HolyShearim
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Princess Rebekah should be initiated as the All powerful Chairwoman of the World

SPENCERJOYAGE14

HolyShearim

Pro

(NOTE: THIS DEBATE IS AN INSIDE JOKE - PLEASE DO NOT BE OFFENDED)

The World is crumbling as we speak. Civil war ravages Syria, Putin cracks down on homosexuals in Russia, China continues to warmonger against Japan, the EU continues on it's path into a wretched black hole of economic despair, and whales die by the millions in North America.

Indeed, in such a dark hour, we need decisive leadership. In the points below, I will be outlining the current situation and all it's horrors, present a plan, and the advantages of the plan.

FACT 1 - Princess Rebekah is a good person and president.

Princess Rebekah has time and time again shown her prowess, here on DDO, and in my own real-life debate club. She aspires to become a president, and has already made good decisions.. that I will be outlining in the round.

HARM 1 - Too many world leaders and countries

The world is constantly squabbling because we have too many independent leaders and countries with their own agenda. For example, the middle east. They are constantly fighting amongst themselves.

HARM 2 - Current government sucks.

Yeah. Moving on.

Now, with all those harms in the current status quo, I offer you all the following plan.

MANDATE 1 - ABOLISH ALL GOVERNMENT NATIONAL, AND STATE LEVEL.
SUBPOINT A) Abolish all international and national borders.

MANDATE 2 - REVOKE ALL INTERNATIONAL TREATIES.

MANDATE 3 - ABOLISH THE UNITED NATIONS

MANDATE 4 - GIVE REBEKAH THE TITLE 'CHAIRWOMAN OF THE WORLD AND ALLOW HER TO RULE THE UNIVERSE WITHOUT ANYONE TO GET IN HER WAY.

MANDATE 5 - MOVE THE SEAT OF WORLD GOVERNMENT TO TOKYO, JAPAN

This plan that I have presented will allow the following advantages to ensue.

Advantage 1: Better government.

With Princess Rebekah as Chairwoman of the world, we will have much more decisive leadership - and, because current government sucks, Rebekah will be allowed to make the decisions best for us without anyone stopping her.

Advantage 2: More 'My Little Pony' and chainsaws.

Princess Rebekah was interviewed yesterday and she declared that when promoted to the position of Chairwoman, she would air My Little Pony TV shows all over the World on huge TV screens. And, she will arm each individual with chainsaws to protect themselves.

Finally, our Advantage 3: Tokyo is a great capital.

A) Japan is safe. Granted, lately there are many reports in the news about murders, abuse, and rapes. But compared to other developed countries, Japan is a very safe country. The region around Tokyo and Yokohama is a huge metropolis where more than 30 million people live. Yet, you can walk around late at night alone without any problem. This is not something you couldn't do in many parts of Paris, London, or New York.

B) Great Japanese food. Everyone has heard about Sushi and Sashimi by now. In Japan people refer to the recent increase in popularity of Japanese food abroad as "the Sushi boom". However, Japan has much more to offer. Take Japanese "nabe", "tonkatsu", all kinds of "donburi", noodles, Japanese sweets, osake, umeshu (plum whine), miso soup, all kinds of fish dishes, etc. Eating there is a pleasure, even at affordable prices.

C) Other culture and tourism. In Japan you can live in a wealthy country, with a living standard comparable to or higher than that of many Western countries, and at the same time enjoy an Asian culture.

And don't forget that Japan is a very long country, with plenty of snow to ski in the north in Hokkaido, all the way to a tropical islands in the south in Okinawa.

But even without traveling around you can enjoy Japanese culture. There is Japanese food, and Japanese arts, caligraphy, Bonsai, Wabi and Sabi, Japanese traditional sports like Karate, Judo, Kyudo, and so on. There is Noh and Kabuki theater, some might like anime and manga.

So, for all of these reasons, I would urge a vote for Pro. Thank you.
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

“Among the complications of life caused by the vast complexity of politics, the last thing we to complicate is the law. Laws make sense only within a certain union of thought…” And Lars’ rule does just that. “so it rests that we wish to simplify the system, by simplifying law. As a proponent for simplification, we would ask you to vote for the…” Con side and not Pro “at the end of the round.” -Caleb K.

Response to fact one: There is no evidence behind fact one, just the words “Princess Rebekah has time and time again shown her prowess, here on DDO, and in my own real-life debate club.” Now I would like to ask Mr. Collin, is there any proof that Princess Rebekah is a good person, good friend, or would make a good president let alone “chairwoman of the whole world?” The Con side of this debate has found no reason to believe that Princess Rebekah is a real person, and there is no proof that this person isn’t just a psychotic multi accouter who owns the accounts: imabench, RoyLatham, birdlandmemories, airmax1227, RationalMadman, and Larztheloser.

For con’s purpose I will now Concede harms 1 and 2.

Counter plan. (Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnn)

Mandate 1:Abolish all government national, and state level.

a) Abolish all international and national borders.

Mandate 2 - Revoke all international treaties.

Mandate 3 -Abolish the United Nations

Mandate 4 - Give Lars D-King, the title 'Chairman of the World’ and allow him to rule the universe without anyone to get in his way.

Mandate 5 – If anything ever happens to Lars D-King Princess Rebekah will take his place.

Mandate 6 - Give Sophie K. the abilities the FDA had but on a worldwide scale so she may ban GMO salmon and other poor excuses of food.

Mandate 7 - Give Mr. Collin the presidency of Green Peace and PEETA.

Mandate 8 - Give Caleb K. All the equipment he needs to continue writing epic music. Also to hold him back in school for the rest of his life so he can continue to be Rebekah’s amazing debate partner.

Mandate 9 - Give Calvin K. and Grace E. any type of cool matching debate suits/dresses so that they can continue to rock STOA in their amazingly hot styles.

Mandate 10 - Give Trinity K. All the pink sparkly things she wants in life.

Mandate 11 - Give Noah P. The abilities to go watch any sports game with full travel costs paid and the best seats provided also have him be taught by the best sports announcer alive.

Mandate 12 – Give the woman who rewrote ‘My Little Pony’ a global peace prize.

Mandate 13 - Give Con the right to give random stuff anytime. Lol.

Mandate 14 - Move the seat of world government to Tokyo, Japan

Mandate 15 – Blow up anyone who votes Pro.

Mandate 16 – Plan takes place as soon as you cast a negative ballot.

Mandate 17 – Obama will carry out this plan.

Advantage 1: Better government.

(a) With Lars D-King as Chairman of the world, we will have much more decisive leadership - and, because current government is idiotic, Lars will be allowed to make the decisions best for us without anyone stopping him.

(b) Our government will be extremely liberal. Gay marriage will be legalized, guns will be taken away, and abortions will also be legalized. Yay! *^^*

(c) With a worldwide government the laws will be streamlined.

Advantage 2: More 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic' and less chainsaws and other extremely pointy sticks.

Lars D-King has an extreme love for ‘My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic’ and he would air ‘My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic’ TV shows all over the world on gargantuan television screens. If Princess Rebekah was ‘Chairwoman’ of the world she would as shown in Pro’s last speech air ‘My Little Pony’ all over the world. All the fandom of bronies would agree 100% that ‘My Little Pony’ is the world’s worst TV show ever created on the face of the earth. And also, Lars D-King would ban all individuals from chainsaws and all other pointy sticks to protect themselves. *^^*

Advantage 3: Guaranteed religious freedoms.

^Sums it up.

Advantage 4: Children would be forced to all go to Lars’ school where they can grow up to be like their hero Lars.

Stalin will be happy.

Advantage 5: Lars could finally be president of debate.org.

(a) He would work on bugs like he does in edeb8.com.

Lars does an amazing job with the bugs on edeb8, Juggle, not so much.

(b) He would ban multi accounts and add spammers.

It took all the debate.org mods 13 hours to ban ONE add spammer!

Advantage 6: He would continue to give children their dreams come true.

There once was a sweet little boy in the United States of America, and he liked making music. He would write it with his time off and he was extremely creative. Anyways, Lars was his first follower outside of his state. To tell you the truth, Lars was his first follower outside of the continent and made the little boy very happy indeed. Lars can also help children like STALIN who want to live under a communist government change their minds.

Advantage 7: Lars would kick Justin Bieber off the face of the earth.

No need to sign the ‘deport’ Justin Bieber petition.

Advantage 8: Lars would implement British Parlimentary debate as the accepted style and rename it to ‘Abigail’s bizarre rez debate of awesomeness.’

Finally, Advantage 8: Tokyo is a great capital. <- Conceded. Sushi is the best food ever.

Sum up of the round:

Advantage 1: Better government.

Advantage 8: Tokyo is a great capital.

Original quote: “Among the complications of life caused by the vast complexity of politics, the last thing we wish to complicate is the law. Laws make sense only within a certain union of thought, and the Federal Government IS THAT UNION. And so it rests that we wish to simplify the system, by simplifying law. As a proponent for simplification, we would ask you to vote for the Gov. at the end of the round.” –Caleb K.

HolyShearim

Pro

Sigh... I just can't refute that counterplan.

I will now honorably forfeit this round.
SPENCERJOYAGE14

Con

I would like to thank Mr. Collin for agreeing to debate me on this subject. :) It was fun.
Posted by SPENCERJOYAGE14 3 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
I do?
Posted by Kc1999 3 years ago
Kc1999
Actually Princess Rebekah has a good goal in disestablishing the United Nations.
Posted by SPENCERJOYAGE14 3 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Oh, cool. :) Yeah, it's that or Public Forum. It's about the same right?
Posted by bsh1 3 years ago
bsh1
No--I'm not in Stoa.

I am a member of the NFL and NCFL, where I did some Impromptu and PF, but mostly LD.

I've never heard it called "Team Policy." I've always heard it referred to simply as Policy or Cross-Ex debate.
Posted by HolyShearim 3 years ago
HolyShearim
I do Original Oratory, Extemporaneous, Impromptu, Team Policy Debate, and Parliamentary Debate.

Are you in Stoa?
Posted by SPENCERJOYAGE14 3 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
I do Mars Hill, Extemporaneous, Apologetics, Broadcasting, Storytelling, and Team Policy.
Posted by bsh1 3 years ago
bsh1
You guys do Stoa? What events? You seem very policy-esq in your args.
Posted by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
Okie dokie...
Posted by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
@Godchooseslife: Nevermind. I'll pm you why.
Posted by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
@bird, why the *sigh* lol
Vote Placed by GodChoosesLife 3 years ago
GodChoosesLife
HolyShearimSPENCERJOYAGE14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Counterplan
Vote Placed by larztheloser 3 years ago
larztheloser
HolyShearimSPENCERJOYAGE14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Might as well make it a one point win for the concession. And that counterplan was pretty good too ;)