MattHarrison
nathanknickerbocker.9

President Obama has had a successful presidency

MattHarrison

Con

Round 1 is acceptance.

There is no format afterwards.
nathanknickerbocker.9

Pro

I accept your challenge
MattHarrison

Con

Thank you pro.
I would like to begin by stating my three main points.

1) Recent scandals- President Obama has told the press that he has nothing to do with the NSA, IRS, AP, and Benghazi. Either he is right and does not know what is happening in his administration, or he lied to the American people, several times.

2) The economy- Many Obama supporters will say that we are in a recovery and that the unemployment rate is falling. However, the unemployment rate only includes those actively seeking a job. According to investwatch.com, the unemployment rate would be about 30% if the unemployment rate did. Also, in past recoveries, we see the government begin to ween citizens off of government aid such as welfare or unemployment, but we have about half of the population receiving some type of federal aid.

3) Lastly, Foreign Policy- Obama has said that there is no war on terror the day after the two radicals from Nigeria attacked and killed a British soldier on the streets of London. He has also waited for Syria to kill tens of thousands of people before he finally decided that arming the rebels who also have ties with Al-Qaeda, was a good idea.

Thank you, I am anxious for your rebuttal.
nathanknickerbocker.9

Pro

My Argument
1) I see your point however you have not considered he did this to protect the american people now this is just a theory of mine but say you were the president and you knew that something that was bad and knew people would call for blood if you told the people let me ask what would you do tell everyone cause havoc and cries for war (again just a theory) or would you hide it so no one will get mad but because all anyone wants to do is put their noses were they don't belong they found out but because of the way they found out they blame the person who hid it (Obama this time) no one ever considers this.

2) Obama has done A LOT for this country every president has but they make one mistake they are called bad presidents and the ones who actually cause it get away and no one cares because why not take the easy road and attack the president no look into what other people do too like the Benghazi scandal all they care about that Obama hid it not that lives were lost or a building is lost or anything just that people hid it.

3) Obama's presidency has a different success he has helped a lot and no one cares its like a business you work hard and get a lot of clients and one mistake and poof your reputation is destroyed and no one likes you and usual you die in poverty. Obama is the president that we elected we made a bed now we have to lay in it stop complaining he works hard he probably would love if his work was easy and he could take days off but he can't he has to run the country he is gonna slip every now and then and people think "He is the president he can't make mistakes" no he is a human too and humans make mistakes. Plus let me ask you what have you done that has helped the economy and don't say nothing cause what can i do i'm just one person well so is Obama yeah he has help and all but they don't always agree that is why our forefathers made separation of powers. As i say one man/woman may influence the world.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rebuttal
1) Obama is on the executive branch he can't be blamed for other department trouble and if he associated with them then he must have a reason.No one just does something because they are bored so don't say he is bad because of that.
(I know this one is short but some of my argument helps this)

2) as I stated in my argument he does his best he can't do it alone all anyone does is say its Obama's fault that the economy sucks NO IT IS NOT IT'S ALL OF US we each need to take responsibility for the economy does Obama run your business does he own your building (If you say technically yes,no the government does thought i clarify that) no WE ALL HAVE TO DO SOMETHING SMALL TO MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE we all must fix the economy not just one man as Abraham Lincoln once said "A house divided can not stand" we are dividing form our government we must not or we WILL FALL.

3) (Let me just state that what i say my sympathy goes to that brutish solder's family) No offence to the British solder but that is Britain's problem we are no the only ones in a war on terror so america/Obama can not be blamed for what happens to another countries men do the British care if American solders are killed by a car bomb that Al-Qaeda sent no so why should we. (again sympathy to the family)

I hope this will be fun Good luck to you
anxious to hear your response
MattHarrison

Con

MattHarrison forfeited this round.
nathanknickerbocker.9

Pro

what happened? i guess i win
MattHarrison

Con

I apologize to pro. I have finals this week and must forfeit this debate. Once finals are over I will resend pro the same debate for a do-over.
nathanknickerbocker.9

Pro

Ok you got a deal good luck on your finals