abbycate
Texas14

Pro Life

Texas14

abbycate

Pro

I personally am pro-life, I believe it is wrong to kill innocent babies who don't have a choice or say. I believe that it is the job of a mother to protect and take care of her children not brutally murder them. A life is a life whether it is the size of a pea or 300 pounds it is still a life a deserves to live in this world. As soon as the baby is made it has a soul, therefore that souls deserves to live its life. I 100% believe that it is wrong to kill lives who haven't even had the chance to live yet.
Texas14

Con

First of all, I want to thank my opponent for a nice, simple topic that anyone can relate to. I want to point out that I am a pro- choice, conservative Christian. I have thought on this issue a lot l, changed my opinion a lot, but ultimately it comes down to a few points. Here are the points.

Contention 1: Being against abortion and acting on it by voting against abortion is forcing your beliefs upon others.

Again, I am a conservative Christian, yet I am pro choice. Why? Because it is wrong for me to say, "Well I don't agree with the morality of the situation, therefore I will interfere with your right to privacy." Abortion technically is a right of privacy because it a personal choice, so outlawing it is unconstitutional.

Contention 2: There is little to no evidence to say that life begins at conception.

You can say all day that you believe life begins at conception, and I will simply say that it's possible, but there is no scientific research to support that fetuses can sense things at conception. In fact, even when babies are born they have trouble making sense of their 5 senses. Why? Because their brains haven't developed to that point. By the way, that is after birth, not at conception.

Contention 3: It is the mother's body, so it is her choice.

Aside from the right to privacy, which is a key point, there are other choice issues. One is cost, if the mother can't get an abortion, she will probably end up keeping the baby? Why not give it up for adoption? Because most mothers feel immediate responsibility after birth, no matter if they want it or not. This of course can put people into debt, which is the last thing that the common people need.
abbycate

Pro

There is multiple reasons why i am Pro-Life and here is a few of them

1- The process is brutal. All forms of abortion a brutal. Vacuuming, Chopping the baby up and pulling it out, every single form of MURDER to these babies are BRUTAL.

2- Of course they have a soul and a life right at the beginning, there is no way they wouldn't. They also have most of their senses too including pain and hearing. That is why studies are shown that your child becomes more familiarized with you if you talk to the baby while it is in the womb. It also has control of its body It can kick it can move therefore it can feel pain.

3- It is the mothers responsibility to take care of these children. Whether it is keeping the baby or giving the child up for adoption either way the baby gets to live a wonderful life

4-There is a reason why there is such a thing as protection so women don't have to make these decisions. Protection is here for that sole purpose.

5- If you are ready to have sex doesn't that mean you are adult enough to deal with the repercussions. Take responsibilities for your actions don't kill another life because you made a mistake.

I conclude Argument Number 2.
Texas14

Con

A- You cannot prove that abortion and murder, especially when there is scientific evidence to show that they don't have any sense of what is happening.

B- You said that they would have a right to life at the beginning, but then now the burden is on you to prove that life begins at conception, which there is no evidence for.

C- If the parents aren't ready, so they don't keep the baby, or the baby is given up for adoption. You cannot say that they will have a wonderful life. Under the law, life begins at birth, so the mother has the right to control her body.

D- When you say protection, I assume you are talking about condoms and birth control to prevent pregnancy. You cannot expect every man and woman no matter how poor to pay for these. Birth control is expensive. Can everyone pay for it? No. So you can't expect everyone who has sex to use it.

E- You seem to imply that people that get abortions feel entitled to it. This is a last resort for these people my friend, you cannot deny them a certain privacy right.
abbycate

Pro

abbycate forfeited this round.
Texas14

Con

Based on my contentions clearly beating my opponent's, and the fact that he forfeited the last round, con has won today's debate. Vote con.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
Ugh. Where to start? What's being argued here? If we should all be Pro Life? If the Pro Life viewpoint is correct? I don't get any clarity on this from either side. I don't know what to do with this resolution at all, and I don't know what to do with the arguments here, since they're all assertions. Abortion is murder. Life begins at conception. The soul exists and comes into you "right at the beginning". Studies show that any stage of development can "kick" "feel pain" "has control of its body" and can hear. Responsibility requires birthing and caring for a child. The right to privacy is in the constitution. Abortion is not murder because they're not the same. Birth control is expensive. "...you cannot deny them a certain privacy right."

Seriously. Well over half of this debate is nothing but empty assertions, and what little remains is so little explained it might as well be. Pro's case is entirely built upon early death being bad (not sure how bad, but I can assume it's bad, because Con doesn't counter it), and alternatives of adoption and birth control, though I don't know how the latter function except to tell me "these are just as good for the same purpose." Con's case is entirely focused on privacy rights and the right to choose. I buy that birth control is too expensive for everyone because of a lack of response, though Con's response to adoption is... confusing... It's not that great of a point, but it does counter Con's suggestion that the cost is too heavy to care for children.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
So, who do I vote for? Is the death of a potential child more important than privacy rights and rights to choose? I don't find either case very convincing, and under normal circumstances, I'd prefer the former on the basis that it's something solid that I can grasp, while rights are nebulous entities of dubious importance. But that's under normal circumstances. Pro never provides any reasoning for why the potential child has any value whatsoever beyond his assertions, which Con at least questions. Pro never counters Con's assertions regarding rights, and so I'm forced to accept that, to some extent, they're important. On that basis, since they're the only things to get any weight in the debate, I vote Con.
Vote Placed by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
abbycateTexas14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Given in comments. Conduct to Con for the forfeit. Come on guys, give your debates more effort than this in the future. It's not just about your opinions.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
abbycateTexas14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by mishapqueen 1 year ago
mishapqueen
abbycateTexas14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I am pro life, but Con was more convincing and did not forfeit.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
abbycateTexas14Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff a round