Private Handgun ownerships should be outlawed

That abolishing handgun ownership for citizens and people besides the authorities or agencies. I believe it will reduce crimes, accidents, and save money and effort towards authorities. Children are affected by this law they could have emotional or psychological illness adults also. Gun control in America is bad people all over the country have guns that abuse it or misuse it in a bad way. For example, In 2010, guns took the lives of 31,076 Americans in homicides, suicides and unintentional shootings. This is the equivalent of more than 85 deaths each day and more than three deaths each hour.1
73,505 Americans were treated in hospital emergency departments for non-fatal gunshot wounds in 2010.2
Firearms were the third-leading cause of injury-related deaths nationwide in 2010, following poisoning and motor vehicle accidents.3
Guns were used in 11,078 homicides in the U.S. in 2010, comprising almost 35% of all gun deaths, and over 68% of all homicides.6
On average, 33 gun homicides were committed each day for the years 2005-2010.7

I accept the debate.

I assume that, because my opponent has argued based on the statistics pertaining to gun homicide in the United States, my opponent means that private handgun ownership should be outlawed in the United States by the statement in the title.

The argument pertains to handgun ownership prohibition. My opponent lists statistics pertaining to all guns, not just handguns (which were never specified). I assume this because as there is no specification in my opponent's statistics as to which type of gun is being referred to. I have to conclude that my opponent refers to all types of gun collectively through the use of his statistics.

My opponent is arguing against handguns, according to his position and the title of this debate.

For my opponent to make a case against handguns in particular, in terms of gun violence, he would have to show how prohibiting ownership of handguns by private individuals would achieve lesser rates and cases of gun violence.

Why should I or any other person accept an anti-handgun position until a case is made against handguns in particular?

My opponent's assertion that "Private Handgun ownerships should be outlawed" is not currently backed by any evidence pertaining to handguns in particular in this debate. Therefore, as my opponent has yet to prove the statement given in the title, I do not require evidence for my position on handguns. I can merely dismiss my opponent's claim because it lacks data pertaining solely to handguns.

As my opponent kindly argued about my arguments specifications that handguns like a barreta or M9 for example should be outlawed for private ownership uses due to the vast majority of the united states gun ownership is common and there is a high percentage of people misusing it or involved in a death or injury accident or incident. That my evidence is to prove to my opponent in the first argument it specifies.

Thanks, Pro.

Pro asserts, to quote him:

"handguns like a barreta or M9 for example should be outlawed for private ownership uses due to the vast majority of the united states gun ownership is common and there is a high percentage of people misusing it or involved in a death or injury accident or incident."

Am I to take it that only Beretta handguns (M9 handguns are manufactured by Beretta) (1) should be banned from private hands, according to my opponent? If so, then surely Pro has already negated the statement in the title through his own argument.

If Pro is not proposing a ban of just Beretta handguns, but handguns of other make besides Beretta, then which ones are "like" Beretta handguns? Perhaps more specification is needed.

If my opponent is not making such a claim that only Beretta handguns should be banned from private ownership, and rather that all handguns should be banned from private ownership, well, why should that be so?

Based on my interpretation of my opponent's argument, Pro has not yet given any evidence against private handgun ownership. Pro seems only to have thanked me for pointing out the need for specification, and indicated that he agrees he must present statistics that pertain solely to handguns. He has not seemed to actually make an argument against private handgun ownership. As no argument against handgun ownership has been given, I do not need to address an argument against private handgun ownership.

17abdallahsalah forfeited this round.

My opponent has forfeited. I hope the voters will take this into consideration.

I extend all of my above arguments, of course, and thank my opponent for instigating the debate.

Vote Con!

Posted by debate_power 1 year ago
Yay I win
Posted by debate_power 1 year ago
There is no reason to collectively punish or impose preemptive measures on everyone based on the past.
Posted by Jonnykelly 1 year ago
Baretta or M9?

First off its Beretta, and the M9 is the military designation for the Beretta 92fs.

So learn your field before you attempt to debate on it.

You speak of all these gun homicides, and all I can think of is how thankful I am that I own firearms. Because none of those murderers will ever be able to take me, as they will be able to take you.
Vote Placed by Lexus 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: ff and pro didn't fulfill BoP