Profiling is a normal part of everyday life and helps keep people safe

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Everyone profiles everyone else. Whether it is a concentrated, in-depth profiling or a superficial one, we all do it and it is good for everyone

If you disagree, please state your reasons and LET'S GET IT ON!!!!

Profiling is not a normal part of everyday life. It doesn't keep people safe.

When people are arrested based on suspicious behavior instead than race, police get more suspects.
When using profiling, officers are going to waste their time on innocent people.
People are suppose to feel safe with their policemen, and when the police decide to profile against one group of people, that creates an us verses them feel in that community. The people don't feel safe, and in turn don't contact police to come and investigate possible crimes in the area. They are suppose to be protecting the people who abide by the laws from criminals. If they decide that one race is law-abiding and another race isn't, that creates a huge problem in attaining justice. Besides profiling being morally wrong, it makes officers treat said profiled groups worse because they don't think they'll need as much evidence and believe they will be justified in using excessive force.

It violates the 14th amendment.
Looking forward to what you have to say in Round 2.

Hmmm....interesting. I didn't mention anything about a particular type of career or race, but there you go.

Let me ask you are walking down a residential street one see, up ahead, a group of young men loitering on the corner...hoods up over their heads and pants hovering about 2 inches below their hips. As a group, they all turn and look at you.

Now I know, that as an enlightened person, you will say you will continue walking and not worry about anything because we are all together...but in reality you will either turn around and walk away...or cross to the other side of the street (if you are really dumb).

It is the 70' have your hair grown down to your shoulders. You are sitting in a restaurant (actually a Truck Stop) when a group of 'Cowboys" come in...what do you do?

These are examples of profiling. Do I agree with profiling? Bet your *** I do. I see a guy wearing a coat in August in the Deep South, I will definitely profile that mofo and ask someone to check him out if I don't it myself. I see a guy talking to a kid I'm going to watch until I'm satisfied that they know each other...I see a guy carrying a hunting knife or gun, I'm going to watch them carefully (and, yes, I have a gun and carry with me sometimes)

It is called, being aware and hell with PC and someone getting their feelings huts.

BonoboMoon forfeited this round.

Guess he couldn't take it....I reiterate, profiling is not sexist/racist/*ist. It is as natural as walking down the street. Everyone you meet you 'profile' as to whether or not they are a possible danger to you, a possible sexual conquest, a possible friend, etc.

BonoboMoon forfeited this round.
Posted by BonoboMoon 8 months ago
sorry, i was busy with school and work all week :(
didn't have time to respond

Good debate, congratz on your victory
Vote Placed by FlamboGus 8 months ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-