RussellMania741
Woosh

Prepaid VS Contract Cellular Phone Service

RussellMania741 has forfeited round #2.
Started: 11/9/2017 Category: Technology
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

RussellMania741

Pro

Most people feel that they have to sign up with a big cell phone provider in order to receive good service. People are willing to pay sky rocket prices for high speed data. I have heard people paying $125-$250 for their service. I have straight talk service and I couldn't even imagine signing up for a big cellular company. I pay only $55 a month. I get unlimited calling, Texting, and pic messaging. I also get 15GB of high speed data
(4G Lite). I don't ever have to pay for overages. The only thing you have to do is buy an unlocked phone at whole sale price; spending $750-$1,000 may seem like a lot, but it's cheaper in the long run. Most people are worried about getting crappy service (You pay for what you get). Prepaid providers use the same towers the big carriers use. If you want Sprint service, then you would sign up with Boost Mobile. Why pay more money for the same service?
Woosh

Con

Many people do feel like they have to use big name providers for a marginally better service. I would disagree with the idea that the service is equal or even comparable on a nation wide scale. Rural areas will most likely have better coverage from larger service providers like AT&T. Almost 20% of the U.S. population is located in these rural areas. That demographic has very little choice in providers and often is forced to put up with the higher costs of larger providers. I think it depends more on where you live and travel rather than just a matter of dollars to dollars.
Posted by nobleislandbag 1 week ago
nobleislandbag
EXACTLY! MetroPCS for the win.