SgtYount
TUF

Predator would defeat a Terminator

TUF

SgtYount

Pro

The Predator would defeat a terminator in a battle to the death.
TUF

Con

I accept this debate, and wish my opponent good luck in the rounds to come.

I would like to negate the resolution: "Predator would defeat a Terminator", for the following reasons.

=========FRAMEWORK==========
ARGUMENTS:
1. Terminators are stronger than predators.

2. It is easier to kill a predator than a terminator.

3. Predators have alot more weaknesses.

RULES:

As far as the rules for this debate:

1. Both debaters should be kind, and have fun.

2. A forfeit is bad conduct and should result in a loss.

3. No semantics.

========MY CASE=========

C1: Terminators are stronger than predators.

Terminators are stronger because they have alot more things that they can use to their advantage.

http://en.wikipedia.org...;

In order for a Predator to stand a chance in a battle agains it needs weapons. The terminator is it's own weapon.

What happens if a Predator becomes dis-armed? That predator is useless. In hand to hand combat, it won't stand a chance, because the terminator is pure metal.

C2: It is easier to kill a predator than a terminator.

Even if a predator shoots the terminator, the results will be useless. The fact that terminator is pure metal, will results in nothing more than a scratch at best on the terminator. The terminator is not alive, thus he cannot die. If anyone has seen the terminator, they will see how much hell it is to kill one. The only useful asset the predator will have against the terminator, is it's camoflauge. Even it's camoflauge is easy to detect. The terminator is a robot, and will be able to detect movement, so the camoflauge aspect is essentially useless to the predator anyway.

http://rafuron.files.wordpress.com...

C3: Predators have a lot more weaknesses.

The predator is similiar to human beings in that it is mortal. It can die just as easily as a humans can.
If the predator is hit with a bullet, it will be immobilized because he will be injured. If the Terminator is hit with a bullet, he will be unphased, as he is metal and bullet proof. Please see the video

Also when the terminator loses a limb, he can easily recontruct himself.

======CONCLUSION========

I feel I have succefully negated the resolution.

Terminator is much stronger than the predator. Also "In a fight to death" Terminator would win, because he can't die. Robots do not have life, thus they cannot lose it.

Predator has far more weaknesses, and thus would be a lot more susceptible to the attacks of the terminator. I feel I have succesfully proven that the Terminator would destroy the predator in a battle. Thankyou.

SgtYount

Pro

Thank you for accepting my debate. This should be a lot of fun. After reading your very valid points. I would like to counter those points with information as to why all of your information may not be accurate.
So, I will list your arguments and provide information for those arguments which counter, proving the Predator would defeat a Terminator.

Before I start I would like to mention that I am a HUGE fan of Predators and Terminators. I'm just anxious to see which would actually win.

You're Arguments:
1.Terminators are stronger than Predators
2.It is easier to kill a predator than a terminator
3.Predators have a lot not (alot) more weaknesses

Time to counter…

Terminators are stronger than Predators

Terminators are stronger than Predators to a certain extent. As far as throwing bodies across rooms and lifting humans off the ground with one hand both creatures are equal. Brute strength I would have to give to the Terminator. Good point. You mentioned that Terminators have a lot not (alot) more things they can use to their advantage. I'm wondering what those are? You listed none. Your Wikipedia link lists nothing but actors, production, producers, and other films made my common producers. Your link supports none of these "more things" you speak of.

Another valid point you bring up is that the Predator needs weapons. He does, and he uses them well. However, if a Predator were to take out key hydraulics that encompasses the Terminator's exoskeleton the Terminator now has no mobility. If a Terminator has no mobility and no weapons on them a teenager or child with a weapon could now terminate that cybernetic organism.

What happens if a Predator becomes Un-armed? Very good point you bring up and this point is very hard to counter. The Terminator comes at his or hers objective head on. It has one desire and that is to terminate its objective. However, the Predator has greater tactics when it comes to fighting. The Predator uses high ground, low ground, environment, and situational awareness in its tactics. The predator's fighting tactics are heightened by the fact they are bred to hunt and be elite hunters. Terminators are wired to terminate. Looking back on history better tactics will overcome strength and size any day of the week.

It is easier to kill a Predator than a Terminator

You mentioned that if a Predator were to shoot a Terminator that it would leave just a scratch and do no damage what so ever. The weapon of choice for the Predator is his plasma cannon. This weapon shoots heated plasma shrapnel at very high velocities. This means this weapon system would damage the Terminator extensively. Heated plasma can and will burn through metal. If hit in the right spot the Predator's weapon system of choice could and will destroy the power source of the Terminator.
http://avp.wikia.com...
The Predator also has his net weapon that tightens and burns through pure medal, plastic, human flesh, and any other substance put in the way. If the Predator uses this weapon against the Terminator it will burn through the Terminators exoskeleton leaving the terminator in pieces.

This also brings me to my next point of the Terminator CAN die. You stated the Terminator is a robot and cannot die. I beg to differ. The terminator is no different than your cell phone. If your battery dies can your cell phone operate? No it cannot. If your cell phones battery is damaged beyond repair and does not sustain power, will your cell phone work? No it will not. The terminator can die.

Predators have a lot not (alot) more weaknesses

Again sir, you are throwing some very good points my direction. The Predator does have more weaknesses than the Terminator does. The Predators body is more fragile than the Terminators and those different weaknesses for the Predator make him vulnerable. You exploit those weaknesses and the Predator's fight, tactics, and defense will slow down. However, the Terminator has two weaknesses. Hydraulics and power supply. You hinder or destroy any of those two weaknesses and the Terminator will lose any battle. If we put weakness against weakness we are looking at the Predator who has more weaknesses and numerous weaknesses can be exploited and he will still be able to fight. Verses the Terminator having two weaknesses, if in fact just one of those two weaknesses is exploited the terminator is now defenseless and will lose a battle no matter who the enemy is.

In conclusion, after many great points were brought to my attention I feel I have countered those points with more information to show the Predator being victorious. As opposed to the minimal information that was repeated over and over again stating how the Terminator would win a battle against a Predator. My opposition stated "In a fight to the death" the Terminator would win because it can't die. I have proven that a Terminator isn't alive in the first place. A Terminator can't die but most definitely be terminated and fall.

Happy Hunting
TUF

Con

=====REBUTTALS=====

Terminators are stronger

" Terminators are stronger than Predators to a certain extent. As far as throwing bodies across rooms and lifting humans off the ground with one hand both creatures are equal. Brute strength I would have to give to the Terminator. Good point. You mentioned that Terminators have a lot not (alot) more things they can use to their advantage. I'm wondering what those are? You listed none. Your Wikipedia link lists nothing but actors, production, producers, and other films made my common producers. Your link supports none of these "more things" you speak of."

What benefits does a terminater have that supercede the predator you ask? Well a great many actually. Given that you agree to the fact that Terminators have more brute strength than predators, the only other ability that a predator could use would be it's camoflauge, which would fool any human, but not a robot. Robots could easily detect the movement of the predator, thus destroying it instantly. Another ability that the terminator contains, as stated previously, is it's bulletproof ability. A terminator cannot be injured, thus he cannot be impaired as easily as a predator can with it's passive ability.

"However, the Predator has greater tactics when it comes to fighting. The Predator uses high ground, low ground, environment, and situational awareness in its tactics. The predator's fighting tactics are heightened by the fact they are bred to hunt and be elite hunters. Terminators are wired to terminate. Looking back on history better tactics will overcome strength and size any day of the week."

While you do have a very good point here, it still would result in a terminator win. First off, without weapons, tactics considering the predator being above ground and in forrest areas would be irrelevant. The terminator is programmed specifically to make all of the best moves according to it's database and knowledge of battle. Thus we can assume that the predator would be forced to fight the terminators battle on the ground, as being weaponless, he would have no use being above ground.

It Is easier to kill a predator than a Terminator

"You mentioned that if a Predator were to shoot a Terminator that it would leave just a scratch and do no damage what so ever. The weapon of choice for the Predator is his plasma cannon. This weapon shoots heated plasma shrapnel at very high velocities. This means this weapon system would damage the Terminator extensively. Heated plasma can and will burn through metal. If hit in the right spot the Predator's weapon system of choice could and will destroy the power source of the Terminator. "

You make a good point with this argument. But let's look at the different types of Terminator's there are. The resolution doesn't define the terminator to being any specific kind. So we can assume that the Terminator from Terminator 2 is the opponent. This terminator is immune to any kind of damage, can form to literally any shape he wishes. No kind of explosion can deter or harm him. He can also change himself into literally any illusion he wishes. No matter what kind of plasma gun the predator has, he cannot harm this Terminator. Please see video below to see displays of terminator 2 shapeshifting, and taking bullets, just to reform back into shape.

http://www.imdb.com...

http://www.goodreads.com...;

Predators have more weaknesses

"Again sir, you are throwing some very good points my direction. The Predator does have more weaknesses than the Terminator does. The Predators body is more fragile than the Terminators and those different weaknesses for the Predator make him vulnerable. You exploit those weaknesses and the Predator's fight, tactics, and defense will slow down. However, the Terminator has two weaknesses. Hydraulics and power supply. You hinder or destroy any of those two weaknesses and the Terminator will lose any battle. If we put weakness against weakness we are looking at the Predator who has more weaknesses and numerous weaknesses can be exploited and he will still be able to fight. Verses the Terminator having two weaknesses, if in fact just one of those two weaknesses is exploited the terminator is now defenseless and will lose a battle no matter who the enemy is."

So given that you agree that the predators weaknesses are a lot more exploited, how would you determine a way for the predator to succesfully stop a Terminator? Also the movies never hint to the terminators needing a power supply in order to maintain energy, they seem to have an infinite source. As far as hydrolics, It's would be darn tough for a predator to get into a Terminator like this. Especially when the predator is so susecptible to injury.

=====CONCLUSION======

I believe I have succesfully proven that the terminator would destroy the predator in a battle for all of the arguments listed above, (some that even my opponent agree to).
Also my opponent lacks arguments of his own and only focuses on the arguments I made. Given that the pro holds burden of proof, and has no case of his own, we must look to my case when evaluating the round.

I look forward to the remainder of this debate :)

Good luck.
SgtYount

Pro

Man oh man here we go. First off let me just say a buddy of mines found this program on the Internet on Thursday. I thought it looked like a lot of fun so I created an account and started roaming through the site. Then figured hey, why not have some fun. So I created this Predator would beat a Terminator debacle. As you can see from above my first argument is one sentence. Not too sure how this worked when I started. Then my opponent Mr. "TUF" writes me a lovely novel. And here we are. While reading his novel I notice a lot of things. Then after reading his second novel I notice a few more things. So lets jump right into it shall we? First thing is first. I am going to tell you what I'm going to tell you. Then, I'm going to tell you. Finally, I'm going to tell you what I told you. After I'm finished the world will see a few things about my opponent's arguments. Also, a few things about myself when it comes to debating.
Here's what I'm going to tell you:
-How my opponent is desperately reaching to win this debate now at the end of Round 2
-I'll explain how a fight between a Predator and a Terminator would happen.
-How my opponent thinks he has already won with this "Burden of proof"
-How myself (a grunt in the USAF) is more knowledgeable on this debate than my opponent (19 year old in community college).
Let's get started…
I must start by saying I will try not to talk about his previous arguments because; I don't think he likes it when my information shows his up. Plus he is very repetitive. A Terminator is a robot boo boo boo, if the Predator didn't have weapons blah blah blah… lets try something different.
I told you my opponent is reaching for information to be victorious. He threw good points out and I trumped them with more information and he comes back with saying the same thing. But he did add something new this time and I quote," But let's look at the different types of Terminator's there are. The resolution doesn't define the terminator to being any specific kind" that is a very educated way of saying ah crap im in trouble so what about the Terminator in Terminator 2. If you look at his statement he explains what the Terminator from that film is capable of. But, let me help you out TUF. Your referring to the T1000 made of polymolyalloy as quoted in the film. "Liquid metal". Write that down so you can attempt to use proper terms during your next rebuttal. Now, for all the people viewing and commenting be prepared for Mr. TUF to mention the Terminators that fly, or the autobot looking one from Terminator salvation because hes in trouble and he has to find a way to win. He may bring up the river snake Terminator from Terminator Salvation too. But he wouldn't know the name and it wouldn't be smart considering humans kill and capture those. If he wants to talk Terminator 2 maybe he should realize the Terminator played by Arnold explained that John Connor captured him and reprogrammed him to be his protector in the future. So humans can capture a Terminator who's mission is to terminate all human life, But, a Predator who is far more superior to human can beat a terminator in a fight? Hmmmm… I don't know about that one bud.
I said I'd explain how a fight between a Predator and a Terminator would happen. Because my opponent keeps talking but, but, but, what if the predator is dis-armed boo boo boo. Take away his weapons then what boo doo boo. It's getting old. We know how this will happen. A terminator's first objective is collecting proper resources. Such as, Intel, weaponry, proper disguise. Then, the terminator starts movement towards his primary objective and doesn't stop unless terminated, but I keep forgetting my opponent says they cant die at all so, I have no clue why I keep saying that. In all films, or whichever one Mr. TUF would like to choose terminator fall in every movie. Mostly through modern weaponry like an M4 or 50 cal. I can school you on those weapon systems if you would like. However, that will be another time. Now back to my point. Sorry for rambling about my opponents false information. Now, the Predator. Has all his weaponry and equipment before hitting Earth. Given that the Predator is a hunter he stalks his prey. The Predator would be able to stalk the Terminator for days if he wanted too. Humans and children can hide and maneuver around terminators but and Elite being like the Predator wouldn't? That right I'm sorry my opponent says terminators are robots they are perfect. I'm sorry. Once the predator stalks to the point where the first contact would happen he strikes. And yes, the Predator would make first contact. The Predator would try to make a strike with his blades while camouflaged. That strike would do nothing but alert the terminator and cause him to shoot. The predator would get hit maybe once before escaping to cover . Predator the movie a Predator was 25 ft infront of "mac" and he pumped a whole bandoleer of 7.62 ammo down range, followed by a - just to be teamed up with an M203, M16 with aftermarket shotgun , grenade launcher and 2 MP5's. Again if you need help understanding these weapons I'll hook you up later. With all that firepower then mowed down the entire jungle and with the Predators tactics and speed. He caught a round just above his kneecap. Now back to the story! The terminator would probably get a round into the Predator somewhere. Now this is where the story ends. The Predator will continue to stalk until given an opportunity to hit the terminator in its power source and terminate the terminator. Or, the Predator will use his net to encompass the terminator and burn and cut him to pieces. The Predator will not fight hand to hand with a terminator, especially after scanning him to find weaknesses and realizing he is metal and will be a harder mach than a human. This battle could happen other ways of course. I also know how you will respond to this so I will do it for you The terminator is a robot he cant die, take away weapons boo fricky hoo. That's not how a fight would incur.
I also said I would talk about how my opponent thinks he has already won with this "Burden of proof" obviously, proof is important when it comes to debates. If you have no proof you can just blow smoke up peoples butts and they might believe you. Like what my opponent is doing. I have given proof, specific details, and real names and titles. My opponent however, the terminator is a robot, he cant die, he's perfect, a nuke couldn't kill him, and he wears the most awesome clothes, blah blah blah… I mentioned this once but ill correct you again. The terminator is a CYBERNETIC ORGANISM. The terminator is not a robot. He evolves and learns to become a better killer. He learns to try and understand his enemy. Robots are hunks of metal programmed to go pick up that piece of trash. Once that trash is picked up that robot has to be programmed for another task. Look kid using a cute college outline and educated words wont always work. But, luckily for you people may buy in to the whole you know what your talking about. Even though I am correcting your arguments for you. You say you have given the proper information… your saying the right things but, you have no damn clue what you're talking about. All in all I don't think that will matter, you spend your life on this site and judging by your 97 percentile (which I give mad props too!) it looks as if most people fall for your presentation and not your information. Plus, I don't have friends stacked up on here to vote for me but that's nor here or there.
Lastly I stated how myself (a grunt in the USAF) is more knowledgeable on this debate than my opponent (19 year old in community college).
My opponent: Terminators are robots,Terminators have infinite power supply, A Predator gun wouldn't scratch a terminator, Take away the Predators weapons then what?
I could go on…
Myself: Terminators are CYBERNETIC ORGANISMS!!!!! (write that down kid)., Terminators have a main and alternate power supply. This is stated in Terminator 2, 3, and Salvation. Maybe you should actually watch the movies.( common really?), A Predator carry's a cannon not a gun, this is a plasma weapon which would burn through metal easily (case closed on that one), Take away the Predators weapons and what does that do? That gives you just the slightest chance of hanging on to possibly win this debate. Since this and the "robots" comment is a reoccurring theme in every one of your points. Lastly, have you even seen Terminator? Or Predator?
Now I told you so its time to tell you what I told you:
Here's what I'm going to tell you:
This is where I would close and try to reach out to my audience for their support. But, there is no need. Everything I have stated about kills all your points that you have brought up on two different occasions. Yet, I'm repetitive? I give no information? As apposed to what the information you keep giving…
Robots rule
Take away the Predators weapons
That's the only theme I see in your argument
D
U
N
Done Son
TUF

Con

Oh this I can already tell this is going to be a blast. Also I would like to start about by thanking my opponent for handing me over a free conduct point after that last round. This is going to be a lot more fun than I had originally thought it would be haha.

=====FRAMEWORK FOR THIS ROUND=====

First I will go over my opponent's "arguments".

Next I will Offer Voters for the debate.

Finally I will wrap everything up, nice and cozy for you, the voters, to decide upon.

Without further ado, let us begin.

======CLAIMS ON MY CHARACTER/INSULTS======

So here we are having what at first, seems to be a fun civilized debate. Then all of a sudden, BOOM, round 3 happens, and my opponent transforms from Jackyll to Mr. Hyde.
Let's look at a few things here. I create an elaborate yet polite argument in both my opening speech, and then in my round 2. During the middle of this debate, I engage in a debate between a different debater in the comment sections, by the name of John_Otterpelt. Well as it turns out, our discussion has seemed to get a little heated and personal. Lone behold, my opponent, supposedly a totally different person, throws all kindness from the previous round out the door, and simply throws a slaughterboard of insults my way in R3. Upon further investigation, you will find that user SgtYount, http://www.debate.org... user John_Otterpelt, http://www.debate.org..., have conviently joined this debate site at the exact date, within about an hour of each other. Also let us note that they happen to be friends with each other, and each other only. JohnOtterpelt, has been on this site, and has netiher posted in the forums, voted on any debates, nor participate in commenting of other debates. It appears he has joined the site for the pure entertainment of berating me in the comment section of this debate.
So then we find a lot of consistincies between the debate between me and SgtYount, and the argument I am currently having with John_Otterpely.
Point is this is obvious a multi-account. In the unlikely off chance that this is not an alternative account, this is biased buddying up with a friend on an issue.

So let's go on to list the massive attack of insults on my character that my opponent had no problem in pointing out several times through out the debate.

CLAIMS

1. My opponent says I am desperate for a win.

Oh really? I have debated you to the best of my ability. Of course I want to win. But desperate? You wish.

2. My opponent says I am under qualified an unknowledgeable about this debate strictly because I am in college, and he is in the air force.

I fail to see how me being a 19 year old college student makes me any less qualified to debate this topic then you a valued and hopefullt respected member of the United States air force. However, I hope you realize that by insulting someone in a public debate, will not earn you any points as far as respect, and integrity go.

3. My opponent responds to my arguments by replacing them with "boo boo boo's and blah blah blah's".

How old do you claim to be? And again you are over qualified on this subject how?

4. My opponent specifically state that I have no damn clue what I am talking about. He also claims that the only reason I have won the debates that I have because apparently I have mad friends stacked up, and spend my entire life on this site...

I am debating on whether I even need to comment on this Ad-hominem attack. All of my opponents claims against my character are simply un-founded.

5. There is a list of other claims my opponent makes. But I think you all get the point. If you don't buy my legitimate arguments, at the very least, this should result in a conduct point.

So, my very heated opponents, I would like to propose that you keep your many Ad-hom attacks and character references out of this debate. Feel free to PM and continue to insult me. Feel free to challenge me to a rap battle, where you can write insulting rhymes. Feel free to argue my character in the forums. But a debate, is obviously not the place for it.

=====REBUTTALS=====

"Now, for all the people viewing and commenting be prepared for Mr. TUF to mention the Terminators that fly, or the autobot looking one from Terminator salvation because hes in trouble and he has to find a way to win. He may bring up the river snake Terminator from Terminator Salvation too. "

Now well I get while you are attempting at being funny and sarastic, I technically could use any of those terminaters. You specifically state "terminator" in the resolution, not offering any phrase limiting this to the original terminater displayed by Arnold Swartzenegger. However, if your predator is so scary, this argument is no way should scare you off. I am sure you can pull something out to refute this with your big bad and scary predator. Until then, I await.

"So humans can capture a Terminator who's mission is to terminate all human life, But, a Predator who is far more superior to human can beat a terminator in a fight? Hmmmm… I don't know about that one bud."

Haha, okay let's look at the fallacy in your argument. You specifically said that the terminator was captured and reprogrammed. So you admit that the terminator was not defeated. Where as every single main predator will always inevitably die in each movie that they are displayed in. Obviously, this is proof that the terminator is a lot harder to destroy than a predator.

"In all films, or whichever one Mr. TUF would like to choose terminator fall in every movie. Mostly through modern weaponry like an M4 or 50 cal"

Are you trying to tell me that the predator doesn't die in every movie? This information is false. The predator is succesfully defeated in every movie he is displayed in. Even in Aliens Vs Predators. Where as there is always surviving terminators (The good terminators in 2 and 3). There are a lot more surviving machines then there are of this limited race.

"Has all his weaponry and equipment before hitting Earth. Given that the Predator is a hunter he stalks his prey. The Predator would be able to stalk the Terminator for days if he wanted too. Humans and children can hide and maneuver around terminators but and Elite being like the Predator wouldn't?"

I hardly see how a creepish alien stalking a robot would be such a spectacular arguments. The terminator has no need to play those games. He will wait for the predator to attack and destroy him on sight with sufficient and highly tecnologically developped programming. The predator then, does not have a chance.

"Predator the movie a Predator was 25 ft infront of "mac" and he pumped a whole bandoleer of 7.62 ammo down range, followed by a - just to be teamed up with an M203, M16 with aftermarket shotgun , grenade launcher and 2 MP5's. Again if you need help understanding these weapons I'll hook you up later. With all that firepower then mowed down the entire jungle and with the Predators tactics and speed."

First off this scenario implies that they would be fighting in a jungle. What business would a terminator have in a jungle rather than in a city? Even the predator takes it's fight to the city in predator 2. Even then your argument is useless, because you forget the predator is not fighting humans here, but rather high effiency robots.

"Or, the Predator will use his net to encompass the terminator and burn and cut him to pieces."

In order to do this, the predator must make an attempt at getting close enough to even do this. Which would be near impossible. Also the Terminator from Terminator 2, could dissolve right through this burning net anyhow.

=====VOTERS=====

Dear audience when viewinf this debate, please do not fail to notice the lack of BOP, conduct, and structural organization throughout this debate. I have been nothing but kind to my opponent, yet for some reason he feels the need to take this personally.
Please vote CON.
Thankyou.
SgtYount

Pro

Yaaaaaay last round… here we go.

After a very fun debate we are at the closing round. I think that's what it is called. I'm no debater so Mr. TUF will probably correct me. But, first thing is first.
To my opponent, my military career field is very vulgar, rude, and from time to time taps into the "eat your own" mentality. However, it is a great career field and I won't want to work for any other career field in the USAF. I am definitely a product of my environment, if you get my meaning. It is very hard for me not to curse or talk trash because, that's how my world operates everyday of the week.

So listen up kiddo. The debate or argument you are having with a co worker of mine has nothing to do with our debate. Thinking we are the same person, I could see how that could come across your mine. But, you couldn't be farther from the truth and this shows your effort to reach for leverage. You have called me out numerous times for saying the same things during this debate, yet you do the same thing. Sounds hypocritical to me. So, I decided to bring it up a notch by adding some humor and sarcasm with my round 3 debate. If you think that was me targeting you, being disrespectful, Multi account to target you, or whatever. Ha, a couple things. This tells me I have gotten under your skin, isn't this part of debate to a certain extent. Trying to discredit your opponent through counter information? If not, ok I'm no pro. Also, trying to say I have multi accounts to target you. Lol are you kidding me junior? My whole plan in life is to create an account, start a debate hoping you will join so I can try to destroy you. Wow, you wouldn't be saying these things if someone else took my debate before you because… you're rattled. Lastly, If you thought my last argument was targeting you and disrespectful or whatever you said about it, you have no clue what disrespectful is. That was nothing. Me trying to have fun and take this debate to another level, which I'm sure has won plenty of debates in the past.

I will say this; I hope my opponent's feelings are ok. Considering, I searched the internet for my opponent, created an account just to hope he would accept my debate, and then create another account to talk trash and "target" him? How old are we? Oh yea teenager. So, sweetie I'm deeply sorry from the bottom of my heart.

This final round I am just going to throw out a few closing statements and give the audience some visual aids to enjoy and have fun with. From there we'll hear from my opponent who will still ramble about how I am targeting him with my duel account in a doomsday plot to destroy just him. I have not made this debate personal in the least. I think it may be the other way around. But, that's neither here nor there.

Having went through this debate I have learned one, how some of these debates work. Looking over other debates I see how some people like to have fun with them. I also see how some people think its life or death. When it comes to this debate, my cherry popping debate (very first debate). It was very unexpected what I would come across. Now that I have been enlightened a bit I see these can be pretty tough things to do. When it comes to the Predator defeating a Terminator in a battle, given all information I and my opponent have listed above I honestly feel it would be a pretty even battle. However, there must be a victor. I give that edge to my favorite Science Fiction character, The Predator. Even though, my second favorite Science Fiction character The Terminator I honestly feel would fall just a tad short of being victorious. At the same time I can see how if this battle took place 100 times, the outcome may be 45/55. It's a close call and a tough pill to swallow. As I stated before, with the information, weaponry, tactics I feel the Predator would in fact defeat the Terminator. Thank you for your time reading these short novels my opponent and I have posted. Enjoy the visual aids.
Thank You
TUF

Con

Dear audience, I will be going over the reasons on why I feel you should vote for me in this debate.

======VOTERS=======

1st:
My opponent has dropped literally every single point in this last round. Given that my opponent makes no more arguments against the rebuttals I have given him, we must assume that he concedes to my points, and extend everything else through the final round.

2nd: My opponent has displayed poor conduct, and sportmanship throughout this debate.

During round two, my opponent made good rebuttals, and made great arguments. Then in round 3 Turned into the incredible hulk, and totally threw conduct to the wall. My opponent has made several claims on my character after a recent argument with his other account (or his friend as he likes to say, Who has only commented on this debate, please note.)

My opponent during round 2, rather than providing evidence as to why my points are invalid, attempts to manipulate the audience by saying that I am under-qualified to make arguments in this debate due to me being in college and him being in the Air Force. Not only is this insulting, and makes no sense, but it is also completely irrelevant to the fact that the predator would lose in a battle against the terminator.

3rd: As my opponent has started this debate, he requires the BOP. (Burden of proof). My opponent lacks this throughout the enitre debate, and even forgets to make his own case. Literally the only thing we can go off in this debate, is the case I have made against him, and the few rebuttals he makes against it (all which were dropped in his last round anyway).

====RE-CAP=====

So quickly, I will go over with you why I believe I have won this debate, and recap with you all of my arguments.

C1: Predators are stronger than terminators.

I have proved in this point that a predator literally stands no chance, as they lack the physical drive, and capabilities that Terminators do.
Terminators cannot get injured. If a terminator loses a part, the rest of it will keep on going. Also, the Terminator from T2, was practically invisible.

The predator, if it is hit it lose blood, and can be slowed. A terminator will not be slowed from injury. A terminator is a robot, thus can detect movement, which really is the only the the predator has going for it on it's side.

This contention should be carried across, as it was dropped in R3 and R4.

Predators are vulnerable and weak, like humans. Camoflauge is their only defence. Terminator can easily dominate Predators, as the terminator is practically bullet proof.

My opponent drops this contention in R3 and R4. This it should be extended.

Predators are mortal and alive beings, while terminators, are not alive, thus pain cannot effect them. Pain is the biggest weakness, something that the predator has. If injured, the predator will be slowed, and vulnerable. When a terminator is impaired, he can keep coming right on after you.
The terminator is a much bigger threat because of this.

=====CONCLUSION======

Dear voters, I feel you should vote for me because I have succesfully proved that the Terminator would dominate the predator in battle. My opponent has nothing in his arsenal besides insults, and videos, that in no way prove that the terminator would lose in battle. I have shown great conduct, sources, and BOP of proof in this debate, while my opponent has not.

My opponent has been reluctant to provide his own case, thus when evaluating the round, you must look to the terminator being the victor.

With that said, thanks for reading this debate, and Vote CON.

Thankyou.
Posted by kiwipop 4 years ago
kiwipop
that would be interesting to watch
Posted by nonentity 4 years ago
nonentity
Omg I couldn't finish reading Pro's third round, I was laughing too hard!
Posted by Maikuru 4 years ago
Maikuru
Interesting topic, though it initially seems heavily in the predator's favor. In every predator movie, they take out a dozen or so armed enemies. Compare this to T-1000 and T-X, who both failed to kill a teenager a few feet away from them haha.
Posted by John_Otterpelt 4 years ago
John_Otterpelt
In the same comment... "I liked this debate based on my own opinion on the matter, so I may be biased. If you are king debater like how you try to present yourself, you can seat that bias."

Like I said, if you made a good enough argument, I will vote towards you, but you only see what you want to make anyone feel sorry for you. Yes, I have only posted on this debate so far. Not substantial evidence that I only came to attack you. I am having a bit of a laugh at you thinking I'm the same person as Pro. I didn't mean to mess your head up like that. I only said a few things about how things seemed to me. I never claimed them to be fact. You got your feelings hurt, and that's ok, but try going at it differently next time. I understand you have only been out of your parents direct supervision for a maximum of 2 years, so once again, I'll just attribute your behavior to that. Good luck in the real world.
Posted by TUF 4 years ago
TUF
"I liked this debate based on my own opinion on the matter, so I may be biased."

Oh and I am sure you didn't start this debate. ;0 I know that you are more than likely going to be the first person to votebomb it. Notice how the Pro instantly turns around and transforms from the polite debater, to the incredibile hulk convienently after our little discussion here in the comments section? Even if you guys aren't the same person, you obviously know each other outside of this site. This is literally the only debate you have commented on since being on this site. So you literally just have come to this site to flame war with me here in the comments section. No one will buy that your not a multi-account. And you have given me a free conduct point from that last round, so thankyou.
Posted by John_Otterpelt 4 years ago
John_Otterpelt
Interesting. You are young, ignorant, and paraniod. I did not start this debate, but if you want to believe that, go ahead. It's pretty sad. Point out where I said I was completely biased, and wouldn't allow the opportunity for my opinions to change through the debate.
Posted by TUF 4 years ago
TUF
"I could be a CON, as in against an argument, but still begin (instigate) the debate."

Yes you could, but this is clearly not the case in this debate. You have instigated this debate (I am just going to call it what it is since this is a multi-account), and have made a claim. When making a claim it is your job to substantiate that with logic and reasoning with support of evidence through reasoning. You have not done this. You did not start this debate as the con either. Thus you have every reason to provide a case. BOP is very important, ask any debater on this site.

"Also, check out evidential burden, or burden of leading evidence. In which, once substantial evidence is presented for one side, the burden shifts to the other party to refute that evidence. But you will most likely not, and just say I am wrong. I am basing that claim on your behavior so far."

This whole entire argument is irrelevant to the BOP argument. Prove to me where I have not argued every point that is brought against me. You will not find it. And the fact remains, instigators require BOP.

"Referring to the fact that you don't even know me, yet you are making claims that I am a certain character type. In which case I would have to ask, where is the evidence there? Would BoP rest only on you now, since you are the instigator? That is what you were claiming before."

Well the thing is I have. Re read my post previous post before your little rant, and you will find enough proof that you are an ignorant and biased individual, and have admitted to it. I have you, yourself to use as evidence against you, as you have personally admitted to being biased. I have stated before that Biased individuals have no place commenting on something if they are not prepared to accept a conflicting argument or rebuttal. But again I am not going to pretend like you are not Sgtyount.

Nice try. I can tell your trying your hardest to protect whatever dignity you thought you may have had.
Posted by John_Otterpelt 4 years ago
John_Otterpelt
It is clear that you can read, so it must be comprehension that you lack. I'll chalk it u to you being so young, that you feel the need to prove your point, despite understanding what is going on here. I could be a CON, as in against an argument, but still begin (instigate) the debate.

Also, check out evidential burden, or burden of leading evidence. In which, once substantial evidence is presented for one side, the burden shifts to the other party to refute that evidence. But you will most likely not, and just say I am wrong. I am basing that claim on your behavior so far.

At this point, I will again tell you that you are grasping at straws. Only this time it is in regards to your comments. Referring to the fact that you don't even know me, yet you are making claims that I am a certain character type. In which case I would have to ask, where is the evidence there? Would BoP rest only on you now, since you are the instigator? That is what you were claiming before.
Posted by TUF 4 years ago
TUF
It's okay to be biased, as long as you are not voting on others debates from you bias. You need to be able to make a claim and then substantiate it, with a useful argument.
You specifically said said that Pro did not need the burden of proof. Any debater who creates a topic in some level needs to prevent a case to show why they believe their claim is true. The fact that you say that one is not needed, clearly shows your lack of knowledge on how debate works. Next you say I am grasping at straws? I clearly have done my burden as con and beyond. Con technically does not even need to provide a case, as all they really need to do is refute opponents arguments. I have made my own case, and defended. So for you to make an outlandish and ridiculous comment like the one you did, clearly shows you are biased without good reason. People like you vote for presidents because they think he looks or sounds better, without knowing the actual thing they are advocating.

So again it's okay to be biased, but if your that biased, then it's not your place to be voting and commenting on debates, when you have no clue how the system even works. Because you simply do not give a crap how something is debated, but more so if what that person believes is similar to what you believe.

So don't talk to me about "pulling at straws" when I have clearly and succesfully fulfilled my burden throughout the debate, and done even more.

Arguments to your beliefs on the predator, I have provided in the debate. I am not going to bother making new ones because you are clearly the type of person, who will just say "Nope. Predator is still better! NANANANANANANANA."
Posted by John_Otterpelt 4 years ago
John_Otterpelt
I don't think it's your place to tell me where I should be on my computer. You ruin the image of debate by acting like a child. Depending on the subject, everyone may have some level of bias, based on their own beliefs, values, or experiences. To strengthen this point, what are the first two criteria to vote on? Who you believed before and AFTER the debate. If your case is strong enough, I will be swayed to your side.

The reason I have sided with the Predator is based sole on the fact that he is a hunter. He traps. He does not need to go head on when he (or she, and if it is, god help the Terminator) finds his target. The Terminator, is a one focus type of machine. If you observe the end to the first film, he was led to his demise by a pregnant woman with terrible hair. All because he continued t pursue.
Vote Placed by Doulos1202 4 years ago
Doulos1202
SgtYountTUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con is the only one who actually argued.
Vote Placed by thett3 4 years ago
thett3
SgtYountTUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro dropped virtually everything, so there's no way to vote other than Con. I did however give him conduct because his insults made me laugh (sorry TUF)
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 4 years ago
1dustpelt
SgtYountTUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: Dropped all arguments and was engadged with insults.