HoosierPapi
TheConservative

Pornography Is Excellent.

HoosierPapi

Pro

Pornography is the greatest man-made commodity on earth. Strangers having wild animal sex with each other without any emotional attachment, using each other's bodies as though they have been intimate for years, and all for money...it's the hottest thing since the sun,

I think everyone should own porn. It should be a federal law.
TheConservative

Con

Thank you for the opportunity HoosierPapi

Lets begin:

"Pornography is the greatest man-made commodity on earth."

- Ok so Medication,Food, Education, Literature, washing machines, vehicles, airplanes, music, beds, money, clothing, soap, toothbrush, ect ect all fall short to Pornography? personally I would choose any of those opposed to porn.

"Strangers having wild animal sex with each other without any emotional attachment, using each other's bodies as though they have been intimate for years, and all for money.."

- First of all your talking about prostitution here not pornography. Second of all how is this a good thing? If anything it is a negative attribute.

"I think everyone should own porn. It should be a federal law."

- According to http://www.wired.com...

"Internet pornography is the new crack cocaine, leading to addiction, misogyny, pedophilia, boob jobs and erectile dysfunction, according to clinicians and researchers testifying before a Senate committee Thursday."

So I ask my opponent to tell me how forcing everyone to own porn is beneficial. I also ask that you say "everyone" should own porn, how are you going to explain porn to a 9-12 year old?
HoosierPapi

Pro

I repeat, for emphasis: Pornography is the greatest thing ever conceived by man (it is highly unlikely that woman invented porn). Complete strangers getting together and f*cking each others' brains out is hot. And right. It should be a federal law that Sunday nights are family porn night, and families shoul be required to gather around the family tv to watch such classics as "Schindler's Fist" and "Starfish Sluper Sluts from Seattle #3". It would bring people together.

You are incorrect to suggest that I am talking about prostitution, conservative. Pornography is used precisely for the reasons I described: people getting together and using their bodies intimately to make money. I refer you to the oft stated fact that porn is the number one money making business in the United States. Now, if YOU are talking about prostitution, well, then, you're in the wrong debate. This is about pornography.

I would submit, TheConservative, that your flagrant political and moral posturing (as is apparent via your name) is clouding your judgment. Just because you believe porn runs counter to your "Christian coalition/moral high ground/Jesus is watching us all, repent! Repent or be damned!" values, does not mean that it is wrong.

Indeed, porn is better than all of the man-made inventiosn your listed so robotically. Porn is based on sex, a natural, healthy, essential function of human behavior. It is a natural extension of human necessity. And the other things you listed are not particularly things that man and woman could not survive without.

Ergo, I say God bless porn! God bless sex as well (obviously, because porn IS sex) but god bless porn, for THAT is the man-man commodity that this debate is about.

AMEN!
TheConservative

Con

"I repeat, for emphasis: Pornography is the greatest thing ever conceived by man (it is highly unlikely that woman invented porn)."

- Pornography was not actually "invented" but defined. Some people find Michelangelo's David as being indecent, others believe it to be a great work of art. The general legal interpretation is, any obscene representation that is demeaning in nature.

"Complete strangers getting together and f*cking each others' brains out is hot."

- This would be an opinion not a fact it has no barring in a debate, just like I don't find it "hot" ...I find it disgusting.

"It should be a federal law that Sunday nights are family porn night, and families shoul be required to gather around the family tv to watch such classics as "Schindler's Fist" and "Starfish Sluper Sluts from Seattle #3". It would bring people together."

- I think that the majority of people on this website will agree with me that they would find it very uncomfortable and awkward and....just wrong to sit a watch porn with your mother or father.

"You are incorrect to suggest that I am talking about prostitution, conservative."

- "Strangers having wild animal sex with each other without any emotional attachment, using each other's bodies as though they have been intimate for years, and all for money." - Argument 1

- Definition of Prostitution from Webster :

"Prostitution - The act or practice of or engaging in sexual intercourse for money." It seems to me what you described would be prostituion not porn.

"I would submit, TheConservative, that your flagrant political and moral posturing (as is apparent via your name) is clouding your judgment."

- Nope wrong, I think that pornography should be marketed and sold and it would not be wrong to use it if you want to. I am submitting the argument that porn is not the greatest commodity nor is it healthy.

I would like all of the spectators to notice that my opponent ignored the facts I based on how porn is unhealthy.

So I will submit them again in hopes to see an argument against them

- According to http://www.wired.com......

So I ask my opponent to tell me how forcing everyone to own porn is beneficial. I also ask that you say "everyone" should own porn, how are you going to explain porn to a 9-12 year old? Still waiting for an answer.
HoosierPapi

Pro

Ok conservative,

Since you are so confused about the definition of the concept of Pornography, I will submit that the onus is on you to define said term. You do not believe that Porn is a form of human interaction that is primarily based on sexual intercourse and animalistic on human desire, and one that almost universally requires the exchange of money to witness and/or engage in. you believe, according to your argument, that this is instead the definition of prostitution.

so, conservanazi, I leave it to you to explain to all of us, in no uncertain terms, what the definition of pornography is. In your own words. and then, I want you to define the difference between porn and prostitution. In your own words.

this should be interesting.

Second, and to simply repeat what I have already said (which you fail to acknoweldge, and/or choose to ignore as reflected by your repeated questions) porn is healthy. I do believe I quote Dr. Seufist when I note that: Porn is healthy for families large and small. Random sex must be engaged in by all. Porn is good with green eggs and ham. Sunday night porn should be requisite viewing, even on the can.

Porn encourages men and women do what is not only natural and required to guarantee the survival of humanity, but it teaches kids how to get it on. I do not believe any person on this website, save perhaps you, conservanazi, would prefer to learn about sex via their parents and a staggeringly uncomfortable "birds and bees" talk, versus throwing in a copy of Forest Hump 2: Jenny Does Jacksonville and learning through observation.

God bless pornography. Screw conservative, religiouslly warped zealots who believe their god frowns upon sex (among many, many other things) and thus they must force their silly morals upon everyone else (not to mention their inaccurate definitions of said sexual varieties). And finally, bless the poon. Yes, the poon. (That should make conservanazi blush in holier than thou horror.)

Huzzah, porn! Huzzah!
TheConservative

Con

TheConservative forfeited this round.
Posted by SexyLatina 9 years ago
SexyLatina
Win by default? I'm tempted to say so, but...

Nah, I'm actually going to have to give Hoosierpapi the win on this one! Of course, his opponent was pretty inept, and the topic was pretty easy to win, but... Still!
Posted by toria_2metal 9 years ago
toria_2metal
so what if some ppl like to watch porn. At least its keeping people busy and not out smugglin drugs and smokin crack!
Posted by HoosierPapi 9 years ago
HoosierPapi
Agreed, Harboggles. Well said.
Posted by Harboggles 9 years ago
Harboggles
Porn is addictive to some, but because a small minority become addicted doesn't mean you should disable everyone from owning it.
Posted by HoosierPapi 9 years ago
HoosierPapi
It appears that my opponent has been kicked off of Debate.org. Hmmm...

God bless porn!
Posted by Logical-Master 9 years ago
Logical-Master
That's a problem how?

*Evangelion is the most overrated anime ever*
Posted by sweatycreases2 9 years ago
sweatycreases2
DON'T EAT DORITOS WHILE WATCHING PORN. YOU'LL GET CHEESE ALL OVER YOUR FINGERS.
Posted by JTSmith 9 years ago
JTSmith
lol...u mean prostitution???
Vote Placed by bablybabe 8 years ago
bablybabe
HoosierPapiTheConservativeTied
Vote Placed by littlelacroix 9 years ago
littlelacroix
HoosierPapiTheConservativeTied
Vote Placed by JTSmith 9 years ago
JTSmith
HoosierPapiTheConservativeTied
Vote Placed by left_wing_mormon 9 years ago
left_wing_mormon
HoosierPapiTheConservativeTied
Vote Placed by simplyme 9 years ago
simplyme
HoosierPapiTheConservativeTied
Vote Placed by Excessum 9 years ago
Excessum
HoosierPapiTheConservativeTied
Vote Placed by beem0r 9 years ago
beem0r
HoosierPapiTheConservativeTied
Vote Placed by genaro9311 9 years ago
genaro9311
HoosierPapiTheConservativeTied
Vote Placed by jazzyfizzle 9 years ago
jazzyfizzle
HoosierPapiTheConservativeTied
Vote Placed by Harboggles 9 years ago
Harboggles
HoosierPapiTheConservativeTied