holla1755
imsmarterthanyou98

Practice, Exercise, and Action Are Not Necessary for Desired Conditions

imsmarterthanyou98 has forfeited round #1.

holla1755

Pro

It seems it's commonly said and believed that practice, exercise, and action are necessary in order to achieve some desired result or condition. By "action," I mean visible, active support such as protest, appeasement, or persuasion. Examples of this supposed common belief are practicing playing a musical instrument, rehearsing for a theatrical play, exercising math problems for school, studying for an exam, practicing for a soccer game, and military exercises.

While some may believe that practice, exercise, and action are helpful to achieving some desired end, I feel it's right to take the opposite stance on the matter, as that position seems to be valid and true and should be accounted for. I can be good at something without practice. I can be successful without previously trying to be successful. I can get what I want without visibly and previously professing my desire for it.

It's possible that I am good at playing a musical instrument, have never previously played it, and have never previously played a similar instrument. It's possible that I am good at performing in a theatrical play, have never rehearsed for it, and do not know the script. It's possible that I am good at math and did not exercise math problems. It's possible that I get a good grade on an exam and did not study for the exam. It's possible that I play well in a soccer game, did not practice playing soccer, and did not practice playing a similar sport. It's possible a military is superior and successful, and engages in neither military drills nor exercises.

There also seems to be a common belief that practice, exercise, and action are necessary to increase the likelihood that some desired result or condition will be achieved. This belief also seems to be false. Practice, exercise, and action could backfire and cause the likelihood of a desired result or condition to decrease. For example, a person wants to be good at reading without practicing much. The more the person practices reading, the less the chances are that he or she will be good at reading without practicing much.

By God or the universe, previous intentional alignments and previous intentional preparation are not required for success. Practice, exercise, and action are always futile in achieving a desired condition because they never guarantee the desired condition.