Prayer is Supernatural

My opponent must show that the prayer of his religion is superior to simple meditation.

For reference, common prayers include prayers for others, for forgiveness.

Religious texts will be considered from a secular viewpoint.

BoP is on Pro in this debate.

I wish to take on your debate, and I hope you accept. Though, it's my first debate.

It says that you want me to prove to you that prayer is superior to meditation. I take this as in any sense of the word superior, meaning psychologically and the like.

To set some definitions in my perspective of the words:
Prayer: An act of communion with God, a god, or another object of worship, such as in devotion, confession, praise, or thanksgiving
Meditation: continued or extended thought; contemplation.

I look forward to this debate, friend. May the best person win.

The Burden of Proof is on my opponent to prove that Prayer is Supernatural. No argument has been presented at this time, so my Round 2 has nothing to refute.

From an unbiased perspective, is no reason to suspect that God answers prayer in today's world. Historical prayers are endless. The contain the problem that they are unreproducible. Did God change? Does God not answer prayer like in the bible? I contend that this is the case.

Christianity is the most popular religion in the world, at 31.5% with Muslims coming in second with 23.2%, both of which pray to the Abrahamic God. However, YHWH and Allah are considered false gods by the opposing religion. This is classical prayer.

The refutation for classical prayer is as follows. Muslims pray to Allah to bring victory to their team. The Christians pray to YHWH to bring victory to the opposing team. The most powerful God wins.

This is a modernization of a technique approved by the Christian Bible.[2]

What if both praying sides are Christian? Does God both win and lose?

Hindus perform what is known as meditation, Transcendental Meditation is an offshoot of Hinduism.

TM is one of the most widely practiced, and among the most widely researched meditation techniques.[3][4][5]

Stanford research: TM twice as effective for stress and anxiety [6]

[3] Murphy, M; Donovan, S; Taylor, E (1997). The Physical and Psychological Effects of Meditation: A review of Contemporary Research with a Comprehensive Bibliography 1931"1996. Sausalito, California: Institute of Noetic Sciences.
[4] Benson, Herbert; Klipper, Miriam Z. (2001). The Relaxation Response. New York, NY: Quill. p. 61. ISBN 978-0-380-81595-1.
[5] Sinatra, Stephen T.; Roberts, James C.; Zucker, Martin (December 20, 2007). Reverse Heart Disease Now: Stop Deadly Cardiovascular Plaque Before It's Too Late. Wiley. p. 192. ISBN 978-0-470-22878-4.

NoIdea forfeited this round.

Vote Con.

I formally apologize for my lack of presenting an argument, but I cannot fulfill giving one at my current status (school work). Therefore, I formally forfeit.
Posted by justin.graves 3 years ago
This seems to be more of a philosophical than a scientific debate...