Lucky120
thatsbalone

President Obama would destroy Bush in an election

thatsbalone
Started: 11/11/2009 Category: News

Lucky120

Pro

Well lets see if Obama and Bush were to go against each other in a presidential debate Obama would win and here is why.

First of all Bush lied through his teeth when he ran the last time, talking about he was going to fix everything as for Obama is doing what he said he was going to do and then some.

Two Bush did not do nothing his first 100 days in office as for Obama he traveled around and met many other presidents and actually sat down and talked with them. Obama was not the only one his wife the first lady has done many wonderful things as well.

Third Bush never made a good president at all he just made everything worse. I respect him though, but obama makes a great President and he is doing very well.
thatsbalone

Con

I'll start by defining "destroy" because my opponent failed to do so.
(http://dictionary.reference.com...)
The first 4 definitions can be ruled out by common sense; no matter the outcome of the election, Bush would be around afterwards and not "reduce[d] to useless fragments..." :)
Bush being "destroyed" as per definition 5 can also be disregarded because Bush would not be defeated "completely," or entirely (http://dictionary.reference.com...); for this to happen, Obama would be required to win by 100%, which is improbable.
Now I will address your points:
1. You need to provide evidence to support your contention.
2. A. For the sake of my argument, I will refrain from disputing that "Bush did not do nothing his first 100 days in office".
B. Again, you've provided nothing but opinion; some facts/data to back up your contention would be appreciated!
3. These are mere opinions and therefore are irrelevant to the debate.
Thanks for this debate.
Lucky120

Pro

First of all like i said Bush did nothing. Second when you are looking at an election you have to look at everything that comes into play. One is strength which in their case the strength of their speaking abilities. Obama is a better speaker and he gets his words out in flowing sentences as for bush his speaking is not strong, but weak and you don't need proof if you listen to bush talk to know that. Three Obama is just better at everything other than Bush like I said before he lied to get that chair for one, because when the towers were hit he wanted war instead of thinking about the consequences. We are killing more than soldiers in Iraq and that was not our fight. He was quick to call them terrorist without looking at the big picture of what every single Muslim would go through That live here in the USA. Now they are all being called terrorist an some of them are right here in our US military.

Good luck
thatsbalone

Con

Your points do not support your premise, which is that "President Obama would destroy Bush in an election." All I have to do to win this debate is to prove that President Obama would not destroy Bush in an election. Seeing as how you did not dispute my points in the first round, you concede that Bush would not be destroyed in said election. Furthermore, Obama hasn't shown any violent tendencies, and Bush would be very well protected from any attempts of destruction, even if they were by Barack Obama. The fact that "Bush did nothing," which is untrue and unsupported, has nothing to do with this debate. Likewise, their speaking abilities, Obama being "better at everything" (which is also unsupported in your argument), and the War in Iraq are completely irrelevant as you stated them in your argument. As I said before, Bush would not be destroyed in either definition of the word: fragmented or "completely" defeated.
Lucky120

Pro

See this is the problem I am not talking about violence at all. This is the problem. Two in some of our native tongue that is why English is a hard language you will not understand. Three I am getting back to the debate in our last round you said nothing about bush wining either and that is what i am looking for. We are not on violence we are on winning an election. One man that has done what he said he was going to do vs. another man that lied and just ran this Country into more debt and not just that put us in another country that does not want our help.

This debate is not about violence nor killing only wining and the thing is all people that speak English do not speak the same or as we say one word can mean several different meanings for us. right now I don't have a debater.
thatsbalone

Con

First of all, it's perfectly obvious that you think the English language is hard to understand, and you don't need to tell us that you have trouble speaking it.
If you were looking for a debate about the winner of an Obama-Bush election, you shouldn't have made your premise: "President Obama would destroy Bush in an election".
You're right: we're not "[debating] on violence," but we're also not debating about bush winning or losing an election. This debate is about whether or not Obama would destroy Bush in an election. As I have given points on why Obama would not destroy bush in an election and you have not disputed them or given any evidence to the contrary, I clearly am debating at a higher level than you. I suggest that next time you instigate a debate you know what you want to debate about.
Lucky120

Pro

I don't have trouble, but I am pretty sure you do.

One point i have to make like I made before Obama made a point and promised America a lot of things and I have the list to prove it. Here is the first 100 days of Barrack obama in office, because i know you are to familiar with them. A now he is doing a 4 nation tour around Asia. For someone that has kept every promise in the book if Bush was to run again yeah he would not win.

http://www.time.com...

oh and here is bush time line as well
http://www.cnn.com...

All this i just looking at what is going on today and if they were to face off in the future. Which that won't happen, but yeah looking at what Bush did and now what Obama is doing. Obama has it all in the bag.

Now i am done!!!!
thatsbalone

Con

Okay, finally you provide a bit of evidence! However, you failed to tie your evidence to your premise, which is that Barack (note: not "Barrack") would "destroy Bush in an election". I have shown that Obama wouldn't destroy Bush in an election and you offered no argument. Also please work on your typing skills.
Thanks for this debate.

VOTE CON!
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
I do not think that either of you did a good job. But I think that Con won.
Posted by DocFarrell 7 years ago
DocFarrell
i think all of your debates are well educated but come on baby you guys know better you all suck
Posted by DebateStorm 7 years ago
DebateStorm
The media has been ENTIRELY biased against Bush, and every action he committed was scrutinized and criticized. However, Obama has walked into the White House, pre-ordained, with the liberal media completely biased towards him. So far he has not accomplished anything in his time being President but is still revered as if he were God.
Posted by wonderwoman 7 years ago
wonderwoman
Horrible but I would've used the electoral college as a contention
Posted by Lucky120 7 years ago
Lucky120
Thank you I am use to doing speech debats lol
Posted by philosphical 7 years ago
philosphical
Go bush!

(Am not talking about the president)
Posted by Chrysippus 7 years ago
Chrysippus
Dreadful debate...

"Bush did not do nothing his first 100 days in office..."

...shudder...

My RFD:
C: tied.
SP/G: Con, easily.
A: Con, also unquestionably. Pro, read a few dozen debates from members on the leader board before you post another; it'll be a great learning experience for you. Also, here: http://www.debate.org...
S: tied.

Welcome to DDO, thatsbalone!
Posted by thatsbalone 7 years ago
thatsbalone
I've only got 1000 characters for each round, so I'd like to say here thanks for the debate opportunity! It's my first one so it should be interesting. Also, I'd like to point out that I'm a supporter of Barack Obama and am just playing devil's advocate here :)
Posted by Lucky120 7 years ago
Lucky120
oh yeah that would be the only way.
Posted by debater-hater 7 years ago
debater-hater
Not if Bush rigged it!
Vote Placed by thatsbalone 7 years ago
thatsbalone
Lucky120thatsbaloneTied
Vote Placed by Mixer 7 years ago
Mixer
Lucky120thatsbaloneTied
Vote Placed by Strikeeagle84015 7 years ago
Strikeeagle84015
Lucky120thatsbaloneTied
Vote Placed by MrHardRock 7 years ago
MrHardRock
Lucky120thatsbaloneTied
Vote Placed by Chrysippus 7 years ago
Chrysippus
Lucky120thatsbaloneTied
Vote Placed by XimenBao 7 years ago
XimenBao
Lucky120thatsbaloneTied
Vote Placed by philosphical 7 years ago
philosphical
Lucky120thatsbaloneTied
Vote Placed by Lucky120 7 years ago
Lucky120
Lucky120thatsbaloneTied