darkkermit
lovelife

Pornography should be allowed on DDO

Con Tied Pro

darkkermit

Con

Definitions:
Pornography - pictures and/or videos depicting nudity, and/or sexual activities
DDO - debate.org, this website

The new owners of this site are looking for community feedback for a new ToS. Many people feel that pornography should not be allowed on debate.org, but a few, including lovelife, do not feel the same.

Since this is a debate site, I challenge lovelife to affirm the resolution that "pornography should be allowed on DDO."
lovelife

Pro

I agree with the the definitions, and accept this debate.

To clarify my position is it should be allowed as long as there is a disclaimer about the content. Reason being is I see this particular ban restrictive on what we can debate, and even helping in the community.

I thank my opponent for this debate and look forward to round 2.
darkkermit

Con

I thank lovelife for accepting this debate challenge.

1)Net decrease in website traffic
DDO contains a large portion of minors. Parents can control what content their children can and cannot see. Many parents do not like their children viewing pornographic material [1]. It is very likely that parents would filter this website, or punish them for viewing this website.

This website also has potential to be used by educators. Educators are very likely to use this website due to its nature of improving critical thinking, writing skills and persuasive writing ability. However, if pornography is allowed, then educators would be very hesitant to use this website for teaching.

While many of us might log on to debate.org during school or work, employers and school administrators would likely block this website, decreasing its traffic.

2)The communities increasing lack of respect for this website
It is obvious that society views pornography as a crude form of entertainment with very little merits. The community would think negatively of us if pornography was allowed. This is for example, the case with 4chan which allows pornography.

There are very little, if any well respected website that allows users to post pictures or videos of pornography. YouTube does not allow pornography. Yahoo answers does not allow posting of explicit sexual content. These policies are very effective in making website community friendly, respected and popular.

3)Posting pictures or videos that could harm others and/or be illegal

When askbob posted a picture of InsertNameHere, she got extremely upset over this. This picture did not depict her in a negative fashion; however it was still a cause of controversy.

If pornography would be allowed this problem would only get worse. Persons could post nude pictures of others without their consent. Although illegal, people viewing the image or video would not know whether it was distributed with consent or not, until it has already reached circulation. One can only imagine the torment and embarrassments that the person would feel. The damages would be irreversible.

Also remember that many members on this site are minors. It is very plausible that a person would post a pornographic depiction of themselves. This would be considered child pornography. This would lead to a lawsuit against the owners of DDO.

If people do post pornographic pictures of themselves, he or she could also regret the decision later. [2]

4)Pornography would not enhance any features on this website

This site is unique. It is a chance to engage in debates, engage in intellectual conversation, express controversial or differing beliefs, laugh at witty remarks, and meet unique people.

While the site's dynamics has changed over the years, it nonetheless is a very unique place with potential for future growth.

Pornography would not enhance any features. Pornography is so common, that one can easily find it on the internet. There is no need for it to be here. Why should we have pornography here, when I can just go to any website to find it?

5)A decreasing morale on DDO

Pornography only serves the very primitive instincts of humans. It is very unlikely to stimulate intellectual dialog, and instead degrade to our primitive nature. This is the case of 4chan.[3]
Instead of this website attracting intelligent and mature people it would instead attract very immature or stupid people. It is more than likely that the flaming and personal attacks could increase. Pornography would cause the sexual objectification of women on this site. Women here would only be seen here for their boobs, not their brain. An environment that sexual harasses and disrespect women could very well persist. Female users would constantly be harassed with: "Tits or GTFO". This is not what DDO is meant to do.

http://www.superkids.com...[1]
http://www.mybiggestregretever.com...[2]
http://www.foxnews.com...[3]
lovelife

Pro

I thank my opponent for his response, and the good points he has made.

1) I disagree that the decrease in website traffic would be an issue.
While parents may feel the need to control access to pornographic sites, they may just establish a blocker for the actual porn sites rather then DDO, which most concerned parents do anyway.
Same goes for educational websites too. Google can be used to find porn, even on accident with no clear warnings, especially if one were to look at pictures, one might not be too bad but once you click on it to get the full size you may end up on a porn site.
That would mean there would be less to complain about DDO then there is Google. Most parents and schools do not block Google, and so they shouldn't block DDO if it is set up the way I purpose.

2) I disagree that this would turn into 4chan just for allowing pornography. I don't think we should be able to have it as something seen mainstream, just maybe an adult only forum/debate area in which porn may be posted at least. In that area members may ask things like why porn isn't as good for them, and other members can give suggestions and link things that they believe they would enjoy. Would be useful in the community as seen [1].
I would also like to add that youtube does have pornography but it is often flagged so that people under 18 cannot view it.

3) I believe members shouldn't post pornographic pictures of themselves, and if they do I don't think they can complain about that. The issue with InsertNameHere was that it was uploaded from an outside source, either because of a glitch in facebook, a false account being made to trick her, or someone else breaching her trust and sending them to someone else.

Apart from users, accidentally illegal pornography can spring up anywhere. Just because something might go wrong doesn't mean we need a blanket rule for such thing.
Again I do not think the majority of DDO would post pornographic pictures of themselves on here.
The system I am arguing for allows clearly marked links, not picture albums and profile pictures of pornography. I als would not support embedding pornography on the threads.

4) I disagree with the statement "Pornography would not enhance any features on this website"
on the grounds that this is is unique. And it allows us a chance to engage in debates, conversations, and express controversial differing beliefs, and meet unique people.
If porn was allowed as a way to expand on what we are saying that would allow for a whole new set of debates "----seems to have bigger tits then ----in this pornographic video" post a link to the video make sure it is clearly marked, mark times for evidence, etc. It would really enhance quality and activity if it were allowed.

5) I do not believe it would turn into another 4chan, this website is for debating, not pedophiles :)
In all seriousness though I do believe that allowing pornography to be posted on this website would not attract stupid people. If porn was all they want there are plenty of Google searches they can conduct [2] which would be much more efficient then browsing around DDO in hopes that someone posted, not only pornography, but pornography that they wanted.
I also believe that DDO already has that attitude which drives away most of the females. With the porn allowed rule the under-aged girls would then be able to use it to make the degradation of females in this site go away which would decrease the problems my opponent has mentioned.

Now I purpose my system
1) Pornographic pictures may not be seen on this site
2) Pornographic videos or websites may be linked, in the format of something similar to [pornographic content]www.pornographiccontent.porn[/pornographic content]
3) The bracket system has any number of possibilities from hiding the content completely from people under the age of 18, to changing the font size/color (instead of to blue it would be red, or something along those lines), or let the brackets themselves be warning enough.

Reasons I believe this site should allow pornography is we have all been asking for less strict ToS, or only rules against actual harm, but I fail to see how porn harms anyone, if the people seeing it consent to it.

Allowing pornography opens many more opportunities to grow as a community and to have more topics to debate, which would increase this sites number of debates.

[1] http://www.debate.org...
[2] Google Images- Hot -insert anything- girl

I would like to thank my opponent once again for sending me this challenge, and look forward to his reply.
darkkermit

Con

1)Net decrease in traffic

Lovelife states that allowing pornography links on DDO would be no different than using Google to search for pornography. However this statement is completely wrong.

One is intention. If one were to post a link to a pornography site, one has every intention so that others would view it. Google does not *intend* people to search for pornography. It is intended to be a *search engine*. In Google, one can search for any site in the world including sites that contain illegal content, hate groups, libelous material, and unsafe sites that cause viruses and malware. That does not mean that Google *promotes* them. However, linking pornography sites would be completely different, since there is clear promotion.

Second is purpose. Google's purpose is to be a search engine to find websites. Therefore, it is perfectly legitimate to search for pornography on Google, since it is a search engine. DDO purpose is for debating.

Based on lovelife's logic one should be able to post links of the same nature, including websites that defame, threaten, or harm other members since one can also find the same material on Google.

Google already has given itself a reputation of being a good search engine. Therefore parents and educators ignore the fact that one can search for pornography on it. DDO is relatively unknown and has not earned that reputation yet and parents and teachers would be hesitant to allow minors to join this website.

2)The Community's lack of respect for this site

It is very likely that allowing pornography on this website would degrade this place to a place like 4chan or at the very least a place that the community would not respect. 4chan main purpose it to be an image board. However, due to its lack of rules it has also been a place to shock, and coax free porn from another. /b/ is only one portion of the site, yet has 30% of its traffic. DDO main purpose is to be a debating site. However, despite this, many people do not use this site for debates. It has become a place that is based more on chatting with others. For example, for every 945 posts in the forums, you have only been in one debate. It is very likely for this place could degrade to a place that cares mainly about pornography.

Lovelife does not contend that no respectable website allows porn. Youtube's term of service states that no pornography is allowed on it. Pornographic videos are quickly removed [1]. Flagged videos are in the process of being removed yet have not been reviewed by a moderator yet.

3) Posting pictures or videos that could harm others and/or be illegal

The issue with InsertNameHere was that it was from an outside source. Just like somebody can post nude pictures of others from an outside source. If someone's nude pictures were up for display, he or she would clearly be offended.

"Accidentally illegal pornography can spring up anywhere. Just because something might go wrong doesn't mean we need a blanket rule for such thing."

Lovelife agrees that it is possible that others can post images or videos that can be harmful or illegal. One should not engage in high risk actions. It's called foresight. If I have unprotected sex, it would be very irresponsible, even if nothing does go wrong.

Of course there is illegal pornography in the world, yet just because it exists does not mean we should put ourselves in a situation that would get us involved with it.

"Again I do not think the majority of DDO would post pornographic pictures of themselves on here."

I do not either. However, if a minority of people did then you would still have a lot of people on DDO who would regret their decision and if the person is a minor, the owner could face a lawsuit on his hands.
Lovelife then states a DDO members do not have the right to complain if he or she does post a picture. However, teenage brains are not fully developed, which causes them to engage in risky behavior, hasty decisions, and do actions without thinking of the consequence. Also, many members could pressure other members to post nude pictures. This could be a joke or an attack, but a foolish or low self esteem member could very well do the act leading to terrible consequence.

4) Pornography would not enhance any features on this website
Members are allowed to discuss pornography. Otherwise we would not be able to have this debate. Discussion, debates, and expressions of controversial beliefs would still exist.
The debate topic: "----seems to have bigger tits then ----in this pornographic video" is just a crude and pointless. This only demonstrates how porn would not enhance any features on this website

5) Decrease morale on DDO

A debater can be a pervert or a pedophile. These are not mutually exclusive. Even still, this site has had a decreasing emphasis on debating. Lovelife states that people can ‘just use a google search to look for porn'. However, the google search can link to us. Based on Pro's logic that "If porn was all they want there are plenty of Google searches they can conduct" I should not make any profits creating a pornographic site, since one can simply do a google search. Instead, people will be attracted to this website because there will be stupid debate topics like: "----seems to have bigger tits then ----in this pornographic video" and other discussion on pornography that don't enhance any feature of this website. This is how we would obtain stupid and immature people.
Lovelife states that "I also believe that DDO already has that attitude which drives away most of the females."
You're a women and still on this website. Pornography would only make this attitude worse. Pornography sexual objectifies women. Since pornography would be allowed, people could harass other members to take naked pictures of themselves. Obviously, one cannot do this now at DDO since pornography is not allowed.
Many users are called out for making ‘sexual remarks' to women. Cerebral_Narcissist made a remark about InsertNameHere and was labeled a pedophile. Sac8 stated "Ann is all the women I need on this website" and was also ridiculed.[2]

http://www.youtube.com... [1]
http://www.debate.org...[2]
lovelife

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent, and also point out that he most likely did not understand my points. I will try to clarify and argue against his points.

1) I did not say that allowing pornography on DDO would be no different than using Google to search for it. I simply stated that if it is parents and educators that are worried about access of porn Google would pose a higher threat since you can easily search for it, and sometimes accidentally come across it.
For instance I wanted to know what an emo German girl looked like so I did a Google search before even putting on images some of the results that came up were about young, attractive, German, females having sexual intercourse involving their anus for a sum of money, and other things along those lines. [1] Even doing an image search for "Young Jewish guy" turns up with one of the first images depicting three young males doing sexual things with each other.
Now take for instance a student has a social science class, and one of the topics is to research deviant lifestyles. One of the students may want to do their research on homosexual relationships, what do you think would show up?
Such things would not accidentally be seen on DDO, because much like how you get a warning when you do a web search on Google you would get a warning if looking at DDO.
I am not advocating allowing pornographic images directly on this website but rather let that filter and warning be there, and maybe even hide such thing from the minors on this website (much like safe-search on Google).

The intent does not matter. People post things on the internet with hopes that it will be seen, and Google has accepted to be a part of allowing access to such things, therefore it can be found there.

Now about the purpose, Google does have the purpose of searching for websites. Debate.org has the purpose of debating and searching for information. Information and pornography are not mutually exclusive, and neither is debate and pornography.

"Based on lovelife's logic one should be able to post links of the same nature, including websites that defame, threaten, or harm other members since one can also find the same material on Google."

No where do I advocate such things. I want the rules to allow pornographic links to be allowed, if I was arguing for any and all links, my opponent might have a case, but I still advocate material that defames, threatens, or harms other members should not be allowed, Google has earned a positive reputation, but Debate.org has not.
That might be true but allowing pornographic links on the website would not harm such things. For non-members and extremely new members (most likely anyone that has been here less than a month with a post count below 100, who has been in fewer than 3 debates) they would be treated like minors where pornographic links cannot be seen.
Pornographic links that are not marked as such should be dealt with in the same way pornography on this site is currently handled; deleted with a ban for the offender.

My opponent says the purpose of this site is debating, and I agree. He then says that allowing pornography would degrade it to 4chan levels. I disagree with that, because of the maturity most of the members have, and how they tend to treat non-mature members, or trolls.
He says "for every 945 posts in the forums, you have only been in one debate. It is very likely for this place could degrade to a place that cares mainly about pornography."

Now I will assume he is talking to me on this one. I would like to point out that he is only taking formal debate into consideration. The forums allow for non-voted debates to happen, with as many rounds as needed, etc. For example this thread [2] has potential to grow as a debate (sorry I only read the OP)
Along with one I created last night [3] or even the place this debate came from [4]
Saying that no debating happens in the forums is very naive indeed. Even unlikely places spawn debates, such as mafia games [5] [6] [7] for example.
Allowing mafia games has about the same amount of possible negative results as porn, yet it is allowed. Both can and will spark debate on this website, because of the creative, competitive, argumentative nature expressed here.
Again about the post count and number of debates, how many of my posts were in a forum debate?
Unless those numbers can be concluded, that point in itself is null.

I would bring proof of youtube videos but do not wish to be banned for pornographic content.

Now I cannot fathom Ann for instance uploading pornographic content of herself and then Cody finding it and posting it on here.
Now if someone is under the legal age of consent and posts sexual pictures of themselves online the pictures should be wiped, and the offender persecuted. If someone over the age of consent but under the legal porn age, then much lighter sentence should be applied, however that is more legal conditions then DDO affairs, and I will avoid getting further into how it ought to be.
If you post pictures of yourself then you should live with the consequences, the world cannot baby you forever.

The debate topic I had above was only an example, the members on this site are creative, and I am sure they will, together, find something to debate about with it.
Right now I would like to add that my opponent has not even touched on the community service effect of allowing pornography on here.

Now I will also argue that there is a way to keep some things from showing up on Google, like having the content being hid.
Now I disagree that allowing porn would bring stupid and immature people. One could easily argue the same for forum games, yet I do not see them banned.

"You're a women and still on this website."

I did say most, not all.

"Pornography would only make this attitude worse. Pornography sexual objectifies women."

And men...and anything that is the object of pornography. Point is?

"Since pornography would be allowed, people could harass other members to take naked pictures of themselves."

I disagree. Members would not be allowed to harass others just because pornography is allowed.

My opponent then goes on to say
"Many users are called out for making ‘sexual remarks' to women. Cerebral_Narcissist made a remark about InsertNameHere and was labeled a pedophile. Sac8 stated "Ann is all the women I need on this website" and was also ridiculed."

Which is a good point and I would like to thank him for pointing it out for me.
Because members were called out for making sexual remarks to other members, which is not against the current ToS, it stands to reason that even if pornographic links were not against the ToS members that try to sexually advance on others would be called out, and ridiculed.

I would like to thank my opponent once again, and look forward to another interesting round.

[1] http://google.com... <--search "Emo German Girl"
[2] http://www.debate.org...
[3] http://www.debate.org...
[5] http://www.debate.org...
[6] http://www.debate.org...
[7] http://www.debate.org...
[4] http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit

Con

I thank PRO for accepting this interesting debate. I wish her luck in the final round. I apologize for sending this last round late, however I had my last two final exams.

1) Concern of educators and parents and loss of members

Lovelife states "If it is parents and educators that are worried about access of porn Google would pose a higher threat since you can easily search for it, and sometimes accidentally come across it."

Discussion topic "My parents blocked pornography from the website. What are some good pornography sites that are unlikely to be blocked?" There you go, now DDO poses a higher threat to access to porn than Google.

Also, lovelife never specified in Round 1 that embedded pornography should not be allowed in Round 1. She only stated that:

"To clarify my position is it should be allowed as long as there is a disclaimer about the content."

It is abusive that she changed her stance to "only allow pornographic links". IF there is embedded pornography, one would have to block DDO, since it would be too easy to access these embedded images.

Even if lovelife is correct that it is easier to find porn on Google than DDO, parents and educators would still be hesitant to use DDO. The opinion of the public is the most important issue. Parents do not ban this since it used for research for school. The same would not go for DDO.

I then go on to explain why DDO's links to pornography would be less socially acceptable than Google's ability to search for pornography.

I stated that pornography links on DDO have the intention to be viewed. Lovelife stated "The intent does not matter." Intent is very important. If I kill someone in a car accident, I might get a civil lawsuit. If I murder somebody, I will spend the rest of my life in jail. That's a big difference.

One would be more tempted to look for pornography if other DDO members were discussing it and posted links. Lovelife even states:'

"In that area members may ask things like why porn isn't as good for them, and other members can give suggestions and link things that they believe they would enjoy. Would be useful in the community as seen."

Now, if I was a parent that did not want my child to view pornography, I would be very opposed to these discussion threads.

I will again state that there is very little or no purpose of allowing pornography on DDO. Debates rely on words, very rarely images or videos. All intellectual debates about pornography can be discussed without the explicit use of porn. Most debaters including: Mongeese, Mongoose, Wjelements, Cody_Franklin, tvellalott, jharry, Freedo, M93samman, Vardas0antras and wamba do not want pornography on DDO[1].

Even though one can easily look for links on Google that show illegal material, cause viruses defame, threaten, and harm others, she does not advocate having these links on DDO, showing her logic is inconsistence.

Lovelife then goes on to state:

"For non-members and extremely new members (most likely anyone that has been here less than a month with a post count below 100, who has been in fewer than 3 debates) they would be treated like minors where pornographic links cannot be seen."

This will not only lead to excessive spamming and trolling to get to the porn links but is also a new proposition that lovelife introduced that was not specified in Round.

Pornography is a crude form of entertainment that only stimulates the basic instincts.
It is exactly for that reason that it is likely to go mainstream. PRO even states she would not want this.This website contains a lot of teenagers, the demographic most likely to be interested in this material. If DDO is known to have a lot of pornography on the website, then it will get a bad reputation. Mew members, those who want pornography, will stay here for the porn. DDO will provide a unique feature of discussing such material that society at large considers filth. If pornography is allowed, we cannot ban members who go here just for the porn.

Lovelife does not think this will happen since this is a debate site. The mere fact that the forums features has become more popular than the debating features demonstrates this. This is why the "this is a debate site" will not be sufficient to improve DDO's reputation. It's like defending MTV's show "Jersey Shore" by claiming MTV it is a "music station" and will not degrade to "showing crappy reality TV shows". At least mafia games are seen as harmless fun. Pornography is more controversial.

Lovelife then claims that youtube allows pornography. Here is a good example of Youtube banning porn. If you notice, the video in the posters link is already removed:
http://answers.yahoo.com...[2]
The truth still remains that no respectable site has allowed pornography. Those that did, for example Craigslist, had it removed due to it ruining it's reputation[3].

3)"however that is more legal conditions then DDO affairs, and I will avoid getting further into how it ought to be."

This is precisely the point. There are legal issues with DDO allowing pornography as well as social, economic and moral issues.

4)"The debate topic I had above was only an example, the members on this site are creative, and I am sure they will, together, find something to debate about with it."

Yet most debaters are against allowing pornography. I have not heard anyone complain that the ban on pornography has hampered their ability to debate certain topics. If the example that lovelife could think of was :""----seems to have bigger tits then ----in this pornographic video" shows that allowing pornography would create crude debate. This will only hinder and ruin this site.

5) A decrease of morale

"Now I disagree that allowing porn would bring stupid and immature people. One could easily argue the same for forum games, yet I do not see them banned."

Games challenge you intellectually. Porn is just a basic instinct that is universally enjoyed by everyone, including the immature and the stupid. Even if people came to DDO just for games, the stupid and immature would leave DDO since they keep losing or fail to follow basic rules. Same cannot be stated with porn.

"Because members were called out for making sexual remarks to other members, which is not against the current ToS, it stands to reason that even if pornographic links were not against the ToS members that try to sexually advance on others would be called out, and ridiculed."

Lovelife is referring to current DDO that does not allow pornography. Current DDO is respectful to woman. While it is debatable if DDO could be more respectable is another issue. However anhasle, lovelife, theLwerd, and belle are respectable members of the community. Future DDO, that would allow pornography, would not be. I have shown evidence of this in previous rounds. It would only objectify women and female members would be pressured to upload images of themselves. A good example of this is that 4chan. It is very hostile to female users.

Conclusion:

Pornography would hurt DDO in many ways. It would hurt profits. We'd lose respect. It would lead to lawsuits against members and the owners. I have shown evidence of this.
It would change DDO to a place that used to be a place for intellectual debates. The benefits of porn are very nominal and the harms are very substantial. VOTE CON.

http://www.debate.org...[1]
http://mashable.com...[3]
lovelife

Pro

I would once again like to thank my opponent for challenging me to this interesting debate. I hope my final round answers the last questions about stance. I apologize for being slow in response and a generally lacking last round, due to time limits and Christmas time. I will just skim through the last round, and sum up my responses.

Now DDO will not have unlimited access to pornography, it would be limited to clearly marked links, that can only be seen by active adult members, and would most likely be limited to adding to a conversation in a productive way.
An example of how 'pornography' could be used productively. [1]

There is not embedded images on DDO. My stance has always been about links. In round two I even specified "The system I am arguing for allows clearly marked links, not picture albums and profile pictures of pornography. I also would not support embedding pornography on the threads."
Arguing against me clarifying that in round two should not be handled in round four.

Because DDO is so unknown, and because when checking out a site, parents and educators rarely make an account, I do not believe what they would see wold pose a threat to the community.

If you intend to kill someone it does not make them any more dead then if you did not intentionally kill them.

"Even though one can easily look for links on Google that show illegal material, cause viruses defame, threaten, and harm others, she does not advocate having these links on DDO, showing her logic is inconsistence."

I would like to point out the issue is whether it is against the ToS or not. Pornography being allowed =/= illegal material, virus causing material , defaming material, threatening material, or harmful material being allowed.

I would also like to point out that being able to access pornographic links would not cause trolling in most cases, especially since if the website is blocked its blocked. If its not blocked, they can just go there anyway.

Again it is very unlikely that members would come here just for porn, because again it would only be links, and if they an be accessed they can be accessed without DDO, so it is unlikely anyone would come here just for the porn.

"Lovelife does not think this will happen since this is a debate site. The mere fact that the forums features has become more popular than the debating features demonstrates this. This is why the "this is a debate site" will not be sufficient to improve DDO's reputation. It's like defending MTV's show "Jersey Shore" by claiming MTV it is a "music station" and will not degrade to "showing crappy reality TV shows". At least mafia games are seen as harmless fun. Pornography is more controversial."

And this brings me to another point, my point that many debates occur in the forums was completely ignored. [2] is an example of productive conversation from nothing basically. Just a few comments made in a mafia thread. [3] [4] are examples of debatse in the forums. The forums=/=unproductive, the forums have many debates that occur. Many members do not like formal debates, and the reasons are numerous, time limits, for example, almost had me forfeiting this round. Other reasons include, character limits, vote-bombing, limited rounds, and maybe just a general dislike of the format. The user known as jharry [5] for example does not like formal debates such as this.

Perhaps youtube does ban porn, however not all respected websites have a rule against it.
Skype for example, not a website but it is a program that is highly respected, among youth and elderly, parents and children, friends and lovers, allows for members to do and post anything so long as it is not illegal and doesn't go against the room mod's wishes. That would allow not only porn sites, but for video chatting in a pornographic way, even with that it is still highly respected, as is yahoo which generally does not care so long as there is no child porn (illegal content).
[6] [7] Notice how no where in the rules did it say pornography, or adult content was disallowed.
The closest being in the yahoo ToS
"Please be aware that Yahoo! has created certain areas on the Yahoo! Services that contain adult or mature content. You must be at least 18 years of age to access and view such areas."
Which is pretty close to what I am arguing for.

I apologize I had much more to add but it is time to eat now and I cannot come back in time to finish writing my round.

Thank you for the opportunity for this interesting debate, and thank you readers for reading this.

[1] http://www.debate.org...
[2] http://www.debate.org...
[3] http://www.debate.org...
[4] http://www.debate.org...
[5] http://www.debate.org...
[6] http://www.skype.com...
[7] http://info.yahoo.com...
Posted by thegodhand 6 years ago
thegodhand
Lol, I thought you meant Dungeons & Dragons Online. It changes the whole context of the debate.
Posted by FREEDO 6 years ago
FREEDO
"Most debaters including: Mongeese, Mongoose, Wjelements, Cody_Franklin, tvellalott, jharry, Freedo, M93samman, Vardas0antras and wamba do not want pornography on DDO[1]."

Must not have read my comments very well.
Posted by ruelariat 6 years ago
ruelariat
What I think would happen if DDO allowed pornography or nudity is what happened with deviantart (for those who don't know it's a website where artists can upload any form of their artwork to be viewed and critiqued by others). The school won't let you go there because it contains nudity (as artistic nudity is a form of art) but there is a filter on the website so if you go to a picture that contains nudity there's a button that says "this picture contains nudity" or something and "click if you want to view anyway" but without a profile you can't view anyway and to get rid of this filter you have to pay for a premium account. That button would probably work on DDO but people would probably still block it like DA.
Another point that I don't think anybody mentioned (cus I'm a lazy kid and didn't read the whole debate) is that DDO should allow maybe not pornographic images but images containing nudity as it is a form of art and that could allow for more topics to be opened up on debate.
Also, lovelife I like your idea about the whole bracket system. I mean if someone warns you that there's two people screwing eachother then it's your own fvcking fault for clicking the link. Not the website's.
Posted by Sieben 6 years ago
Sieben
Wait wait...

there are clothed women on the internet?
Posted by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
In all seriousness I hope everyone is having a good day
Posted by darkkermit 6 years ago
darkkermit
Merry Christmas to you as well.
Posted by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
-sigh- I had so much more to say too -.-
Posted by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
Yes. I'm sorry I'm being slow. I have a lot going on. I think I'm almost done writing up my last round tho.

Merry Christmas, and may the porn be with you
Posted by darkkermit 6 years ago
darkkermit
What better way to spend Christmas then writing a debate on why porn should be allowed on this website?
Posted by lovelife 6 years ago
lovelife
Define child koopin.
I actually don't watch porn I just find the ban ridiculous. I shouldn't have even taken the debate since odds are I'm leaving lol.
@ kermit lmao.

And I do think its inappropriate sometimes, I wouldn't think it should be posted in just random threads (like koopin with KFC) but some places like that one thread where she was asking about porn (thats one of my sources I think I'm going to use...haven't read your response yet tho)
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
darkkermitlovelifeTied
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
darkkermitlovelifeTied
Vote Placed by EthanHuOnDebateOrg 5 years ago
EthanHuOnDebateOrg
darkkermitlovelifeTied
Vote Placed by GMDebater 6 years ago
GMDebater
darkkermitlovelifeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments because con's arguments were adequately refuted. Sources cos pro used ddo and random google searches while con had better sources. overall, good debate!
Vote Placed by brokenboy 6 years ago
brokenboy
darkkermitlovelifeTied
Reasons for voting decision: L
Vote Placed by socialpinko 6 years ago
socialpinko
darkkermitlovelifeTied
Vote Placed by bluesteal27 6 years ago
bluesteal27
darkkermitlovelifeTied
Vote Placed by MewxVenus 6 years ago
MewxVenus
darkkermitlovelifeTied
Vote Placed by nhq 6 years ago
nhq
darkkermitlovelifeTied
Vote Placed by Grape 6 years ago
Grape
darkkermitlovelifeTied