Progressive Tax Is Bad For The Economy

marymcnamara has forfeited round #1.
Started: 7/31/2016 Category: Economics

The subject is simple.

I. Economic Deterrence

Progressive taxation is bad for the economy because it makes economic deterrence ( This means that the American economy will suffer because the corporations are getting taxed too heavy. There is also the fact that there can be criminal misdoings simply because there are too many taxes. If there are too many taxes, then people will be pushed to take their business outside of the U.S. and start outsourcing labor which hurts the individual even more!

II. Flat Taxes Are Better

If the U.S uses flat taxes, then they'll be able to actually and fairly tax people. 20% is 20%, which makes it equal for everyone. There is also no evidence to support that flat taxes causes wealth gaps because progressive taxes don't stop wealth gaps either. I don't want to make this argument too big so I'lls top here.

Good luck to Con!
Posted by marymcnamara 2 months ago
Sorry for forfeiting the round, I had trouble logging into my account yesterday evening. If you'll let me I can post my evidence here so that you have something to answer for next round
Posted by marymcnamara 2 months ago
I'll post my argument later to tonight
Posted by DavidMancke 2 months ago
The thesis of this publication...

...does not speak to deterrence at all. This article speaks to levels of compliance with taxation and suggests that considering the risks associated with tax evasion, very few people fail to pay taxes.

Right or wrong in his thesis, Feld and Frey aren't even addressing progressive taxation.
Posted by WKOJ 2 months ago
lann, sorry. My days have been clustered because I have a part-time job and I don't have the time to make them that long.
Posted by lannan13 2 months ago
Make the debate 4 rounds and 72 hour response time and I'll take it. Send me the challenge if you do.