Briannj17
SachinG99

Premarital Sex

Briannj17

Briannj17

Con

Pro has to prove why premarital sex is right while I prove the opposite.
Definitions.
Premarital: occurring or existing before marriage
https://www.google.ca......

Sex: (chiefly with reference to people) sexual activity, including specifically sexual intercourse.
https://www.google.ca......

Round Structure:

R1 Make your arguments.
R2 Arguments/Rebuttals
R3 Closing Remarks. You can address previous arguments, but don't offer new ones.
SachinG99

Pro

Society (or religion) tells us that sex is dirty and filthy, and women who have it are sinners. Then, on that magical day during their adulthood, those formerly dirty women get married and the sex act, a thing they've been doing in a dirty way for years, suddenly transforms into an amazing and blessed experience. Sex, you see, is a very bad, dirty thing that you should only do with someone you love very, very much.

This is nonsense. Sex is a natural occurrence, by which we and the animals around us have reproduced since the dawn of time! We are human, we have urges, we have needs. And it is most certainly OK to act upon them! It is natural and normal for most mature human animals to want and to pursue sex, and our bodies reward us when we do " we get some exercise, endorphins, orgasms. Imagine what all that would feel like if we didn't also attach unnecessary guilty baggage to it.

A wedding isn't a magic spell that transforms sex from something that is "bad" to something that can't ever be bad.

Especially if you've lived your life up to your wedding believing that you had a sin-hole between your legs.

Sex is good whether you're married or not, and certainly folks who wait until marriage can have a lot of sex once they tie the knot. But waiting until marriage often means both early marriage and conservative views on marriage and gender " and people who marry early and/or hold traditional views on marriage and gender tend to have higher divorce rates and unhappier marriages.

Antiquated views that lead people to believe that there is such a thing as sexual "purity" can also lead to a messed up post marital relationship with sex.

Here is just one of many kids, indoctrinated by religion, who made an abstinence pledge as a child. http://www.alternet.org... .

"At the age of 10, I took a pledge at my church alongside a group of other girls to remain a virgin until marriage. The church taught me that sex was for married people. Extramarital sex was sinful and dirty and I would go to Hell if I did it. I learned that as a girl, I had a responsibility to my future husband to remain pure for him. It was entirely possible that my future husband wouldn't remain pure for me, because he didn't have that same responsibility, according to the Bible. And of course, because I was a Christian, I would forgive him for his past transgressions and fully give myself to him, body and soul.

Once I got married, it would be my duty to fulfill my husband's sexual needs. I was told over and over again, so many times I lost count, that if I remained pure, my marriage would be blessed by God and if I didn't that it would fall apart and end in tragic divorce. I lost my virginity on my wedding night, with my husband, just as I had promised that day when I was 10 years old. I stood in the hotel bathroom beforehand, wearing my white lingerie, thinking, "I made it. I'm a good Christian." There was no chorus of angels, no shining light from Heaven. It was just me and my husband in a dark room, fumbling with a condom and a bottle of lube for the first time.

Sex hurt. I knew it would. Everyone told me it would be uncomfortable the first time. What they didn't tell me is that I would be back in the bathroom afterward, crying quietly for reasons I didn't yet comprehend. They didn't tell me that I'd be on my honeymoon, crying again, because sex felt dirty and wrong and sinful even though I was married and it was supposed to be okay now.

When we got home, I couldn't look anyone in the eye. Everyone knew my virginity was gone. My parents, my church, my friends, my co-workers. They all knew I was soiled and tarnished. I wasn't special anymore. My virginity had become such an essential part of my personality that I didn't know who I was without it. "

Reading this is a harrowing experience, in the mind of a normal young girl, ruined by religion and her abstinence pledge.

I will not say anymore, as I look forward to reading the oppositions, screwed up, backwards, 1800's views on why a piece of paper in the eyes of a mythical man in the sky should stop humans from interacting naturally. I wait.
Briannj17

Con

I would ask you to notice that this is in the health department. I am con to premarital sex because of the health problems that arise. Your rather feisty comments are based around personal experience and are not backed up by proper sources. Calling my views backwards and screwed up is a waste of characters. This has nothing to do with religion! So relax.

There are many consequences caused from premarital sex. http://iosrjournals.org......

1.Neurological Problems
When having sex, both man and women produce hormones that affect the brain. Dopamine a chemical compared to heroin is released affecting the brains ability to remember. Another chemical that is released mainly in the women is Oxytocin. Known as a bonding hormone, this is linked to mothers ability to die for their child. So when having sex the bonding hormone is released making the women bonded to him or her emotionally. Men on the other hand produce vasopressin also known as the "monogamy hormone". It has the same affect on the male. He is bonded to her emotionally. http://www.charismanews.com......

2. Higher risk of STDs
Obviously when you have sex more than a few times with different people, you have a much higher risk of STDs. With premarital sex no one can be sure that your sweetheart hasn't been sweet with another.

3. Social Problems
Regret is a finding for many people have had premarital sex. This may lead to loss of self respect, loss of others respect, poor academic performance, depression, corruption of character and a list of social problems for both men and women. http://iosrjournals.org......

I look forward to your response.
SachinG99

Pro

SachinG99 forfeited this round.
Briannj17

Con

In closing..

None of my arguments have been rebuted. Therfore it should be clear to the reader to vote con. For I have told you why I am against premarital sex for the harmful effects to peoples health. Thank you. My name is Brian N. Johnson. This debate is now done.
SachinG99

Pro

SachinG99 forfeited this round.
Posted by matt8800 10 months ago
matt8800
I have lots of premarital sex and my health is excellent :)
Posted by Briannj17 11 months ago
Briannj17
matt8800 Marriage is a symbol when two become one. Bonded together. Marriage is not always a religious thing. I am against premarital sex because of the harm that comes from it. Healthwise mostly. Religious reasons somewhat.

Sex is not a need by the way. Physical touch and affection is another debatable subject.

As a final word nothing I say on this debate will be based absolutely on religion but in regards to health.
Posted by Briannj17 11 months ago
Briannj17
SachinG99 I see you are new here. I would like you to go to settings go to privacy then change who can send you messages to everybody. That way we can discuss whatever with each other. Since I noticed you sent a message in a friend request.
Posted by Briannj17 11 months ago
Briannj17
Don't know why my sources are messed up. http://www.charismanews.com...
Posted by Briannj17 11 months ago
Briannj17
Actual sources from IOSR http://iosrjournals.org...
Posted by matt8800 11 months ago
matt8800
I am divorced and do not plan on getting married again. With that said, I would never consider celibacy for a second. As long as there is mutual respect, I see no problem with unmarried sex whenever you feel like it.
I think the idea of no premarital sex is a tool for men to establish their ownership over women. In particular, I think men prone to jealousy are the most anti premarital sex.
Physical touch, affection and sex are positive natural human needs and marriage is not required to meet those needs.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 10 months ago
dsjpk5
Briannj17SachinG99Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff many times, so conduct to Con.