JSchin99
CGray

Possessing small, compact firearms on school grounds with a license.

JSchin99

JSchin99

Pro

There are many, many school shootings nowadays and I believe that students attending these schools should have some sort of protection. Sometimes these shootings are carried out by more than one person and students will need more protection than the helpless, defenseless teachers and faculty. A lot of schools are out of the way and far from the nearest police station. For example, my school is a good 20 minutes away from the nearest station. If someone shot up our school, I'd like to know that there were some students certified and licensed to have a firearm on campus to protect fellow peers.

The certification will include a two-week course with local tactical defense specialists (Police). The process will be very thorough and will be tedious, but worth it. The course will be like a CHL Course (Concealed Handgun License) (1). In 31 states, it is legal to carry a concealed handgun on your person. Although, you cannot carry on school grounds. This license will allow students to carry a small HANDGUN on campus, if it is concealed properly. All students in the school (even non-carriers) will have to wear a name badge while on the campus and the licensed kids will have a special "carrier" emblem on the badge. The students will not be allowed to interact with the weapons unless the school goes under actual lock-down. Only then will the students be able to interact with the weapon.
CGray

Con

Ever since prayer was removed from the classroom, violence has skyrocketed. Our school system has been designed by Communists imported from Russia who rejected God and are turning the schools into dictatorships. They are conditioning the children to accept totalitarian government.

The violence in the school is a direct relation to government control and no moral foundation. Also every mass school shooting has been the result of a kid taking psychedelic drugs like Ritalin!

When I was young it was a shock to see a fence go around a public school. When my mother was young the worst offense was cigarettes or a dress code violation.

We keep allowing the left to destroy our culture and our people and they're using the children to do it. At what point do we finally say enough?
JSchin99

Pro

First of all, I said absolutely nothing about any psychedelic drugs like Ritalin. Psychedelic drugs aren't substantially shown to provoke violence.They're used to make you forget about something or calm you. Exactly the opposite of what my opponent has said. For example, psychedelics played no role in the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting.

There will be a drug test provided for the certification of the licensing process. If you don't pass the drug test at the beginning of the inspection process, you won't be able to obtain the license. This process will be extremely thorough to attempt to ensure the safety of the students.
CGray

Con

CGray forfeited this round.
JSchin99

Pro

I have nothing left to provide for this case, as my opponent forfeited the last round, therefore I hope the judges vote is in my favor.
CGray

Con

CGray forfeited this round.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
why small. just concealed.First responders are the intended vistims. That principal at sandy hook if she had a gun instead of a pencil, she very well could have been a hero instead of a martyr.
Posted by alwwa 2 years ago
alwwa
i think thst you all are wrong.
Posted by griffinheart67 2 years ago
griffinheart67
I agree completely.
Vote Placed by TheTom 2 years ago
TheTom
JSchin99CGrayTied
Reasons for voting decision: I honestly didn't think it was possible for pro to win this debate. Giving children handguns, to control gun violence is an absolutely idiotic idea. However, Con's arguments where just so terrible that I had no other choice but to vote pro. I'm convinced that con accidentally clicked on the wrong debate, and started arguing about something completely off topic.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
JSchin99CGrayTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture