anujdahiya
Bendurisgrate

Population of India is its plus point

Bendurisgrate

anujdahiya

Pro

I am an Indian . And being a part of the oldest civilization of the planet i feel proud to say that I love my motherland . And with a human resource of over 1.25 billion , that India can overtake any other country . though we are not taught to over shine others . Some argue that the population has only proved fatal for the country , created only problems , communal clashes , government failures , that people can't be united . You say we can not be united , I believe what if they did . What if they worked all together , what if they all got up ?
We can use the resource positively and use it as an efective tool .
Many legends have come out of the same population , and many are about to come .
I think If You and me stood , nothing can stop India .. !
Bendurisgrate

Con

First of i would like to wish you good luck in this debate.
For right now i would like to say that the size of a country will not lead to its ultimate success.Just because India has a population of 1.25bil does not necessarily mean it can take over any country,Take the US for example it may not have as many soldiers or people to throw to their deaths but it has the technology,strategy and skills to outdo a military of that size.
anujdahiya

Pro

Thank you . I am blessed to get your greetings sir !
And I agree with you " that the size of a country will not lead to its ultimate success " but my point is not of overtaking any country but simply that its population doesn't work to its disadvantage at all . US being the third largest nation has used its human resource very well . But what I am referring to here is that a large population can never work to its impairment if it has the right educated people and I have the potential . I've heard some saying that a country with such a population can never progress unless another " Fat Boy " helps it . A country with this much diversity can't stand communal riots , a clash of interests of different communities won't allow it to grow . This is clearly a misconception .The same force can do wonders . They can also ruled 'n' educated to work unitedly .
Though it is a tedious job , but I think Taking risks is often the first step of Winning !
Bendurisgrate

Con

Large population can actually impair a country because with the land mass the country it only has a certain amount of resources to use for domestic use and for export and with 1.25 billion people living in that mass of land alot of it would need to go to them.Now they can import it but as always it cost money and a country can't just produce an infinite amount of money so it would need to pay taxes and for people to pay taxes they need money and to get money you need a job.In an area with over a billion people it would be difficult for every single person to have a job that pays enough.You could argue that India only has a 10% unemployment rate and the US has a 7% but since the US only has a 312 million population its significantly less.

If the population is educated it can do alot of progression but india but due to the country being in poverty the children can not always afford to go to a good school.
anujdahiya

Pro

' Large population can impair a country ' But it won't unless there are people like WE !
You say , it only has a certain amount of resources . But my dear friend we have the most valuable resource , "Human Resource" . and I think you are a bit unaware of our exports and the fact that top Docs 'n' Scientists in the major developed countries are Indians . This is also a resource and proper channelization of this energy can create and have created histories .
I don't think that poverty , education or any other thing is a major problem here . There is no lack of money or power here . The only problem is the corruption . It's not that people can't afford education or food . The only thing is that they don't reach the right place , credit to our corrupt ministers .
I am not talking of extremities and am very concerned about its growing population . It has its own effects , but it doesn't mean that it can't work for its betterment anymore . All other sources become resources only when they are used by the same human resources .
And Sir , there is no need of affording the education here , Education is a birth right in a India now . ( Right To Education , 2009 ) . And what educated youth can do , I think you must be better knowing that .
Bendurisgrate

Con

Human recourse is a dependent recourse it needs food water and air to survive
Also i would like a link to an article Showing the exports and the top doctors and scientists.
As for Poverty it is a major issue due you need money for basic things of life
http://www.firstpost.com...
anujdahiya

Pro

Ultimately food , water and air are useless unless are useful to humans . So , both are inter-dependent .
Dear , If India has 41-60% people living under $1.25 per day , It also has rich billionaires too .Here I can also argue to the fact that as US only has 312 million people , the percentage of poor will definitely be less . Now that doesn't mean population is to blame . The same population can be used to its benefit too . India is still growing with all its 1.25 billion at a GDP growth rate of 5.6 % that is a big number compared to other countries . And I personally feel If the population has the potential it can still deliver under all circumstances whether that be lack of money or anything . And I not at all support that larger population means greater development , this interesting debate is all about the capability of India in handling its population .
Bendurisgrate

Con

Water and food and air are actually useful economically since they can be exported
The population can actually be part of the blame of poverty because as i said before theres not enough jobs to go around for everybody and our currencies are based on precious metals which are precious because of there scarcity and will only a limited amount for everybody so not everyone can be rich.

India does appear to be going through a growth period i can't deny that but it needs a way to sustain that the people need to agree and with over a billion people with different cultures its difficult.
anujdahiya

Pro

Talking of jobs , I must say that more population definitely means more needs and as the needs increases , jobs automatically follow it . You must not be knowing that 'Indian Railways' is the largest employer of the world . Only this , generates a million plus jobs for the same every year . Jobs are increasing as ever . Your Sir Winston Churchill 64 years ago said , " Indians will fight amongst themselves for power & India will be lost in political squabbles " And my dear friend , He has been proved wrong by your own president " Hungry Chinese , Indian students grabbing will grab future jobs " The same nation is one of the major markets and self sufficient in food world now . Gone are days when India has to import its food . It exports tonnes of everything now .

And 'Its different' cultures has only made India rich on culture lines . A country , where almost 1635 languages are spoken , 330 million gods are worshiped , is growing and growing both traditionally and economically .
It can be difficult , but not impossible . To provide food , education and place for a billion people seems to be difficult . We must accept it , face it and be prepared for it . Besides working for its control , we must skill our population . Their is no doubt in that .
But , the same billion people can do the three times work that a country with 330 million people can . That's the point . The reality of population can not be changed but it can be used for the good of the country , good of the mankind .
Thank You !
Bendurisgrate

Con

It seems that were at the end of this debate and i don't really have much to say at this point other than good job you came well prepared.
Posted by OtakuJordan 3 years ago
OtakuJordan
"And with a human resource of over 1.25 billion , that India can overtake any other country ."

China...
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 3 years ago
wrichcirw
anujdahiyaBendurisgrateTied
Reasons for voting decision: Interesting and short debate. I am thankful there were no forfeits, such are the standards of this website now. :/ Regardless, this one was close... I did not see PRO refute CON's case about scarcity of natural resources creating limitations on human capital. Such an argument undermines PRO's main thesis, so I cannot say that PRO met burden. Arguments CON.