the_unknown_debator
Alexandrethegreat

Portal 2 (pro) is better than the original Portal (con)

the_unknown_debator
Started: 5/12/2014 Category: Games

the_unknown_debator

Pro

I am here to debate in favor of the sequel to the first Portal game. After my opponent has stated his position I will start the next round giving my reasons on why Portal 2 is better than Portal. Then my opponent will give his argument and so on.
I will now wait for my challenger!
Alexandrethegreat

Con

I will be pro.
the_unknown_debator

Pro

Um, okay that is a little confusing but I guess I will start.
I think that Portal 2 made some great improvements over the original. First of all, the game is much longer than the original and has much more content. The first one only had the original nineteen test chambers and the second half of going through the facility to find and battle with Glados which all took me about four 4 to beat. The second one had many more test chambers this time with there being over forty of them throughout the course of the nine chapters in the story. It took me about 10 hours to beat and I have not even tried the co op mode. Portal 2 also introduced more game mechanics such as the discouragement beam and the conversion, repulsion, and propulsion gels.
Alexandrethegreat

Con

Alexandrethegreat forfeited this round.
the_unknown_debator

Pro

I assume this means he has no argument against my statement and this is the final round so I have nothing else to say.
Alexandrethegreat

Con

Alexandrethegreat forfeited this round.
Posted by Zmax15 3 years ago
Zmax15
I personally prefer Portal 1. It's a much more compact, polished experience, and while Portal 2 may have more content you can't really beat 1's fantastic puzzles and side-splitting humor. 2's approach to both is blunt, and while that may be more accessible to the masses, 1 would have to take the cake (no pun intended).
Posted by jacobie1121 3 years ago
jacobie1121
portal two is boss
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
the_unknown_debatorAlexandrethegreatTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for the forfeits. Con seemed to not know what he was doing, here, trying to take the "pro" position. But Pro put forth a case, and Con did not respond. Thus, arguments to Pro. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.