dan564891
Kebenzis

Possessing nuclear weapons is a good thing.

Kebenzis

dan564891

Pro

I think that the possession of nuclear weapons is a good thing as they serve as an excellent deterrent to attacks from other nations.

Actually using them is indeed a questionable action, but I wish to debate only the possession.
Kebenzis

Con

Challenge Accepted! (:

Excuse my weak arguments, this is my first time doing this but the argument that you prose today is a very interesting one because I talked about this with the guy who usually cuts my hair. You stance on possessing nuclear weapons is a good thing is "PRO", though I somewhat agree my stance on it is more "CON" then anything.

The use of weapons as a deterrence is a very interesting point and I would assume the reason why is because of incidents such as the Hiroshima and Nagasaki incident where the Japanese died from the radiation and the impact of two very big nuclear bombs issued by Harry Truman during the conflict between the US and Japanese.

My thing is, it doesn't really prove as a deterrence for example the fight against terrorism the United States have been going through for about ten years now.

The United States was not hesitant on attacking countries that had weapons of mass destruction (the nukes you're talking about), they were like: "OKAY! Let's go get those weapons and remove them now!", and I mean in the process you're just killing people in the process (including the innocents) and wasting money just to get rid of them. Heck, I seriously doubt that nuclear weapons can be used as a deterrence because there will always be people trying to get rid of them and in doing so, people are going to get killed." I EVEN disapprove the production of it also. It's not to say that I'm against war or anything because war is kinda inevitable but if we look at the possible consequences, it's not worth it.

What's on your mind?
dan564891

Pro

dan564891 forfeited this round.
Kebenzis

Con

Kebenzis forfeited this round.
dan564891

Pro

dan564891 forfeited this round.
dan564891

Pro

dan564891 forfeited this round.
Kebenzis

Con

My opponent has forfeited this debate unsure that he has gone with my side of the argument or his inactivity to this website. Either way, I have won this debate and I thank the opposing side for this debate.
Vote Placed by yoda878 4 years ago
yoda878
dan564891KebenzisTied