Mr.Cotton-Balls
brendizzle29

President Obama is bad 4 the US

Mr.Cotton-Balls

Pro

I am in strong affirmation that, President Obama is bad 4 the United States of America. President obama is a hypocrite he cast blame on big spenders saying there to blame 4 the economic situation. Then he has a 6 million dollar party when he takes office. He will not salute the flag of the united states cause he says there is no opportunity in America but after 2 generations the obamas have come from nothing to the most influential black family in the world. Obama has little experience and his stimulus package is garbage and will hurt our already crippled economy.
brendizzle29

Con

President obama is a hypocrite he cast blame on big spenders saying there to blame 4 the economic situation."

Big spenders such as the banks that gave out sub-prime mortgages that those who received the loans had no way of paying? You're going to have to be more specific when accusing him.

"Then he has a 6 million dollar party when he takes office."

You mean he sent 6 million dollars, donated to him by his supporters, back into a faltering economy? How dare he put six million dollars into the economy in the middle of a recession!

"He will not salute the flag of the united states cause he says there is no opportunity in America"

I don't know what your source is for this but my source, The Washington Post, says that the reason that you give for him not saluting the flag actually comes from an E-mail hoax. The only time that Obama has not saluted the flag is during the national anthem, a time during which you may or may not salute the flag, depending on personal preference.

"Obama has little experience"

Experience does not necessarily mean that someone will be a good President:
Thomas Jefferson- created the Embargo Act, which severely damaged America's economy.
Martin Van Buren- led America into one of its first recessions.
Andrew Johnson- first impeached President. Escaped conviction by one vote.

Several Presidents with approximately the same amount of political experience as Obama (Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, and Ronald Reagan), however, are recognized as some of the greatest Presidents we have ever had.

"and his stimulus package is garbage and will hurt our already crippled economy."

The economy draws its strength from the people. Then economy can only be strong if people are putting money into it. People put money into the economy by purchasing things with their disposable income; the more disposable income the people have, the stronger the economy is likely to be. According to Time.com and MSNBC.com, forty percent of Obama's stimulus package is to cut taxes on 95 percent of Americans, significantly increasing the amount of money people have to put into the economy. Furthermore, economic analysts expect Obama's package to create or save 2.5 million jobs. How do jobs hurt the economy?

My opponent's case does not stand up under scrutiny, especially since he has no sources to back up what he says. Few Presidents have ever had such a great oppurtunity to unite America. We have seen what happens when America is divided and Obama is reaching across the aisle to unite all Americans for the common good. You can see this in the massive amount support that he has from both parties, his work with the Republicans, and especially his work with former rival John McCain.
Mr.Cotton-Balls

Pro

MY opponent say that this money was all donated which is true but the donaters are people of Questionable carecter

1 - A sirian gangster named Tony Rezko was the person that earned him the most money in all his campaigns.

Link - http://www.newsmax.com...

this is just one instance were Obama has openly excepted money from Questionable characters there are many other instances.

2- His Harvard tuition was payed by Khalid Abdullah Tariq al-Mansour (born Donald Warden that changed his name when converted to islam), who was a mentor of the Black Panthers.

Link - http://www.investors.com...

3 - A terrorist named William Ayers (don�t know anything about him, myself) who Obama says was only his neighbour ran an NGO with Obama (non-governmental organization) and they raised 72 million dollars together for left-wing groups.

Link - http://noquarterusa.net...

Hear is proof that the obama campaign was run with dirty money. not only this but my appoint failed to respond to my argument of Obamas contradicting him self on the way he spent this money!

Now I will give a direct Quote on the flag issue from Ebony own mouth, when asked the Question in a cnn interview"Why would u not salute the flag during the national anthem and refuse to were a American flag pendant?" Obama cleverly responds as follows "I revere the American flag; I don't refuse to wear flag pins."

Now my opponents 3rd point was that the Stimulus package is going to work because of lower taxes. this is simple not true yes we would have more money to spend, but Americans are consumers and we consume products maid out side of the U.S. this clearly will not make us Any better off than we all ready are. not only this but Obama plans to give every U.S. war veteran $500 thats alot off money in my next speech I will come up with some figures 4 my opponent, but how is this helping our Economy, how is another 5 million dollars on weather proofing houses going to help our economy. The answer is it wont.

Now I would like to introduce 2 new points to my case

1)How will Obama help the stock market?

Obama is totally clueless. He doesn't even know who to ask. Right now, two of his top financial advisers are former Fannie Mae execs.

With his plans to tax the crap out of anyone who is (in his own opinion) making too much money, tax the crap out any company who doesn't do business where he wants them to, tax the crap out of any company who doesn't meet the environmentally deranged ever changing emission standards, I don't possibly see how the stock market would embrace and thrive under his economic plans.

Obama is the new sup-prime borrower and Democrats are frothing to give him the keys to the White House.

HatianRed: They have a name for Obama's plan, it's called Fascism. He wants to punish companies who move operations to 3rd world countries. They gotta have jobs. They have to produce goods to sell on the world markets. Otherwise, they will always be poor.

Or do you want them to live in poverty and squalor? Then you can complain we don't' send them enough money to "Feed the Children".

Obama has already "promised" that he would increase capital gains tax to 27-28% (up from 15%). This would mean that you would need to gain much more than before to break even after taxes. This will probably hurt investors while feeding his proposed welfare state.

2) Now this point is 4 people who are pro life but I'm sure it will make people that are not pro life thank twice about Obama, Obama voted against banning partial birth abortions.

Deffinition
Partial-birth abortion: a surgical abortion that is typically performed during the third trimester or later part of the second trimester of pregnancy and in which the uterine cervix is dilated and death of the fetus is induced after it has passed partway through the birth canal—called also D&X, partial-birth abortion.

dilation and extraction

So what kind ave man thinks its ok to kill a child that is the process of being born? just some thing to think about.
brendizzle29

Con

"1 - A sirian gangster named Tony Rezko was the person that earned him the most money in all his campaigns."

According to your own source, Rezko was a slumlord (owner of unmaintained rental properties with high rental rates), not a gangster. Please refrain from dishonesty in the remainder of the debate.

"2- His Harvard tuition was payed by Khalid Abdullah Tariq al-Mansour (born Donald Warden that changed his name when converted to islam), who was a mentor of the Black Panthers."

Yes, he did mentor the founders of the Black Panthers. The Black Panthers organization was originally founded to protect blacks in Oakland, California, from the police brutality rampant in the area at that time. They later became violent. So if Obama knowing a guy that knew some guys that created a civil rights group that got out of control means that he has a questionable character, then I guess you are correct. Just as everyone that knows someone that knows someone else who is in prison also has a questionable character according to your logic.

"3 - A terrorist named William Ayers (don�t know anything about him, myself) who Obama says was only his neighbour ran an NGO with Obama (non-governmental organization) and they raised 72 million dollars together for left-wing groups."

Yes, William Ayers WAS a terrorist and has now been pardoned by the federal government and is a professor at the University of Illinois. Considering that Obama was seven when Ayers begin his radical activity, I can see how this reflects on Obama. How many seven year old terrorists have you ever heard? Furthermore, the New York Times, CNN, and various other news organizations have investigated this very same issue and concluded that Obama and Ayers have no close association.

"my appoint failed to respond to my argument of Obamas contradicting him self on the way he spent this money!"

You never made this point. Unless of course you are referring to the party, which I have already addressed.

"when asked the Question in a cnn interview"Why would u not salute the flag during the national anthem and refuse to were a American flag pendant?" Obama cleverly responds as follows "I revere the American flag; I don't refuse to wear flag pins."

So Obama reveres the American flag? I fairly certain that this contradicts your point. Once again, saluting the flag during the national anthem is a personal choice, the same as whether or not you salute every American flag that you walk past.

"Now my opponents 3rd point was that the Stimulus package is going to work because of lower taxes. this is simple not true yes we would have more money to spend, but Americans are consumers and we consume products maid out side of the U.S. this clearly will not make us Any better off than we all ready are"

Your point appears to be that consumers having more money to spend on products, that creating jobs, and that helping out American industries is not going to help our economy. The logic there just does not follow.

"not only this but Obama plans to give every U.S. war veteran $500 thats alot off money in my next speech I will come up with some figures 4 my opponent, but how is this helping our Economy, how is another 5 million dollars on weather proofing houses going to help our economy."

According to huffingtonpost.com, the $500 dollars is actually going to workers in American industries, not war veterans. And how does weatherproofing houses tie into war veterans?

"He doesn't even know who to ask. Right now, two of his top financial advisers are former Fannie Mae execs."

Really? Because here's who econ4obama.com lists as Obama's economic advisors:
Jason Furman (director of economic policy)
Austan Goolsbee (senior economic policy advisor), University of Chicago tax policy expert
Karen Kornbluh (policy director)
David Cutler, Harvard health policy expert
Jeff Liebman, Harvard welfare expert
Michael Froman, Citigroup executive
Daniel Tarullo, Georgetown law professor
David Romer, Berkeley macroeconomist
Christina Romer, Berkeley economic historian
Richard Thaler, University of Chicago behavioral finance expert
Robert Rubin, former Treasury Secretary
Larry Summers, former Treasury Secretary
Alan Blinder, former Vice-chairman of the Federal Reserve
Jared Bernstein, Economic Policy Institute labor economist
James Galbraith, University of Texas macroeconomist
Paul Volcker, Chairman of the Federal Reserve 1979-1987
Laura Tyson, Berkeley international economist, Bill Clinton economic adviser
Robert Reich, Berkeley public policy professor, former Secretary of Labor
Peter Henry, Stanford international economist
Gene Sperling, former White House economic adviser
Heidi Hartmann, President, Institute for Women's Policy Research

No Fannie Mae execs there. There are so economic professors and Treasury Secretaries in there, though.

"With his plans to tax the crap out of anyone who is (in his own opinion) making too much money"

Yes, his plans to "tax the crap out of us" by cutting taxes on 95 percent of Americans, as previously stated.

"tax the crap out any company who doesn't do business where he wants them to, tax the crap out of any company who doesn't meet the environmentally deranged ever changing emission standards,"

Reliable source for this information, please?

"HatianRed: They have a name for Obama's plan, it's called Fascism. He wants to punish companies who move operations to 3rd world countries. They gotta have jobs. They have to produce goods to sell on the world markets. Otherwise, they will always be poor."

I believe that you just called Obama a fascist because he wants to bring jobs back to America by decreasing outsourcing. How this accusation makes any sense whatsoever, I do not know.

"Or do you want them to live in poverty and squalor? Then you can complain we don't' send them enough money to "Feed the Children"."
"Obama has already "promised" that he would increase capital gains tax to 27-28% (up from 15%). This would mean that you would need to gain much more than before to break even after taxes. This will probably hurt investors while feeding his proposed welfare state."

Two things. First, you just contradicted yourself by saying that we should cost Americans jobs to feed people in other countries, then saying that we shouldn't take care of the American impoverished because it costs investors money. Second, dictionary.com defines welfare state as, "A state or government that promotes public welfare through programs of public health, pensions, unemployment compensation, public housing, and the like.", so American already is a welfare state, this is not just some alleged proposal by Obama.

"Partial-birth abortion: a surgical abortion that is typically performed during the third trimester or later part of the second trimester of pregnancy and in which the uterine cervix is dilated and death of the fetus is induced after it has passed partway through the birth canal—called also D&X, partial-birth abortion.

"

First, your own link says "no entries found" so your definition can not be verified using what you have told us. Second, dictionary.com defines partial birth abortion as, "A surgical procedure in which the cervix is dilated and the early products of conception are removed from the uterus.", so the birth is induced and the premature baby would die anyway. If you want to argue abortion, argue that at a later time, not in the middle of another debate.
Mr.Cotton-Balls

Pro

Pro

Link - http://www.newsmax.com......

Link - http://www.investors.com......

Link - http://noquarterusa.net......

1)How will Obama help the stock market?

Deffinition

brendizzle29

Con

Seeing as how my opponent simply re-posted Round 2, every point that I made in Round 2 has gone unchecked. My opponent failed to even attempt to rebuild his case. I see no reason to further elaborate on my case or negate his.

In conclusion, you should vote for me to win this debate because my opponent:
Failed to defend his case after Round 2.
Failed to attack my case after Round 2.
Never showed how Obama is bad for America, only that my opponent disagrees with Obama's policies.
Falsely accused Obama of being a fascist.
And contradicted himself by saying that we should give money to those in poverty and then saying that we shouldn't help those in poverty because it hurts the rich.

I would like to thank my opponent for an interesting debate.
Posted by Mr_Anon 5 years ago
Mr_Anon
OK a lot of people vote bombed this debate. Pro deserved no points at all.
Posted by Pwnu059 7 years ago
Pwnu059
obama sucks debate me and ill tell u y!!!
Posted by Mangani 7 years ago
Mangani
Before/After: Con

Conduct: Con. Pro lied, then when the lies were refuted, he repeated the lies.

Spelling/Grammar: Con... clearly.

Arguments: Con. Pro never actually made a rational argument. His arguments were based on email hoaxes, lies, or distortions. His own sources refuted the arguments he was making in using the source.

Sources: Con. Read above statement.
Posted by TOMlive 8 years ago
TOMlive
look at his policys if u liked bush you like obama
Posted by sadolite 8 years ago
sadolite
"Ronald Reagan the beloved conservative president raised taxes 7 times. " No, congress raised taxes 7 times.

The Dem's controlled Congress for 3 years before Obama took office.

Blaming a President for the economy is ignorance. A single man can not be held liable. The President can make suggestions. Congress has the final say. It is Congress that writes all of the legislation. The President can ether vote for or veto it. But in the end that does not matter. Congress can over ride his veto by 2/3 majority. The President has no spending power or taxing power. That power is 100% in the hands of congress. I wont credit or blame Obama for any down turn or up turn in the economy. I will credit or blame Congress, they are in control of the economy and taxes, not the President, not now not ever.
Posted by gothmog 8 years ago
gothmog
the messiah? so you think the presidency is a JOKE. ha ha hoo hoo. its all funny to you. the right is the only people who call him that.i do not worship him,like you people worship reagan. people blamed bush ,because he didn't do a damn thing about it. just liek he didn't doi a damn thing about anything. just like the republicans don't have a clue on how to fix a thing. we are in this mess because you people elected a moron to office. he took a thriving economy and trashed it for the benefit of a few. the 2003 tax cuts,raised taxes on the middle class and switched the tax burden from those who cold afford it to those who could not. that led to the recession we are in. but all you have is jokes. he is trying to fix the mess. but you want him to fail,why because if he is successful ,you can kiss 2012 goodbye. so for e the right to have a chance yo want the us to go into a depression . that is the goal of the right. when clinton plan to balance the budget ,started working , ol newtie tried to derail it by busting his budget. that is how far the right wil go to trash a democrat president. they will purposefully destroy the economy if it will make them fail.
Posted by gothmog 8 years ago
gothmog
here are some facts
Ronald Reagan the beloved conservative president raised taxes 7 times. after his famous tax cut of 1981 we had one of the worse recessions ever, the great conservatives wanted him to do another tax cut ,he choose to raise taxes to help the economy. did the cons say he was a failure?in fact the economy did not improve till just before the election. we had 12 years of republicans in charge. the right was very quiet as bush and the cons in congress dragged the economy down. the recession started in DEC 2007, a year before Obama took office, the Democrats said over and over we were in a recession the republicans refused to admit it. now they call it the Obama recession. just like in 2001,when the recession started in march they rant and rave that bush inherited the recession form Clinton. so a recession that takes place 2 months into his office is Clinton's fault and a recession that starts 1 year before he leaves office is Abeam fault. that is the party of personal responsibility at work. everything is someone else personal responsibility.
the republicans have and always will be a party with no plans,no solutions. they are the party of opposition. Funny how the right doesn't mention the stock market all all now.
this is 1 undeniable fact about the republicans. for 40 years they defended and protected the tobacco industry,that was killing 200k-500k people a year,(if you say well they knew the risks,then I can lace
cookies with cyanide and hand them out too right companies do not have a right to sell poison to people. and they KNEW it was poison by their own studies.)then when it all came out in hearings and the fact that they ceo LIED to them under oath. they were not even prosecuted for that, then the republicans ,after knowing al the facts protected them once again they put corporate profits ABOVE the LIVES of Americans..that to me tells all I need to know about that party. and anyone who still supports them ,basically supports murder for prof
Posted by sadolite 8 years ago
sadolite
Obama is a puppet for Congress just as any other President was. Congress is responsible for the ills of this country. Blaming a single man is ignorant. The only power a President has is foreign policy and for only 45 days at that. Any internal policy is written by Congress and approved by Congress. The President can be overridden and not listened to at all. If you are against the war in Afghanistan, blame Congress, they approved the funding, Without funding there can be no war. Obama's 45 days to wage war has long expired.
Posted by KeithKroeger91 8 years ago
KeithKroeger91
Obama is the worst president in American history.
Posted by Biggbrother 8 years ago
Biggbrother
HAHA
all of the people not willing to work for a living are crying that obama got elected ha ha
Vote Placed by ockcatdaddy 4 years ago
ockcatdaddy
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied
Reasons for voting decision: votebomb because obama sux
Vote Placed by Mr_Anon 5 years ago
Mr_Anon
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't even know where to begin here. Con's points were never refuted (not to mention Pro's grammar was so bad he was almost unreadable), and PRO simply repeated Round 2 for his third round. It all goes to Con here.
Vote Placed by Eliazar 6 years ago
Eliazar
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied
Reasons for voting decision: lo
Vote Placed by apologia101 6 years ago
apologia101
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied
Vote Placed by Officialjake 7 years ago
Officialjake
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied
Vote Placed by Pyromaniac 7 years ago
Pyromaniac
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied
Vote Placed by Pwnu059 7 years ago
Pwnu059
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied
Vote Placed by Controlledemo 7 years ago
Controlledemo
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied
Vote Placed by DavidSSabb94 7 years ago
DavidSSabb94
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied
Vote Placed by DylanFromSC 7 years ago
DylanFromSC
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied