ZacharyDamon
Schwetzky

Professional Wrestling is more dangerous than MMA or boxing.

ZacharyDamon
Started: 1/30/2012 Category: Sports

ZacharyDamon

Pro

Although pro wrestling is often perceived as being a "fake sport" it has become known that wrestlers constantly wrestle with injuries that would put most boxers & MMA fighters out of the job. Look at Mick Foley, for instance. On his book "Have a Nice Day," he points out that he had 8 concussions, 2/3 of his ear ripped off, broken ribs, over 400 stitches, and many more injuries, and he still wrestles.

Now, look at a professional boxer or MMA fighter. On occassion, the worst injury they face is a broken nose or jaw, rarely a broken bone or concussion. And while a boxer or MMA fighter might only fight a couple times a month, a wrestler does several shows a week.

That's all I have to say in round 1.
Schwetzky

Con

Thank you for making this debate and I would like to start out with refuting my opponents points.
First, my opponent said wrestling is perceived as a fake sport. Well, face it. It IS a fake sport. Pro wrestlers are not wrestlers at all. They are actors. Are they buff? yes. Do they practice? Yes, they practice how the fight will play out. Even the title of pro wrestling proves it is acting: WWE= World Wrestling Entertainment.

My opponents point of wrestlers get injured more proves nothing of the difficulty of the sport. It just proves that they are really good actors.(and willing to get hurt.)

MMA and boxing are real, legit sports that require being in shape and practicing the actual sport. I have no more area to type, good luck,Opponent:)
ZacharyDamon

Pro

Thanks for the luck.

Sure wrestling is a fake sport, but people get hurt all the time, and sometimes the damage is irreversible. Owen Neidhart paralyzed 2 people with his piledriver before being killed himself. Rey Mysterio Jr. had surgery on his leg on multiple ocassions. And during a barbed wire match while still wrestling for the original ECW, Terry Funk nearly lost his life, while his opponent Sabu, had a gash on his bicep so threatening to his immediate health that he actually had to get his manager Paul Heyman to get him tape for a makeshift wrapping. And although MMA and boxing might be real, they do not take even a fraction of the risks that in a year that a professional wrestler takes in 1 night.

Good luck in round 2, Schwetzky.
Schwetzky

Con

Opponent, I do not think you are getting my point. How much you get injured does not tell anyone that it is a hard sport. In baseball, there was a tragic accident where two players sprinted into each other in a head-on-head collision. They were both sent to the hospital. This proves nothing that baseball is a hard sport. And besides. The pro wrestlers PRACTICE and AGREE to get hurt during a match. ITS FOR PUBLICITY. Once again, how they get injured means nothing about the difficulty of the sport.
ZacharyDamon

Pro

Have you ever read the medical reports of wrestlers. Let me put it like this, 95% of the injuries that they wrestle with on a weekly basis would put you and me out of a job. I'm not saying how much it hurts people as compared to injuries. I kind of feel like you weren't listening to my last argument. Yes, they do practice (they often times wrestle 3 to 4 shows a week) and yes, they do agree to get hurt.
But injuries are different. A broken nose, broken jaw, or busted lip or busted eyebrow (injuries commonly faced by MMA fighters and boxers) won't send you to the emergency room immediately. But broken ribs, concussions, herniated discs, and even internal bleeding (injuries commonly faced by pro wrestlers) could cause irreversible damage.
Schwetzky

Con

Honestly, I think you werent listening to me. WHETHER OR NOT YOU GET INJURED SAYS NOTHING TO THE DIFFICULTY OF THE SPORT. I rest my case.
Posted by Schwetzky 5 years ago
Schwetzky
Honestly, I thought the title of the debate was difficulty not danger. So, it is totally fair for me to get no points. But I could've sworn it was difficulty.
Posted by Jhate 5 years ago
Jhate
I have researched about pro wrestling and listend to real sources. In WWE vince mcmahon tells who is gonna win and only tells them how they are gonna win. the wrestlers have to come up with the stuff while wrestling. they talk to each other and tell each other what move they should do. Injuries are not planned. It wasnt planned when owen hart died from an entrance back in the 1900's, it takes training and commitment. its not planned like you think. yes they practice but everything isnt planned. i read this and you kept saying "injuries dont mean a sport its to difficult" this debate is that one sport is more dangerous than the other
Posted by Schwetzky 5 years ago
Schwetzky
This first vote was completely biased cause i think he didnt even read the whole debate. I "rambled" about it being a fake sport because ITS FAKE AND ALL THE NJURIES ARE PLANNED, AGREED ON, AND PRACTICED. It's not like they accidently get hurt. THEY ALREADY KNOW HOW,WHEN, AND WHERE they will be injured. But in MMA or boxing, that's not true
Vote Placed by Jhate 5 years ago
Jhate
ZacharyDamonSchwetzkyTied
Reasons for voting decision: The title of this is Professional wrestling is more dangerous than MMA or boxing, con kept saying that injuries dont make it a difficult sport, this isnt about difficulty, i would also like to put out that, Kurt angle is an olympic gold medalist in wrestling, shelton benjamin wrestled in college, several professional wrestlers have wrestled in college
Vote Placed by johnnyboy54 5 years ago
johnnyboy54
ZacharyDamonSchwetzkyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Whether no not pro wrestling is a sport has no bearing over whether or not it is more or less dangerous than boxing or MMA. Pro showed the risks that professional wrestlers take and con showed nothing. Con simply rambled about how pro wrestling was fake.