lannan13
thedebatekid

Presidential Debate; Lannan13 vs. The debate kid

lannan13

lannan13

Pro

Welcome to the presidential debate. I'm Lannan13 and I represent the republican party.
Rules
Cussing isn't poor conduct it's actually encorage
no ff.
Other members on this site can bring up questions in the comments and they must be answered unless it is past round 4.
In this debate you will bring up your running mate in round 2.
The main issues in this debate will be but are not limited to abortion, gay marriage, deficet, drones, foreign policy, voting rights, welfare, social security, electorial system, and more.
In first round you must state your Moto.
First round you state your party and where you're from. Other then that it's acceptance. No new arguements made after round 4.
Your Vice President canidate must be from Debate.org
Feel Free to ask questions any time.

I'm Lannan13 and I'm from Topeka, Kansas and I'm here to work for you.
thedebatekid

Con

I am TheDebateKid, and I will fight against you... wait that came out wrong.
lannan13

Pro

First I will state my platform then I'll name my running mate.

1. Abortion
As a traditional Republican I'm pro-life. I'm even against birth control, because I believe that a child is a child when it is conceived. But if elected president I will not ban abortion, the only laws that I'll push forward is that the child must have permission from their parents in order to have the abortion. Also if the father leaves her we'll have him join the military for getting the women pregent.

2. Gay Marriage
I'm against gay marriage, but this is one position that I won't touch if I'm elected. I personal believe it is morally wrong, but this is a topic to be left up to each individual state via the 10th Amendment of the United States Constitution. http://www.usconstitution.net......

3. Voting Rights
this is an area that action must be taken. Many states still have hundreds of dead people registered to vote and the death of that person should automatically take them off the registered list. http://marylandreporter.com...... However, if the person turns out to still be alive then they'll have to register again, that's all. We should also crack down on voter fraud so we can ensure a fair election and democratic system.

4. Foreign Policy
Iran and Israel- We need to make sure Iran doesn't get the nuclear weapon, however, the status quo still isn't working. To more correctly answer the question if I get called by the Israeli Minister and they say their jets are going to bomb Iran. I would say, "We're right behind you." We must support Israel since it is our greatest ally. Iran must be stopped, but only if they continue to go against the United States. As a matter of fact Iran has been at war with the U.S. since 1977 through the declaration in their constitution, but Congress hasn't recognized it so it isn't a full war... yet.
Syria- We must help the rebels, but we can't do this until they have identified themselves. Until then we must continue cleaning up around the area such as Jordan, and Turkey.
North Korea- North Korea is a nation lost in the dark, but my question is why the U.S. take action against them hasn"t since they are attempting to get IBCMs weapons. We must at the minimum put a global embargo on North Korea.

5. Welfare & Social Security
Welfare- First off it might come as a surprise to you, but I'm not going to abolish or even cut welfare. I'm going to have required that the people in receiving welfare must participate in community service or fill out at least 10 applications a month.
Social Security- I believe social security should be abolished. For the reason that people should be able to control their own retirement and not leave it in the hands of Wall St. sharks and the greedy government.

6. Drones
I believe that the use of drones is great and that the U.S. should continue to use such technology. It keeps our brave soldiers out of harm"s way instead of killing them in a hostile environment.

7. Deficit
Today the government is in debt over $16 trillion dollars and it"s growing by the second. We must do something now or our children will be stuck in a world of hurt because we"re here spending like crazy. Now what I purpose the government does is that we go back to the ideals of Alexander Hamilton. We pay back some of our debt and get it back to the pre-Bush era, but don"t pay it all back. We could easily start by stop importing large amounts of oil from the Middle East and instead get most of our oil from the motherland, right here at home. We can use the money saved from oil to help pay back debt and more. The U.S. should implement Platinum coins but don"t distribute them to the public, but distribute them to China and other nations to pay off our debt in order to avoid inflation. We should also bring jobs back to the U.S. so we can finally stop realying on other nations for goods.

8. Electoral System
I believe that the electoral collages should tally votes, but the electoral votes shouldn"t be counted to win the election, but instead the popular vote should win the election.

9. Gun Control
I am against gun control of any forums. I"m grief stricken by the Sandy Hook shooting and the two cops that got killed in my home town, (http://www.cnn.com......) but guns don"t kill people, people kill people. If guns killed people then how on Earth could people walk out of a gun show unscaved?

My running mate is ConservativePolitico http://debate.org......
If my opponent has any questions please ask, or you can bring up any new issues that you believe that I missed.
thedebatekid

Con

Abortion: Pro choice but against late term abortion. I think everyone can agree that late term abortion is kind of messed up

Gay Marriage: For it, straight people treat marriage like crap anyways. Marriage use to mean you could sell your daughter to a stranger in exchange for three goats and a chicken and that the definition of marriage evolved. This should mean that a little change should be fine.

Voting rights: There are more shark attacks on people then there is Voter fraud, its a non issue and to exert effort to try to fix it whent heres so much sh*t to fix is laughable.

Foreign Policy:Now I don't think Sanctions are the best. There are better ways to handel foreign conflicts. We don't need another needless war in the Middle East. They are definitely to costly and not worth the trouble.

Syria: Let them sort it out, theyre doing pretty good now anyways and again, we dont need another needless war in the Middle East

North Korea: Same idea as Lannan.

Welfare Social Security: Reform it until it is efficient and profitable. Its an answer that is vague enough to work and far less drastic then Lannan's idea. We should raise the retirement age and that should even things out a little.

Drones: Still use them but reign in how frequently they are used to curb civilian deaths. Otherwise we may end up pissing off countries that were our allies and have a much bigger problem on our hands.

Deficit: We need to stop needless spending. If i have the choice to save me money for college, fro a car, fro my future or to buy that new video game. I would want to save that money. I will reign in needless spending and push for a balanced spending amendment.

Electoral System: I agree that the electoral collages should tally votes. That way the people have more of a say in who goes into office. Not only what a handful of people think, a whole state, a whole country fighting to get the right person in office.

Gun control: We wil not take out guns. All we need to do is enforce increased background checks for purchasing guns and leave it at that. Its something that all sides can agree on that doesnt go too far.
lannan13

Pro

1. Abortion
I agree late term abortion is really screwed up! My opponent is missing the fact that we need parental permission before any abortion or you're going to see a mass wave of murderous abortions for no reasons.

2. Gay Marriage
I'm offended that that f*cking pagan that I'm running against is disgracing the sacred art of marriage. This is the reason America is screwed up is because we have turned from God and nations that go against God don't go very well just look at USSR and North Korea. We should continue to let states to decide the legal status of Gay Marriage.

3. Voting Rights
My opponent says that there is more shark attacks then Voter fraud. Well that's a fVcking lie
http://www.slate.com...
(Before 2012 election). So you can see there is a screwed up democratic system in America. What we need is to get dead people off registry and we need to require a photo ID to knock down those status.

4. Foreign Policy
Syria- We need to see how the Syrians sort it out but there has just been too much deaths. The war against terror hasn't been a failure because we’ve killed Bin Laden and we haven’t seen a terrorist attack on US soil since 9-11.

North Korea- We agree.

5. Welfare & Social Security

We agree that welfare needs to be reformed but my opponent needs to state how we need it to be reform it! The people have the right to know what their government is doing behind closed doors. On Social Security we should destroy it or reform it substantially!

6. Drones

The only reasons that they are p*ssing other countries off is because the only time we use them is when the terrorists come out. They come out at weddings of their family members so that is why you here all the time, “Child and 2 women killed in drone strike!” ALL THE TIME! So we must continue our use in order to keep terrorists at bay.

7. Deficit

Indeed we need to eliminate needless spending. That’s why I proposed the destruction of Social Security… But we need to better our economy while we’re at it so that’s why we need to bring jobs back, start off shore drilling (stop reliance on foreign oil), and use the Platinum coin to pay back China! We also need to keep inflation down so people can afford crap again and we can improve our relations with the Latinos.

8. Electoral System

My opponent agrees with me.

9. Gun Rights

No we should leave the status quo as is everything is fine it’s just that the wrong people get their hands on guns.

thedebatekid

Con

thedebatekid forfeited this round.
lannan13

Pro

All points extended. I would like my opponet to state who his Vice president is.
thedebatekid

Con

Sorry, got grounded. Can't debate. Schedual a rematch. Later. I'll be on whenever i can. But thats mostly never. Vote pro.
lannan13

Pro

All points extended vote Pro as my opponet says.
thedebatekid

Con

Thank you for the opportunity. Please coordinate with me for a rematch in future time. Vote Lannan13 for president.
Posted by thedebatekid 4 years ago
thedebatekid
but the warrden lets me free monday, on probation fo course.
Posted by thedebatekid 4 years ago
thedebatekid
lol i know. horrible president
Posted by LaL36 4 years ago
LaL36
Wow what a bad president. Gets grounded. I just gave pro a good argument.
Posted by thedebatekid 4 years ago
thedebatekid
Thank you. Imabench is my VP. btw.
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Thats where the VP comes in ;D
Posted by thedebatekid 4 years ago
thedebatekid
This is a problem because i to am Republican. I agree with some of his argumetns and cantgo against them whole heartedly.
Vote Placed by morgan2252 4 years ago
morgan2252
lannan13thedebatekidTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to pro because of FF. Pro had more convincing arguments and some sources, as opposed to con who had none.
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
lannan13thedebatekidTied
Reasons for voting decision: This is why I dont like being VP.....
Vote Placed by likespeace 4 years ago
likespeace
lannan13thedebatekidTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit and concession.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 4 years ago
bladerunner060
lannan13thedebatekidTied