FAAL
Unpopularopinion

Promiscuity is fine as long both parties agree and there is precaution before, during and after sex

FAAL

Pro

Promiscuity is fine in a relationship as long both parties agree and use/take precaution before, during and after intercourse.
Let's establish some definitions before the real debate begins:
Promiscuity- Promiscuity is the practice of having casual sex frequently with different partners
Precaution- a measure taken in advance to prevent something dangerous, unpleasant, or inconvenient from happening. Examples: Using a condom, Background checks (ie: knowing the person well for a few months before sex), and taking the pill.

Swinging is an example of promiscuity and promiscuity is fine because both parties agree and realize the possible consequences of being promiscuous and they are fine with that.

"A 1996 study examined the developmental changes typically faced by middle-aged couples and suggested that open marriages and swinging develop social ties and satisfy sexual needs that are commonly associated with restrictive middle-class backgrounds.

Studies have suggested that in an era where about 50% of marriages end in divorce and there is almost an equal percentage of extra-marital affairs, the shared experience of opening a marriage can sometimes bring the marriage partners closer together."
&
"Several research studies have shown that couples involved in open marriages tend to be happier and more satisfied with their marriages and with life in general than couples in monogamous marriages."

Sources: http://moderndirections.com...
Unpopularopinion

Con

I think your argument applies more to younger people and sex in general. Going by your definition of promiscuity, I find it an appealing idea but severely unlikely to happen. Both parties agreeing is realistic but that applies to sex in general. The protection part though, if they are having sex frequently with multiple partners, it is unlikely that they care about and/or are bringing protection. A promiscuous person will most likely have sex on a whim, and many will not bring protection everywhere they go, for plenty of reasons. They could be embarrassed, forget, etc.
Even if they did bring protection everywhere they go, condoms break. It is not uncommon, they are not full proof. And regarding background checks and knowing a person well a few months before sex, if they have sex frequently with multiple partners, are they really going to get to know all of those partners for months? Perhaps I have a different understanding of frequently with multiple partners. If you mean around two partners but frequently with both of those partners, I will alter my debate for the second round. However, background checks are unlikely for the same reason as condoms.
Now, for monogamy. I am not by any means against polyamory, but monogamy gets complicated. If your partner in marriage can not satisfy you, why did you marry them? It seems as though it goes against the promise you made in marriage. If this is the case, the couple may be better off in a relationship without marriage.
FAAL

Pro

Without making an assumption based argument, polygamy isn't wrong in any aspect, unless you are religious.
Polygamy can increase, according to studies, a married couple's happiness and marriage.
Yes it can increase the possibility of catching STDs but it also depends on the person you're sleeping with, if you have complete trust and use precaution, most certainly, nothing wrong can happen.
Say we have one woman with 3 different sexual partners in a week, 1 of the 3 is her husband, the other 2 are close friends of both her and her husband, what is objectively and subjectively wrong with that? Unless you are religious, but religion is a personal belief, and religion ends where another person's personal space begins.
I'm mainly talking about this because people judge people who practice polygamy has a bad example, something not to follow.
Unpopularopinion

Con

Unpopularopinion forfeited this round.
FAAL

Pro

Unfortunately my opponent has forfeited, I will be waiting for my opponent to come up with a counter-argument so we can advance in this debate.
Unpopularopinion

Con

Unpopularopinion forfeited this round.