Steve0Yea
FreeThinker35

Prayer will not change Gods Plan

Steve0Yea

Steve0Yea

Pro

Prayer will not change Gods Plan.

Con is to argue that Prayer will change Gods Plan.

First round acceptance

FreeThinker35

Con

I accept this debate :)

For the resolution to be affirmed Pro must prove the existence of a "god" then he must prove that he holds a "plan" , if he fails to produce any arquments defending either the existence of god or his plan ...the resolution will simply be negated.
Steve0Yea

Pro

Posted to comments 15 hours ago: The resolution obviously was assuming there is a God and he has a Plan... if you do not accept that then I will just give you the win I guess. But the fact that you took this debate against me JUST FOR A WIN is a little disappointing. I wanted to actually debate this, not lose because you want a better percentage.

Unless my opponent accepts that God and his plan were implied I will gladly secede from this debate. I want to actually be able to debate this point without having to argue Gods existence. I was hoping that a Christian would take this debate honestly but because he is atheist I doubt this debate will be any good anyways.

This round (if he accepts) will just be another round of acceptance. No points will be made.

The last two rounds will have to do. No new points will be brought up in my opponents second round because now I cannot respond.
FreeThinker35

Con

FreeThinker35 forfeited this round.
Steve0Yea

Pro

Opponant forfeited this round. I would also like to thank a fellow DDO member (Sorry i cant remember your name at the moment) for pointing this out in the comments section.

Con has effectively forfeited: If god doesn't exist, then prayer won't change his plans. Con was supposed to argue that prayer _will_ change his plans, but he has left himself no way to do that.

I would like to debate this again and since my opponant has forfeited i will not state any arguments, i dont think it is neccesary at this point.
FreeThinker35

Con

FreeThinker35 forfeited this round.
Steve0Yea

Pro

Another forfiet from my opponant, Thanks for taking the time to read/vote on this disappointing debate.
FreeThinker35

Con

FreeThinker35 forfeited this round.
Posted by Steve0Yea 5 years ago
Steve0Yea
Well thats a very good point.
Posted by wiploc 5 years ago
wiploc
Posted by Steve0Yea 5 years ago
Steve0Yea
The resolution obviously was assuming there is a God and he has a Plan... if you do not accept that then i will just give you the win i guess. But the fact that you took this debate against me JUST FOR A WIN is a little disappointing. I wanted to actually debate this, not lose because you want a better percentage.
Posted by wjmelements 5 years ago
wjmelements
Affirmation requires the following assumptions, and if any fall, the resolution is negated:
a) God exists
b) God has a plan
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
Steve0YeaFreeThinker35Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FreeThinker35 forfeited, costing him conduct. However, Steve had a few spelling mistakes, so I'll grant one point of spelling to Con...Sad to see that this debate ended this way. Pro should have requested that whoever took the debate assumed that God existed, so to prevent contention or disagreement. In addition, Con's forfeit does not allow him time to argue...Wiploc is correct since if Con argued that god did not exist, than prayers still don't change his plan (since he is 'nonexistent')...