HAMMOB
SJM

Porn, explicit sexual depictions, and oversexualization should be banned

SJM has forfeited round #2.

HAMMOB

Pro

It's just bad!
SJM

Con

I will take this as an acceptance round since pro didn't provide an argument.
HAMMOB

Pro

Thank You for accepting to debate this issue.

For the betterment of humanity, it is an obligation upon the society as well as the governing body of a society to ensure a general atmosphere of peace, harmony, and tranquility that is in accordance with true human values and dignity.

The basic unit of a society is the home, where a family lives, finds comfort, and prospers. If this basic unit is corrupted by forces from within it or by external influences, it eventually results in the disruption of the entire society in general. This process, at times, may seem slow and at some other times may increase its pace, however the inevitable result is the degradation of societal and human values.

Pornography, explicit depiction of sexuality, and exploitation of sexual values serve as disturbing the equilibrium of the basic unit of the society (the home). External factors fuel the mechanism which eventually affects the home internally in the shape of disturbing the mentality of the members of the family (i.e. mother = wife, father = husband, children) so that their carnal sexual passions and fantasies are excited beyond normality. This results in the breaking up of homes since members of the family do not find true comfort and tranquility within the sphere of their household. The home becomes just an abode where one puts off his burdens and weights and then turns his face towards the internet, pubs and clubs, or the disco etc. to fulfill one's selfless sexual passions. The husband becomes no more sexually attractive for the wife nor the wife for the husband because the sexual desire and lust "outside" the home is much more overwhelming and capturing. Only clicks away, you can find women much more attractive and sensual which fulfill all your desires. Only blocks away you find clubs and discos where the majority of people seek to fulfill their carnal sexual passions in a more satisfying manner. The home essentially becomes "too boring". The woman outside on the advertisement or that particular poster is much more beautiful than my wife, hence I don't feel anymore attracted towards my wife. And if I do, I would still rather have a one night stand with that other girl that I just saw in the bar and who looked almost like that porn star making nude poses on the web.

Children growing up in such a home (society) are getting groomed in a similar fashion. Where it's easier to exchange girlfriends and boyfriends than a pair of jeans. Where the macho guy is the one who has had the most sexual encounters. Where the most beautiful and attractive girl is the one who has the least amount of clothes on her body. All of this is a natural outcome of a hyper sexualized society. This leads to a subtle ugly change in peoples minds and behaviors - degrading and debasing the family unit and the home.

It is for this very reason that porn, explicit sexual depictions, and oversexualization should be banned appreciatively to safeguard human values and the dignity of a modest and sensible society.
Posted by migmag 7 months ago
migmag
You think making Alcohol was difficult? Try banning all forms of porn and sexual images.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 7 months ago
PowerPikachu21
This is an interesting debate. I hope Pro will continue it.