Pro gaming should be considered a "sport"

It should I played Team Fortress 2 at a competitive level with a team and it requires alto of hand eye skills and team coordination.
First round is acceptance.

I accept this debate.

P1.It requires skill like other sports.'s competive like other sports.'s like other sports.
conclusion it should be considered a sport

Since Pro did not lay down any definitions I will offer them.

: a contest or game in which people do certain physical activities according to a specific set of rules and compete against each other

: paid to participate in a sport or activity

: the activity of playing computer games

I am arguing professional gaming (gamers paid to participate in tournaments, competitions, etc) should not be considered a sport (a contest or game in which people do certain physical activities).

1. Playing computer games is not a physical activity. A sport requires physical skill and ability. Anything where you're sitting still in a chair isn't a sport. The only physical attributes one needs for computer gaming is hand eye coordination and fingers that possess some form of dexterity, while real sports like basketball, soccer and tennis requires you to use your whole body. Therefore playing computer games is not a sport.

2. Their is no such thing as professional gaming. I never heard of someone investing their money on a gamer/team of gamers to play in a tournament. Gaming teams join tournaments for free or for with a fee. No one is paying them to participate in a tournament and they join tournaments to win and have fun.

3. Computer gaming are not like other sports. EA-sports is games about sports and does not mean that it is a sport. Computer gaming is a computerized game played by manipulating images on a video display or television screen.
Sport is an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

1.clicking a mouse or hitting keys does require skill.
2.It is a physical activity since you have to move your hands.
3.There are many sponsored Pro gaming teams by gaming hardware companies and game developers.
Playing video games at a Professional level requires skill and team coordination and thus should be considered a sport.

"It requires skill like other sports." and "clicking a mouse or hitting keys does require skill"
Does walking require skill? No. Why? Because everyone who are able to use theirs feet and legs can walk. The same thing with clicking and hitting keys. Clicking a mouse and hitting keys does not require skill. Anyone who are able to use their hands and fingers can click a mouse and hit keys. For an action to be considered a skill, the person must be able to do it better than other people.

- the ability to do something well; expertise

"It's competitive like other sports."
I agree that gaming is sometimes competitive like other sports, but it does not require much physical activity.

"It's like other sports."
My third argument will answer this statement.

"There are many sponsored Pro gaming teams by gaming hardware companies and game developers."
You did not cite any sources or examples.

"Playing video games at a Professional level requires skill and team coordination and thus should be considered a sport."
Playing video games though hardly requires any physical activity which is one of the criteria for it to be considered a sport.

TF2PRO forfeited this round.

I rest my case.

Vote Con!
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: I personally believe "Computer Gaming" do need to be considered as sport, As everyone just clicking the mouse and playing randomly just for fun cannot compete and win against skilled players. As Con stated hand eye coordination is very important in computer games but as Pro failed to make sufficient arguments, Con wins the arguments. Conduct points to Con as Pro forfeited Round 4.