Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

You will almost certainly lose this debate should you chose to accept. My opponent must pronounce the word I will choose in round two and provide a link to a video or sound file of them pronouncing the word. It must be their own. If my opponent pronounces the word correctly, they will win all seven points. If they forfeit, do not link to a video or sound file of their own originality, or do not pronounce the word correctly, then I will win the debate.

I am warning you, you will almost certainly lose.

I believe that I can win this challenge, due to winning the spelling bee numerous times, and have mastered German pronunciation, which is almost 2 times harder. Game on.

I would like to thank my opponent for accepting this debate, but I must also acknowledge that they have sealed their own doomed fate by doing so.

I would like my opponent to pronounce the chemical name of Titin.

Titin is an enormous chemical found in muscles. With over 100,000 chemicals, it is also the longest word in the English language.

The full chemical name:

Warned you.

CarsontheKiller forfeited this round.
Posted by breakingamber 6 months ago
That word is RIDICULOUS!
Posted by Ragnar 6 months ago
Two ways I would have voted differently:
1. I would have voted a tie had con refused to pronounce the long series of sounds, on the grounds of it not being proven to be a real word.
2. I would have voted in con's favor, had he pronounced "Titin," as requested; and pointed out something along the lines of "lexicographers regard generic names of chemical compounds as verbal formulae rather than English words."
3. There's actually digital singer programs from Japan, which means con could have taken on the challenge at face value, and provided a valid pronunciation.
4. I would have voted the same way, had con pronounced "dog" or something, and hid behind Final Round Blitzcrieg of it being non-refutable.
Posted by Conspiracyrisk 6 months ago
Eh, I suppose you could argue that. My opponent could have tried to argue that the chemical name of Titin isn't truly a word, but they didn't. They forfeited. Therefore, I still win.
Posted by 6 months ago
the longest word that has actually been published in a dictionary is pnuemonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (yes, I can pronounce that) It is a lung disease commonly referred to silicosis. If a word is not published in a dictionary, its really not a word.
Posted by Conspiracyrisk 6 months ago
To the two commenters, I promise that the word I have selected is a real English word.
Posted by CarsontheKiller 6 months ago
I will report you if it s not a real ENGLISH word.
Posted by whooplaah 6 months ago
Will the word you supply be a word and not just a jumble of letters? From what language is it taken? Obviously it won't be a common word, but will you be able to prove that it is real (ie. point to a publication that uses it)? What method will you use to determine that the word is pronounced correctly? Will you take into account dialect and accent?
Vote Placed by breakingamber 6 months ago
Who won the debate:--
Reasons for voting decision: Well, the word was technically not a word; it was the full name of a compound named titin, which is what Pro probably could have pronounced. On the other hand, as pointed out by Con in the comments section, Pro failed to argue the word wasn't a word.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 6 months ago
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Con was unable to attempt the challenge he agreed to.