Abdab
ShadowKingStudios

Portraits art challenge.

ShadowKingStudios
Started: 6/20/2014 Category: Arts

Abdab

Pro

First round is for acceptaince only. Opponent must upload art to debate.org and then post here. It can be a portrait of anyone, in any style or medium. Opponent must state why they have chose that person, style and medium (can just be a simple explanation :) )
Abdab

Pro

(http://www.debate.org...)

This is my picture for the first round. It is a digital sketch of Adele (Reference photo used: Adele 21 album cover).
I have chosen this for numerous reasons. I enjoy the reference photo because of the black and while which greatly emphasises the shadows and highlights of her face. I also enjoy the fact her face is rounder and slightly more masculine than others, meaning that it was a greater challenge for me to draw.

(Please note, Con does not have to post his in black and white and does not have to use a reference photo if he does not wish to)
ShadowKingStudios

Con

I think I misunderstand this debate. I interpreted it as a debate of which opponent could present the best, thought-provoking portrait out there, not personally created ones. Anyhow, since I never forfeit I'll continue.

For me, this portrait depicts a subject of interest. "Who is she? Where is she from? My gawd, look at those eyes!"
It has a sort of Assassin's Creed/80s Fantasy Movie appeal going on about it. Although it is a HD image, it has a resembling look of a matte surface grade.
http://www.debate.org...
Abdab

Pro

Abdab forfeited this round.
ShadowKingStudios

Con

We agreed to forfeit this round.
Abdab

Pro

Abdab forfeited this round.
ShadowKingStudios

Con

I never forfeit. So...

I like this portrait because it captures a feminine glamor you do not see anymore in head-shots.
Her skin is smooth & flawless and every feature on her face is in symmetrical proportion to every other, equivalent in dimension & geometric angle. The most striking feature (in my view) is her eyes: captivating, sensual, seductive yet coy with a slight semblance of dalliance.

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by ShadowKingStudios 2 years ago
ShadowKingStudios
I apologize. But your initial premise did not mention "personal works" and I took portrait art in any style or medium to mean "any type of portrait". This is why all debates need to state a clear, grammatically correct premise in layman wording.
Posted by Abdab 2 years ago
Abdab
This isn't what this debate was supposed to be.
Posted by Abdab 2 years ago
Abdab
Yep, three portraits. Portraits are my speciality and I was hoping someone could challenge me to see if they are superior!
Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
ESocialBookworm
Three portraits?
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
I might do this; three portraits are going to be too hard...
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
AbdabShadowKingStudiosTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited