Plexon_Warrior
aburk903

Pornography is A Disgusting Habit

aburk903

Plexon_Warrior

Pro

Pornography is a disgusting habit. It is against the Bible and just plain inappropriate. It is immoral to watch one have sex with another or have sex with another out of wedlock. I would like to see this disgusting and perverted habit die.

Not only is it disgusting, but it is teaching people that sex has no consequences. It gives people false hope about exotic positions. It teaches people that it is okay to go out and have sex without getting a STD.
aburk903

Con

Thank you for proposing such an interesting debate Pro. I believe we could accomplish much more in a debate with a duration of more than one round, and if you feel the same way I would be happy to accept a challenge from you on this or similar topics.

Pornography is the explicit description or exhibition of sexual subjects or activity in literature, painting, films, etc., in a manner intended to stimulate erotic rather than aesthetic feelings (Oxford English Dictionary). That being established, I will begin by addressing my opponents contentions against pornography.

1. The Bible Is Not The Objective Scale For Morality
While the Bible may be a sufficient moral code for those who choose to believe in it, it must be assumed that some concept of morality must exist for non-Bible believers. Morality is (in a philosophical sense) something outside of religion that stands on its own as an objective system of rights and wrongs. Therefore, we may dismiss any Biblical discouragement of pornographic indulgence.

2. Lessons From Porn
My opponent makes the false assertion that pornography teaches that sex has no consequences. I would address the claim that it gives false hope in exotic positions, but I cannot imagine what that could mean. Pornography teaches promiscuity and STD immunity to the same extent that video games teach us that we can allow recover instantaneously from bullet wounds. Even less so than video games however, pornography has no real direct message or didactic content. It is merely the portrayal of something sexual to erotically stimulate the viewer. Such a medium is actually a healthy option to those that do not wish to indulge in prostitution or those that wish to abstain from actual physical sex.To call such a healthy outlet of release for sexual tension that affects no individuals negatively disgusting is baseless.

Conclusion: Pornography is not objectively immoral and does not encourage users to behave in higher-risk activities sexually than they would have without it. Pornography is not only not disgusting, but it is not wrong.
Posted by aburk903 3 years ago
aburk903
Care to debate something more religious or the topic you already are about America being a Christian nation, @Plexon_Warrior? I much prefer religious debate to specific topics like this. I'd be very interested if you'd like to message me or extend a challenge.
Vote Placed by ChosenWolff 3 years ago
ChosenWolff
Plexon_Warrioraburk903Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's one argument debate was nothing more than a opinion, which he didn't support in the slightest. I really wish he extended this debate.
Vote Placed by voxprojectus 3 years ago
voxprojectus
Plexon_Warrioraburk903Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Sad for Pro, sex itself is arguably a disgusting habit, so I'm not sure what you're really trying to accomplish here.