AnthonyParker86
CaitlynBrooker

Pro or Against Artificial Lawn Grass and Turf Laying

AnthonyParker86

Con

Artificial turf laying and artificial lawn grass are gaining more and more popularity as a simple way to have grass in your garden. People pay to have the turf installed on their property, and the fact that it requires almost no maintenance seems like a dream come true. But the artificial lawn grass has also many bad sides.
And this is why my position here is Against.
As a person who works for a gardening and landscaping contractor, I've had the oportunity to work with artificial turf, and I've done some research. And it turns out that the bad sides are a lot more than the good ones. Some of the many issues involve lead and zinc hazard, toxic run-off, and let's not even mention that the artificial lawn grass is a bacterial breeding ground, which can be dangerous to people suffering from asthma. Another issue I have with artificial turf is that once you install it, you can't have real grass on that spot again. This is because the toxins in the artificial turf kill all the plantation in the ground and the soil, which makes it impossible to grow anything on it for years.
So, to sum up, I think it's a bad idea to install these things in your garden or front lawn, especially if you can grow real grass instead. Our planet is damaged enough, it doesn't need more issues.

http://www.momsteam.com...
http://www.fantasticgardenersmelbourne.com.au...

CaitlynBrooker

Pro

I have a very different opinion on the matter. There are many regions in the world, where there are water shortages, and people can't afford to water their lawns every single day. In these cases installing artificial turf is practically the only option to have a lawn at all. The facts that it's a lot more durable and you can have a green lawn all year round are also very good reasons to install artificial turf. It's also cheaper to maintain an artificial lawn in the long run. There are also no patches, so you don't have to worry that the whole think looks bad. I'm not saying that there are no bad sides, but the good sides are a lot more.
AnthonyParker86

Con

AnthonyParker86 forfeited this round.
CaitlynBrooker

Pro

CaitlynBrooker forfeited this round.
AnthonyParker86

Con

AnthonyParker86 forfeited this round.
CaitlynBrooker

Pro

CaitlynBrooker forfeited this round.