Max.Wallace
IcySound

Pot should be legalized, but not taxed, unless you are selling it for profit.

Max.Wallace

Pro

Marijuana is a plant that has evolved itself naturally and can easily be reproduced with just a seed, some dirt, water and manure. Pot is not a right granted by politicians, it is exactly the opposite. Ganja is a plant that the politically correct tyrants, with the full support of both communists and capitalists in politics, have attempted to eradicate, without success as the human will of freedom, trumps all.

Leave the people that grow their own alone.
Stop trying to control everything (commies)
Stop trying to profit off the control of everything,(capitalists)

If you both just ignored this plant, what would happen?

Freedom?

The herb is just a damn plant, remember when they started taxing tea?

Our politicians are all stupid when it comes to assesing human nature, unless it directly benefits themselves.

Bring it.
IcySound

Con

Definitions:

Cannabis(marijuana): "any of the preparations (as marijuana or hashish) or chemicals (as THC) that are derived from the hemp and are psychoactive." [1]

You may start, if you want.
Max.Wallace

Pro

I am sorry you do not understand my debate style, but I already made an argument, and you replied with a definition.
What is your argument?
IcySound

Con

Okay.. I don't know if that was an argument or not, but I guess I will rebut it. I thought first round was acceptance. You didn't make it clear.

Just to clarify, I am for a ban against pot/cannabis/marijuana.

REBUTTALS:

"Ganja is a plant that the politically correct tyrants, with the full support of both communists and capitalists in politics, have attempted to eradicate, without success as the human will of freedom, trumps all."

Yes, they have tried to eradicate it for certain reasons, which will be in my arguments.

"Leave the people that grow their own alone.
Stop trying to control everything (commies)"

Okay, this statement is really flawed. So my opponent states to leave the people that grow their own alone, but their are many ways to live without growing this plant and growing something else, like food. Then my opponent states "Stop trying to control everything" then he states at the end "(commies)." Now, this statement is flawed because communism isn't made to control everything, it is made to give an equal amount of resources to the whole community/country. [1] Basically, communism is set so everything is fair, but it hasn't happened like that in the past due to the lack of resources, and it just can't be done. My opponent then states "Stop trying to profit off the control of everything (capitalists)" Which is technically true, but I am against cannabis legalization, so I can't make a profit off of it... because I can't sell it or it would be illegal. My opponent never said anything about medical cannabis. I would be making no profit off of it at all.

"If you both just ignored this plant, what would happen?"

Well, major health issues would ensue, and the economy would get even worse than if cannabis was banned. Major health such as blood pressure rising uncontrollably, hallucinations, and depression/anxiety. I will explain more in my arguments.

"The herb is just a damn plant, remember when they started taxing tea?"

Yes, but tea doesn't have any health effects...

ARGUMENTS:

Health/Physical Issues of Cannabis:

Such symptoms/side effects of using cannabis are as follow:

-Dizziness
-Red eyes/dilated pupils
-Shallow breathing
-Dry mouth
-Slow reaction time

Now, these symptoms can be fatal. Because of the slow reaction time symptom, cannabis users have a double chance of getting into a car accident if they are driving. [2] Not to mention that cannabis has chemicals inside that can cause cancer. In fact, about 70% of the chemicals are more cancer causing substances than tabacco products, such as cigarettes. Marijuana smokers smoke in three times the amount of tar that regular tabacco products have in them. [3] Marijuana is also found to cause schizophrenia, which is a huge brain disorder that can cause people to think that they are being controlled. Full blown anxiety is also involved with pot using, and it can cause panic attacks. [3]

Economic failures in other countries/Not taxing it:

Since my opponent believes cannabis should not be taxed if legal, I will prove why that is a stupid idea. For the highest quality of weed, it is about $300. [4] Because I live in Pennsylvania, I will tax 6.32% sales tax on it, considering if it was legal. It would come out to $318.69. I'm sure people addicted to it would be willing to pay the tax, and we would make more money. I am not propsing it to be legal, however, just showing that if it was legal, it should be taxed.

Lets take North Korea for an example. Pot is legalized in North Korea, but it has not helped the economy in any way. Sony, the company in the USA, has a larger amount of money than North Korea. That is terrible, because a company has more money than your country itself. [5] The GDP for North Korea is $28 billion. [6] USA's is $17 trillion dollars, and we still have cannabis legalized in some states... so compared to North Korea, a country that has cannabis legalized, is struggling compared to a country with it banned mostly.

Done.
Over to you, Pro.

Cites:

[1]- http://www.businessdictionary.com...

[2]- http://www.webmd.com...

[3]- http://www.webmd.com...

[4]- http://www.hightimes.com...

[5]- http://www.forbes.com...

[6]- https://www.cia.gov...

Max.Wallace

Pro

What I believe your argument states is that you will decide what plants are good and which are evil
Government profits from the evil plants through taxes, because of course, no government agent would be evil, in your pea brain.

My pea brain believes that there is no such thing as an evil plant, only evil people that wish to reap the rewards of legislation.

I am not a control freak, and you?
IcySound

Con

I can't tell if that was an argument or a rebuttal, but he hasn't done anything to rebut my arguments.

CONCLUSION:

My opponent fails to rebut my arguments or post any arguments that I haven't already rebutted. I therefore urge a vote for Con due to the economic failures of legalzing cannabis, and how many health problems are ensued with it. I thank you for reading my arguments unlike my opponent has done.

Vote Con, please.
Posted by IcySound 2 years ago
IcySound
"No arguments"

I made arguments you couldn't refute.

"Unverifiable sources"

Look at my sources... they have everything I put down in there...

I didn't get "knocked out" in the first round, as a matter of fact, you never said whether first round was acceptance or not..
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
The first round is the first round, and I come out swinging. You got knocked out, Con, and by the fracking way voter's with an agenda, I expect to lose, and it bothers me not one bit. Being voted loser by a bunch of idealist, indoctrinated, tyrants is a welcome situation, that no voter or con man could stand. So be it.
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
No argument was made by con, only statements and unverifiable sources.

Vote con if you vote for con men.
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
Lawyers are the only ones that truly profit with these laws.