not subject to vote moderation.

Note: Previous votes that were removed should not have been, and we apologize for the error.
************************************************************************
Posted by triangle.128k 6 months ago
triangle.128k
@missmozart jeez, take a joke.
Posted by whiteflame 6 months ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: Skinnyp// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Pro. Reasons for voting decision: Yep

[*Reason for removal*] Not an RFD.
Posted by missmozart 6 months ago
missmozart
@triangle
That's so rude..
Posted by triangle.128k 6 months ago
triangle.128k
>from india
Maybe he's used to seeing poo on all the designated shitting streets?
Posted by fire_wings 6 months ago
fire_wings
poop equals the patties thing, lol. from poop has DNA
Posted by Diqiucun_Cunmin 6 months ago
Diqiucun_Cunmin
I find it pretty sad Pro actually sounded serious in the debate. It shows how relativism has really taken hold of people's minds these days. According to some, every sentiment we're trained to feel comes from social doctrination and classical or operant conditioning of some kind...
Vote Placed by ThinkBig 6 months ago
ThinkBig
rahjeshfire_wingsTied
Reasons for voting decision: P.O.O.P: People Order Our Patties. This is obviously a troll debate and so the votes will not be moderated. Simply put, pro had the BOP to prove that poop does not stink and the only reason we think it does is because society tells us. He failed to prove his burden of proof. I vote con.
Vote Placed by ConserativeDemocrat 6 months ago
ConserativeDemocrat
rahjeshfire_wingsTied
Reasons for voting decision: I know this is a troll debate, but Con wins this. Pro needs to provide sources to back up many of his claims, which he fails to do. So sources go to Con.