Peter_10
rainya1

Predeterminism

Peter_10 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Peter_10

Pro

Round 1: Acceptance only
Round 2: Arguments (no rebuttals)
Round 3: Counterarguments/rebuttals and concluding sentence (no new arguments)

Predeterminism is the idea that all events are determined in advance. Predeterminism is the philosophy that all events of history, past, present and future, have been already decided or are already known (by God, fate, or some other force), including human actions. (https://en.wikipedia.org...)

I believe that everything is predetermined.
rainya1

Con

Free will is the idea that we have the ability to chose, or decide, when presented with options. Let's say someone offered you a salad and a pizza, and you chose the pizza. Your brain has made a conscious decision to eat the pizza, meaning you could have chosen a salad. (https://plato.stanford.edu...)

I will be arguing for free will, although I am a skeptic.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
I can not know..I never could play the dice.....Knowing the outcom would be a "3"... Not knowing would be a "3"..Throwing it would be a "3".
Posted by Furyan5 1 year ago
Furyan5
I mean, once it leaves your hand the number which will eventually be facing up is already fixed before the dice stops moving.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Yes right now the number is "3". It could be nothing else. It was already determined.. In "time infinity ...---" it could be "2" or "6" because it could be nothing else. Well it could be a "5" if it had not been a "3" right now.
Posted by Furyan5 1 year ago
Furyan5
Once thrown you can't turn the dice. The number facing up is already determined.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
How would you turn the dice ?
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
No.
Posted by TheBenC 1 year ago
TheBenC
Since time/space/event 0...+

Ha! Didn't you mean "to infinity and beyond = now"?
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
But i would not say: " decided or are already known"..Nothing was decided and nothing can be known. That is why it is called predeterminism.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Since time/space/event 0...+
Posted by Furyan5 1 year ago
Furyan5
How far in advance?