KJVPrewrather
Gaston_Barrio

Prolifers showing aborted fetus pictures.

KJVPrewrather

Pro

No pictures of dead babies will be shown, but google aborted baby.
Gaston_Barrio

Con

I am assuming round one id for acceptance, so I will state my position, I am against Pro-life activists showing pictures of aborted babies to people who might consider abortion as a last resort.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

Why do the pictures bother you? Might they have been babies? Do you at least believe in informed consent? Don't women have the right to make informed choices? I believe single payer healthcare funded contraception is the answer, as well. Let's talk prevention, but not a cure. What about the Holocaust? Is it wrong to show these pictures? What about slavery? What about crime scene photos after a crime?
Gaston_Barrio

Con

It's not the fact that it's a fetus or anything. The wrong lies in the fact that the pictures are used to scare people. The pictures are used as a scare tactic to push people over to their side of thinking. It would be the same thing as an Anti-Military protester going to recruiting centers and showing pictures of mutilated veterans or dead bodies, blown up during war. People should be educated, not horrified.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

I'm not an absolutist, I support abortion for the medical health of the mother, I just have a problem with electivly killing human beings.
Gaston_Barrio

Con

Technically, the fetus cannot be classified as a human life until a few months into the pregnancy. I, myself, consider it "alive/human" when the fetus can live outside of the womb. There is a difference between dying and never being born.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

What genetic change takes place at the time you mentioned.
Gaston_Barrio

Con

During the time I've mentioned, a fetus matures more. This enables it to breathe better, move around more, and digest food more efficiently. Before this period, the fetus' existence is dependent solely on the mother. After this time however, a fetus could be removed from the womb and have a good chance to live without the womb, mother, and umbilical chord.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

You did not answer my question: What genetic change takes place at that time?
Gaston_Barrio

Con

According to https://my.clevelandclinic.org..., after the 5th month, but before the 6th month, a fetus may develop muscles and the ability to move independently inside the womb. At this point, the fetus could be born prematurely and have a very good chance of survival. This is when the fetus is "a person" and it would be "murder" to terminate the pregnancy. So, in conclusion. showing the pictures of aborted fetuses should not be allowed, there
is no reason to. People know the risks, people know how it is done, that's enough. All that does is attempt to scare people away from abortion.
Posted by KZC 6 months ago
KZC
Show a gory photo? Maybe not. I think women should be educated to know what the developing process from embryo to fetus to baby looks like as well as be told what the abortion process is like. It is very sa to know people are hiding scientific facts surrounding the development of the embryo to fetus to baby. By the time abortion happens in the first trimester, the embryo DOES have a heartbeat (during 1st month), developing red blood cells, and other developed features (head, hands, feet). By the 2nd month, the embryo DOES have a developed nervous system and a constant heart, it can also feel pain (this is the 8th week, btw). When abortion happens in the first trimester, the woman takes a pill that forces a miscarriage or some other method that chemically digests the embryo/fetus. Abortion after the first trimester is dilation, suction, and curettage (cutting). I don't see why people shouldn't understand what is really going on in abortion after the first trimester. It's horrifying yet so many people are advocating for it. The abortion procedure involves "sucking" the brain from the fetus after it is punctured. Then the curettage is inserted so that the fetus is cut into six main areas to be taken out easily. The six main areas (2 arms, 2 legs, a head, and a torso) are then taken out, assembled to confirm that the fetus is completely out of the body, and disposed of in some way. THIS IS ABORTION AFTER THE 1ST TRIMESTER! The pictures are gory but people need to be educated on this procedure before hopping on the train with the rest of the people trying to promote abortion after the 1st trimester.
Posted by Bitch_Goddess 7 months ago
Bitch_Goddess
Showing someone a bloody and gory picture is something to be disturbed with, no matter the situation it was used in. I know that many would get disturbed at pictures of open-heart surgery or surgery of most kinds, even though they've gone through one themselves. Same goes for any gory/bloody process. That argument isn't reliable, dsjpk5.
Posted by Gaston_Barrio 7 months ago
Gaston_Barrio
Exactly
Posted by Arganger 7 months ago
Arganger
I would rather they avoid it as a prolife person because it is disturbing to show a dead mutilated child to people when you could get a point across showing an ultrasound of a live one.
Posted by dsjpk5 7 months ago
dsjpk5
I am all for it. If there's nothing wrong with abortion, pro choicers should have no problem with such pictures.