Lightkeeper
eddietastic

President of the USA - place of birth

Lightkeeper

Con

Resolution: "The requirement that in order for a person to be President of the USA he or she must be born in the USA is fair, just and reasonable"

I am against this resolution. I will let my opponent formulate his argument first.
eddietastic

Pro

the res a president of the united states must be born in the usa must and will fall for the following one reasons being sometimes the best rulers are not from the country in question

1. native does not necessarily be the best
being an immigrant myself i know that being born in a country doesnt mean that you are the best suited for a job for government. many people are able to pick up the customs of living in a country and how they should rule it very quickly. for example within the second or third year of coming to canada i was able to speak passable english and i knew lots of the vernacular. furthermore, i was also quite a bright student and i was voted class president many different times showing that one does not have to be native in order to govern the best.many people are famous for being born from different countries yet they rule justly. for example the famous arnold in california was born in europe but he is considered by many as a great governor. lets go back to the very start of canada, where a great ruler brought about the start of a great country, john a macdonald. john was actually born in glasgow, a very far place from canada, and he was a famous prime minister for his fairness and the way he handled many of the things he faced.
Lightkeeper

Con

It is clear that my opponent has here misunderstood my position and in fact attempted to argue it himself.

I therefore propose that this debate be forfeited by both parties and no votes put either for myself or for my opponent.

Thank you for your understanding.
eddietastic

Pro

fine im srry i didnt read it
Lightkeeper

Con

No no, it's ok. I'm just saying I don't want anyone to vote on this. There's no point running a debate because we've wasted a round just to decide we both have the same position. It's all good :)
Lightkeeper

Con

And I'll say nothing again in this round, except just remind people that this is not to be voted on because it's a misunderstanding :)
eddietastic

Pro

eddietastic forfeited this round.
Posted by Lightkeeper 8 years ago
Lightkeeper
already posted
Posted by eddietastic 8 years ago
eddietastic
oops sorry about that dont worry ill just do the other side then i dont mind just post your arguements again and ill do the other side
Posted by Lightkeeper 8 years ago
Lightkeeper
Thank you for your reply. It seems that you misunderstand my position. I am against the resolution. I want to argue that it is not fair, just or reasonable that a person should have to be born in the USA if they are to be able to be President. It seems you agree with me and we can't have a debate.