Don0913
SKINNEDJUMPER

Privacy and Security

Don0913

Con

As seen in our class, governments and companies should have access to information in order to guarantee the access of the public to the services and products they need. People's phone number, e mail address, shopping habits, traveling habits, eating habits, family structure and other preferences can be set and organized in a database that can work intelligently in order to help find missing persons, catch criminals, promote new products, plan strategies for city and country infrastructure etc. Some people don't want to share this information, what are they hiding? I believe that the more we reveal about ourselves, the safer and more prosperous we will be.
SKINNEDJUMPER

Pro

Privacy is the most important thing we own. Even do it's not expensive and is not something you must get it is to be careful with, because people may use it for stuff you don't like. An example of this is when people use your images to create false face book profiles just to add people and then stealing your information. This is a little problem compared with all the other things that could happen, they can either kidnap you or even kill you because they can know where your live, where you study, basically everything about you. People should not give away their private information so easily they should be careful with it.
Don0913

Con

It is true that privacy is an important part of a person's life. And this should be guarded by the appropriate people. We must put our trust in proper sections of private and public nature so that they can help us go on with our way of life. Who will support you if someone in your family is missing? Who can find an object that has been stolen from you if everything about you is secret? Something else that is important is the fact that we have already been giving information out to different companies and agencies without our knowledge. How do we know they will use our information correctly? We need to approve an organization or instance that can protect us by having information. Only in this way will we feel that we can buy, sell, travel, work etc. with the certainty that our data will be protected.
SKINNEDJUMPER

Pro

SKINNEDJUMPER forfeited this round.
Don0913

Con

Don0913 forfeited this round.
SKINNEDJUMPER

Pro

SKINNEDJUMPER forfeited this round.
Don0913

Con

Don0913 forfeited this round.
SKINNEDJUMPER

Pro

SKINNEDJUMPER forfeited this round.
Don0913

Con

Don0913 forfeited this round.
SKINNEDJUMPER

Pro

SKINNEDJUMPER forfeited this round.
Posted by JoseCToscano 3 years ago
JoseCToscano
I beleive there should be a balance in this. We should not be sharing all of our personal inforation, because anyone could now where we are, where we live, where we study, who are our friends and alost everything about us. We should only give some of our information so that it can make things easier and also that the government can know information of everybody and keep us sfe. This are the reasons why I beleive that there should be a balance in the information we give and share with other people.
Posted by MenimeSaransh 3 years ago
MenimeSaransh
I would love to see you guys arguing about more broader issues as the agency with the databank selling it to the corporations or maybe manipulating your vote in the elections, think about these things.
Posted by cristina_lobera 3 years ago
cristina_lobera
I believe that privacy is a very contradictory topic because there is many people that think their personal life's should be private, just like their conversations, their daily life, etc. But like Donovan said "What are they hiding?", if people didn't have anything do hide it would mean they weren't doing anything against the law and that would make many places safer.
Posted by yimia 3 years ago
yimia
I think that our privacy is important to remain to ourselves, because it is our private information and you may not want anyone to be stocking you or just simply be looking stuff about you. Privacy is one of the people"s rights and they should decide if they want to share it and with who. In the other side I do agree that giving information can sabe you from being robbed or anything else, because by exposing information (if you are a good guy, with nothing to hide) people will know that you are a good person. Sharing your provacy can be good and bad at the same time.
Posted by rens 3 years ago
rens
i agree with both but i agree most of all with this quote / I don't have anything to hide. But I don't have anything I feel like showing you, either (Daniel J. Solove) there is a point where this need to stop there are places where there is essential to have your information but netflix listening to your phone calls thats just stupid.
Posted by magda27 3 years ago
magda27
Privacy is important, and its deserves protection. No publishing your information do not means your are hiding something, it only means that you don`t what to share something that is not other people busyness. Sometime everything you share may be used against you, just to ruin your life or the ones around you, like family or friends.
Posted by itzia_velarde 3 years ago
itzia_velarde
I think it"s important to keep in mind that your security and safety depends on what you share and what you said. Users have the right to to decide if they want to share personal information or not. People can find criminals or bad people with the police, that"s their job!
No one have the right to hear or see personal information of other people if they don"t let you or allow you.
Be aware of what you post and on what you said and share.
Posted by willycolombian 3 years ago
willycolombian
I dont agree with juan pedro because he is a gymnast and that kind of people is not nice. I think that security need to be the priority of the society, There are politics that help protect our personal information. I trust that this politics are enough to protect us.
Posted by cecisanchezvirgen 3 years ago
cecisanchezvirgen
In my opinion, people should first of all read the terms and conditions of a contract. Sometimes they are not even interested in reading it and they just click " I accept". I agree that companies know your personal information for a good reason, this way they can have a control and investigate you if you are a suspect of a crime. If you don't have nothing to hide there is not problem that you share your personal information.
Posted by Erickociclista 3 years ago
Erickociclista
I think that the privacy is the one of the most important things that we own in the actual society that we live in. In our daily lifes we are threatened by many people that want to attack us by using some methods, if we loose our privacy, it would be easier for them to attack us because they know our personal information such as our family members, our fears, things we like or disllike, and this is an advantage for them because they maybe know where do you live. So maybe the goverment uses that information for good purposes, but on the actual government that we live on there is lots of corruption and the info can be easely divulged.