Private Schools Should Have Their Students Wear Uniforms
First round is for acceptance.
Private School - a school supported by a private organization or private individuals rather than by the government.
Student - a person who is studying at a school or college.
Other definitions will be used within context of the resolution.
No semantics; this is a serious debate. No trolling will be tolerated.
This is the argument from my former account xXCryptoXx. This argument was not plagiarized; for it is my own work being used on this account that I created.
1. Uniforms may increase a student’s self esteem because they do not have to worry constantly to be better dressed than those around them.  Many kids are discouraged by the fact that they don't own, or cannot afford some of the clothing other kids can. Uniforms put all kids at the same level, and takes that much more stress off the students that cannot afford the latest "fashion".  By implementing uniforms confidence is boosted and negative peer pressure is eliminated. Over 75% of schools that implemented school uniforms noticed a drop in peer pressure. 
2. Uniforms improve learning by not allowing kids to be distracted. Clothes can be a huge distraction when you are in the classroom, especially if you are bored. Kids always want to know what others are wearing and even judge other students over it. Uniforms eliminate this problem and helps kids to stay focused in class.
5. Bullies like to pick on kids who are lesser than them, and therefore tend to pick on kids who do not wear quality or popular clothes. By implementing school uniforms this problem is solved. School uniforms encourage discipline through neatness, order, and equality among students. 
6. School uniforms encourage creative forms of self expression. Since students lose the ability to express themselves in certain ways through the clothes they were, they will be more likely to express themselves through things such as their personality, academic performance, clubs, and sports. It pushes students to put themselves out there.
7. School uniforms reduce violence and student behavioral problems.  Long Beach, California District School held a study comparing violence and behavioral problem rates among students before and after uniforms were implemented. In the five years following the implementation of school uniforms there was an 86% drop in violent assaults. Vandalism cases dropped from 1409 to 106.  The U.S. Department of Education also found that school crime decreased 36%, sexual offenses decreased 74%, and fights between students dropped 51% after school uniforms were implemented. Almost 80% schools that implemented school uniforms noticed an improvement in student discipline.  Schools that implemented school uniforms also showed to have a higher graduation rate and attendance rate than schools without school uniforms.  
School uniforms have helped improve schools, as emphasized by one study that finds that “various benefits to wearing uniforms were reported, including decreases in discipline, gang involvement and bullying; and increases in safety, eases of going to school, confidence and self-esteem. Additionally, school police data showed a 63 percent reduction in police log reports during the first year of implementation. Other decreases were noted in reports of gang-related activities and student fights, along with graffiti, property damage, battery and administrative assist. “
ScrinTech forfeited this round.
ScrinTech forfeited this round.
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||6||0|