diehardrepublican
CommunistDog

Private buisness are allowed to not make certain products

diehardrepublican

Pro

I saw one of your(briantheliberal) comments on an opinion post and would like to debate it with you.

The issue was specifically concerning whether a baker who owns a private business should be allowed to discriminate against serving gays. I would like to say I agree with you 100% as a black republican that gays or anybody else should be discriminated against. This opens racism and other unethical issues.

However I do believe that bakers or any other owners of a private buinsess entity should be forced to make products that do not comply with their values. For instance while the baker cannot refuse to serve gays , if they dont make cakes that for instance have gay figurines that person(s) is(are) out of luck. Whether it is a straight person who wants the cake for lets say a surprise gift for a gay couple, the baker has a right to refuse. I believe this is not discriminating on sexual orientation just refusing to make a particular product. If a gay baker who believes that everybody should be gay(just an example not meant to offend ANY gays, in fact I have never met a gay like this before) decides only to make gay figurines and a straight or gay person wants a straight figurine then they too are out of luck. If a Muslim who does not eat pork opens a restaurant that decides not to serve pork to anybody regardless of religion, or race then is it considered discrimination not to make pork to somebody who believes that one can only eat pork(again very hypothetical example but is possible however humorously not sustainable)? I believe it is not discrimination to not give this man pork because the shop-owner does not wish to serve pork to him or anyone else for that matter. I hope you will engage in this debate with me as you seem to be a very persuasive but slightly emotional debater.

Also you had an intriguing concept,that from my knowledge is not the norm of what constitutes a private buisness entity. If you could please cite your sources for that claim and define that and any other definitions for the argument in Round 1 that would be great. I will send you a message whether I agree or disagree. I am excited to discuss this exciting topic with you.

Viewers you too are not only encouraged but expected to comment and take a stance because I would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

Please excuse any careless spelling and/or grammatical errors if applicable.

With respect, admiration, and curiosity,
the "diehardrepublican"
CommunistDog

Con

I will post my main argument on the next round.
Be advised. My argument is made solely on history.
diehardrepublican

Pro

I am new to this system and accidentally posted my first points below. So therefore I will just let you post your argument and then we can begin with rebuttals.

NOTE The debate was previously designed with a specific person in mind so some of the quondam segments may not apply to you.
CommunistDog

Con

CommunistDog forfeited this round.
diehardrepublican

Pro

diehardrepublican forfeited this round.
CommunistDog

Con

CommunistDog forfeited this round.
diehardrepublican

Pro

diehardrepublican forfeited this round.
CommunistDog

Con

CommunistDog forfeited this round.
diehardrepublican

Pro

diehardrepublican forfeited this round.
CommunistDog

Con

CommunistDog forfeited this round.
Posted by diehardrepublican 2 years ago
diehardrepublican
FOR MY OPPONENT ONLY
When I said below on Round 2 I meant to say above