Mr.Cotton-Balls
brendizzle29

President Obama is bad 4 the US

Mr.Cotton-Balls

Pro

I am in strong affirmation that, President Obama is bad 4 the United States of America. President obama is a hypocrite he cast blame on big spenders saying there to blame 4 the economic situation. Then he has a 6 million dollar party when he takes office. He will not salute the flag of the united states cause he says there is no opportunity in America but after 2 generations the obamas have come from nothing to the most influential black family in the world. Obama has little experience and his stimulus package is garbage and will hurt our already crippled economy.
brendizzle29

Con

President obama is a hypocrite he cast blame on big spenders saying there to blame 4 the economic situation."

Big spenders such as the banks that gave out sub-prime mortgages that those who received the loans had no way of paying? You're going to have to be more specific when accusing him.

"Then he has a 6 million dollar party when he takes office."

You mean he sent 6 million dollars, donated to him by his supporters, back into a faltering economy? How dare he put six million dollars into the economy in the middle of a recession!

"He will not salute the flag of the united states cause he says there is no opportunity in America"

I don't know what your source is for this but my source, The Washington Post, says that the reason that you give for him not saluting the flag actually comes from an E-mail hoax. The only time that Obama has not saluted the flag is during the national anthem, a time during which you may or may not salute the flag, depending on personal preference.

"Obama has little experience"

Experience does not necessarily mean that someone will be a good President:
Thomas Jefferson- created the Embargo Act, which severely damaged America's economy.
Martin Van Buren- led America into one of its first recessions.
Andrew Johnson- first impeached President. Escaped conviction by one vote.

Several Presidents with approximately the same amount of political experience as Obama (Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, and Ronald Reagan), however, are recognized as some of the greatest Presidents we have ever had.

"and his stimulus package is garbage and will hurt our already crippled economy."

The economy draws its strength from the people. Then economy can only be strong if people are putting money into it. People put money into the economy by purchasing things with their disposable income; the more disposable income the people have, the stronger the economy is likely to be. According to Time.com and MSNBC.com, forty percent of Obama's stimulus package is to cut taxes on 95 percent of Americans, significantly increasing the amount of money people have to put into the economy. Furthermore, economic analysts expect Obama's package to create or save 2.5 million jobs. How do jobs hurt the economy?

My opponent's case does not stand up under scrutiny, especially since he has no sources to back up what he says. Few Presidents have ever had such a great oppurtunity to unite America. We have seen what happens when America is divided and Obama is reaching across the aisle to unite all Americans for the common good. You can see this in the massive amount support that he has from both parties, his work with the Republicans, and especially his work with former rival John McCain.
Mr.Cotton-Balls

Pro

MY opponent say that this money was all donated which is true but the donaters are people of Questionable carecter

1 - A sirian gangster named Tony Rezko was the person that earned him the most money in all his campaigns.

Link - http://www.newsmax.com...

this is just one instance were Obama has openly excepted money from Questionable characters there are many other instances.

2- His Harvard tuition was payed by Khalid Abdullah Tariq al-Mansour (born Donald Warden that changed his name when converted to islam), who was a mentor of the Black Panthers.

Link - http://www.investors.com...

3 - A terrorist named William Ayers (don�t know anything about him, myself) who Obama says was only his neighbour ran an NGO with Obama (non-governmental organization) and they raised 72 million dollars together for left-wing groups.

Link - http://noquarterusa.net...

Hear is proof that the obama campaign was run with dirty money. not only this but my appoint failed to respond to my argument of Obamas contradicting him self on the way he spent this money!

Now I will give a direct Quote on the flag issue from Ebony own mouth, when asked the Question in a cnn interview"Why would u not salute the flag during the national anthem and refuse to were a American flag pendant?" Obama cleverly responds as follows "I revere the American flag; I don't refuse to wear flag pins."

Now my opponents 3rd point was that the Stimulus package is going to work because of lower taxes. this is simple not true yes we would have more money to spend, but Americans are consumers and we consume products maid out side of the U.S. this clearly will not make us Any better off than we all ready are. not only this but Obama plans to give every U.S. war veteran $500 thats alot off money in my next speech I will come up with some figures 4 my opponent, but how is this helping our Economy, how is another 5 million dollars on weather proofing houses going to help our economy. The answer is it wont.

Now I would like to introduce 2 new points to my case

1)How will Obama help the stock market?

Obama is totally clueless. He doesn't even know who to ask. Right now, two of his top financial advisers are former Fannie Mae execs.

With his plans to tax the crap out of anyone who is (in his own opinion) making too much money, tax the crap out any company who doesn't do business where he wants them to, tax the crap out of any company who doesn't meet the environmentally deranged ever changing emission standards, I don't possibly see how the stock market would embrace and thrive under his economic plans.

Obama is the new sup-prime borrower and Democrats are frothing to give him the keys to the White House.

HatianRed: They have a name for Obama's plan, it's called Fascism. He wants to punish companies who move operations to 3rd world countries. They gotta have jobs. They have to produce goods to sell on the world markets. Otherwise, they will always be poor.

Or do you want them to live in poverty and squalor? Then you can complain we don't' send them enough money to "Feed the Children".

Obama has already "promised" that he would increase capital gains tax to 27-28% (up from 15%). This would mean that you would need to gain much more than before to break even after taxes. This will probably hurt investors while feeding his proposed welfare state.

2) Now this point is 4 people who are pro life but I'm sure it will make people that are not pro life thank twice about Obama, Obama voted against banning partial birth abortions.

Deffinition
Partial-birth abortion: a surgical abortion that is typically performed during the third trimester or later part of the second trimester of pregnancy and in which the uterine cervix is dilated and death of the fetus is induced after it has passed partway through the birth canal—called also D&X, partial-birth abortion.

dilation and extraction

So what kind ave man thinks its ok to kill a child that is the process of being born? just some thing to think about.
brendizzle29

Con

"1 - A sirian gangster named Tony Rezko was the person that earned him the most money in all his campaigns."

According to your own source, Rezko was a slumlord (owner of unmaintained rental properties with high rental rates), not a gangster. Please refrain from dishonesty in the remainder of the debate.

"2- His Harvard tuition was payed by Khalid Abdullah Tariq al-Mansour (born Donald Warden that changed his name when converted to islam), who was a mentor of the Black Panthers."

Yes, he did mentor the founders of the Black Panthers. The Black Panthers organization was originally founded to protect blacks in Oakland, California, from the police brutality rampant in the area at that time. They later became violent. So if Obama knowing a guy that knew some guys that created a civil rights group that got out of control means that he has a questionable character, then I guess you are correct. Just as everyone that knows someone that knows someone else who is in prison also has a questionable character according to your logic.

"3 - A terrorist named William Ayers (don�t know anything about him, myself) who Obama says was only his neighbour ran an NGO with Obama (non-governmental organization) and they raised 72 million dollars together for left-wing groups."

Yes, William Ayers WAS a terrorist and has now been pardoned by the federal government and is a professor at the University of Illinois. Considering that Obama was seven when Ayers begin his radical activity, I can see how this reflects on Obama. How many seven year old terrorists have you ever heard? Furthermore, the New York Times, CNN, and various other news organizations have investigated this very same issue and concluded that Obama and Ayers have no close association.

"my appoint failed to respond to my argument of Obamas contradicting him self on the way he spent this money!"

You never made this point. Unless of course you are referring to the party, which I have already addressed.

"when asked the Question in a cnn interview"Why would u not salute the flag during the national anthem and refuse to were a American flag pendant?" Obama cleverly responds as follows "I revere the American flag; I don't refuse to wear flag pins."

So Obama reveres the American flag? I fairly certain that this contradicts your point. Once again, saluting the flag during the national anthem is a personal choice, the same as whether or not you salute every American flag that you walk past.

"Now my opponents 3rd point was that the Stimulus package is going to work because of lower taxes. this is simple not true yes we would have more money to spend, but Americans are consumers and we consume products maid out side of the U.S. this clearly will not make us Any better off than we all ready are"

Your point appears to be that consumers having more money to spend on products, that creating jobs, and that helping out American industries is not going to help our economy. The logic there just does not follow.

"not only this but Obama plans to give every U.S. war veteran $500 thats alot off money in my next speech I will come up with some figures 4 my opponent, but how is this helping our Economy, how is another 5 million dollars on weather proofing houses going to help our economy."

According to huffingtonpost.com, the $500 dollars is actually going to workers in American industries, not war veterans. And how does weatherproofing houses tie into war veterans?

"He doesn't even know who to ask. Right now, two of his top financial advisers are former Fannie Mae execs."

Really? Because here's who econ4obama.com lists as Obama's economic advisors:
Jason Furman (director of economic policy)
Austan Goolsbee (senior economic policy advisor), University of Chicago tax policy expert
Karen Kornbluh (policy director)
David Cutler, Harvard health policy expert
Jeff Liebman, Harvard welfare expert
Michael Froman, Citigroup executive
Daniel Tarullo, Georgetown law professor
David Romer, Berkeley macroeconomist
Christina Romer, Berkeley economic historian
Richard Thaler, University of Chicago behavioral finance expert
Robert Rubin, former Treasury Secretary
Larry Summers, former Treasury Secretary
Alan Blinder, former Vice-chairman of the Federal Reserve
Jared Bernstein, Economic Policy Institute labor economist
James Galbraith, University of Texas macroeconomist
Paul Volcker, Chairman of the Federal Reserve 1979-1987
Laura Tyson, Berkeley international economist, Bill Clinton economic adviser
Robert Reich, Berkeley public policy professor, former Secretary of Labor
Peter Henry, Stanford international economist
Gene Sperling, former White House economic adviser
Heidi Hartmann, President, Institute for Women's Policy Research

No Fannie Mae execs there. There are so economic professors and Treasury Secretaries in there, though.

"With his plans to tax the crap out of anyone who is (in his own opinion) making too much money"

Yes, his plans to "tax the crap out of us" by cutting taxes on 95 percent of Americans, as previously stated.

"tax the crap out any company who doesn't do business where he wants them to, tax the crap out of any company who doesn't meet the environmentally deranged ever changing emission standards,"

Reliable source for this information, please?

"HatianRed: They have a name for Obama's plan, it's called Fascism. He wants to punish companies who move operations to 3rd world countries. They gotta have jobs. They have to produce goods to sell on the world markets. Otherwise, they will always be poor."

I believe that you just called Obama a fascist because he wants to bring jobs back to America by decreasing outsourcing. How this accusation makes any sense whatsoever, I do not know.

"Or do you want them to live in poverty and squalor? Then you can complain we don't' send them enough money to "Feed the Children"."
"Obama has already "promised" that he would increase capital gains tax to 27-28% (up from 15%). This would mean that you would need to gain much more than before to break even after taxes. This will probably hurt investors while feeding his proposed welfare state."

Two things. First, you just contradicted yourself by saying that we should cost Americans jobs to feed people in other countries, then saying that we shouldn't take care of the American impoverished because it costs investors money. Second, dictionary.com defines welfare state as, "A state or government that promotes public welfare through programs of public health, pensions, unemployment compensation, public housing, and the like.", so American already is a welfare state, this is not just some alleged proposal by Obama.

"Partial-birth abortion: a surgical abortion that is typically performed during the third trimester or later part of the second trimester of pregnancy and in which the uterine cervix is dilated and death of the fetus is induced after it has passed partway through the birth canal—called also D&X, partial-birth abortion.

"

First, your own link says "no entries found" so your definition can not be verified using what you have told us. Second, dictionary.com defines partial birth abortion as, "A surgical procedure in which the cervix is dilated and the early products of conception are removed from the uterus.", so the birth is induced and the premature baby would die anyway. If you want to argue abortion, argue that at a later time, not in the middle of another debate.
Mr.Cotton-Balls

Pro

Pro

Link - http://www.newsmax.com......

Link - http://www.investors.com......

Link - http://noquarterusa.net......

1)How will Obama help the stock market?

Deffinition

brendizzle29

Con

Seeing as how my opponent simply re-posted Round 2, every point that I made in Round 2 has gone unchecked. My opponent failed to even attempt to rebuild his case. I see no reason to further elaborate on my case or negate his.

In conclusion, you should vote for me to win this debate because my opponent:
Failed to defend his case after Round 2.
Failed to attack my case after Round 2.
Never showed how Obama is bad for America, only that my opponent disagrees with Obama's policies.
Falsely accused Obama of being a fascist.
And contradicted himself by saying that we should give money to those in poverty and then saying that we shouldn't help those in poverty because it hurts the rich.

I would like to thank my opponent for an interesting debate.
Posted by grayron 5 years ago
grayron
I personally don't think it is fair to judge weither or not a president is good or bad after a few months in office. It is fair to debate that after he leaves. Most presidents are not judge fairly until twenty years after presidency anyway. I do think Barrack Obama made many mistakes in the first months however. This can be policy debates but not of the whole presidency debate yet. He still can make the decision to fire Geithner.
Posted by younstownsoldier 5 years ago
younstownsoldier
oh yeah my bad i forgot he does walk on water right?

last i remember everyone blamed bush for the gas prices, but i continue to see the prices rise here with the messiah in the white house, but noone is talking about that now. hmmmmm sounds like a double standard, doesn't it?

the bes way to fix the economy today is to give more money out so that the population will pay for years to come-great concept, kind of like passing the buck for the next guy in four years. so happy everything is getting fixed.
Posted by sadolite 5 years ago
sadolite
younstownsoldier, You are talking to yourself. Don't you understand everything that has been a negative for the past eight years is bushes fault and any positive is because of Democrat policy. Besides Obama is president and he and the Govt will solve every single problem that mankind will face for the rest of our lives from cradle to grave and until the sun burns out. He is the Masia, get it through your head. There is not a single person on this planet that can even compare to the wisdom and knowledge of Barack Obama.
Posted by younstownsoldier 5 years ago
younstownsoldier
part of the economic stimulus has the government installing wireless internet on the school buses. this is a WASTE of money. and how can you, or anyone REALLY think that the WORLD ECONOMIC issues is blamed on one man? why should my daughter have to pay for everyone that decided they would get a house or car that they knew they could not afford? and yes, people with mental disabilities should receive help-in an institution, if they are well enough to be out, they are well enough to work!! and physical disabilities, most people that claim this, are simply faking and cheating the system. I grew up in the inner city and I have seen it first hand. and that is why I say that the welfare system is a mess. and free health care-that is another bad idea. that will drive the good doctors away to other countries where they would be able to make a decent living.

African-Americans always vote democrat. Always.

Am I wrong for seeing this as a prolific comment? that seems just as racist as saying that all young black males are criminals!!! the comment itself is ridiculous!!!!
Why is it that Obama is taking credit for the policy that the previous admin already had in place regarding the withdrawal from Iraq?
Posted by sadolite 5 years ago
sadolite
"I simply meant that people with a college education, tend to be more intelligent." We agree to disagree.
Posted by ournamestoolong 5 years ago
ournamestoolong
"OH I see, you believe anyone who goes to college is smarter than anyone who does not. You like most academics are both pampas and arrogant and refuse to look at the evidence before you. It is not the average Joe that causes the problems in govt, it is the academic idiots that cause the problems in govt. It is the average Joe tax payer that always without exception that bails them out when their social engineering ideas fail like they always do."

I simply meant that people with a college education, tend to be more intelligent.
Posted by sadolite 5 years ago
sadolite
OH I see, you believe anyone who goes to college is smarter than anyone who does not. You like most academics are both pampas and arrogant and refuse to look at the evidence before you. It is not the average Joe that causes the problems in govt, it is the academic idiots that cause the problems in govt. It is the average Joe tax payer that always without exception that bails them out when their social engineering ideas fail like they always do.
Posted by ournamestoolong 5 years ago
ournamestoolong
I'm sorry, but I'd rather listen to some one who went to one of the best schools in the country than some conservative with a high school education
Posted by sadolite 5 years ago
sadolite
"He DID go to Harvard law." Most of the incompetence that fills the halls of congress come from places like Harvard. Going to an ivy league school is no indicator of intelligence.
Posted by ournamestoolong 5 years ago
ournamestoolong
your argument?
Vote Placed by ockcatdaddy 1 year ago
ockcatdaddy
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied
Reasons for voting decision: votebomb because obama sux
Vote Placed by Mr_Anon 2 years ago
Mr_Anon
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't even know where to begin here. Con's points were never refuted (not to mention Pro's grammar was so bad he was almost unreadable), and PRO simply repeated Round 2 for his third round. It all goes to Con here.
Vote Placed by Eliazar 3 years ago
Eliazar
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied
Reasons for voting decision: lo
Vote Placed by apologia101 3 years ago
apologia101
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied
Vote Placed by Officialjake 4 years ago
Officialjake
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied
Vote Placed by Pyromaniac 4 years ago
Pyromaniac
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied
Vote Placed by Pwnu059 4 years ago
Pwnu059
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied
Vote Placed by Controlledemo 4 years ago
Controlledemo
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied
Vote Placed by DavidSSabb94 4 years ago
DavidSSabb94
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied
Vote Placed by DylanFromSC 4 years ago
DylanFromSC
Mr.Cotton-Ballsbrendizzle29Tied