CountCheechula
Commondebator

Proof of Intelligent life on other planets, totally disproves God. Therefore Aliens cannot exist.

Commondebator

CountCheechula

Pro

Format:
1st round: Acceptance
2nd round: Rebuttal and attacks
3rd round: Rebuttal and attacks
4th round: Rebuttal and attacks
5th round: Rebuttals

Two Proofs:
1: The discover and complete affirmation of Intelligent species on one or more planets other than Earth; Unless they have a religion identical to Christianity unlikely true, totally disproves God through use of the holy scriptures.
2: Therefore Aliens cannot exist using holy scriptures and wisdom.

P.S. I prefer an Atheist.
Commondebator

Con

CountCheechula

Pro

CountCheechula forfeited this round.
Commondebator

Con

Commondebator forfeited this round.
CountCheechula

Pro

Lets take life first:

In order to sustain life you must have basic components.
First you need a rock planet with a soft heated core. It must not be too large or gravity with be strong, too small the gravity to light. You need a sun at a relatively good size and strength as well with appropriate distance. This planet must have some form of correct tilt and an elector-magnetic field. You also would need to have the 'material' on the surface to produce rock and water. Water is essential for life ask any scientist. So according to you guys small one celled organisms just popped into existence in this water, combined together and started to create tiny sea species. Eventually evolving into all the species anamalae or plantae. You have to have a liveable atmosphere. Correct gases must form to sustain life. You need some ozone layer and several other astronomical to sub particle chance situations to occur for life.
But what have I described? Something sounding a lot like earth. You have to be a lot like earth to have life. Scientists try to look for earth-like planets for a reason. Jupiter doesn't sound like a good place for life. If this planet that some people think is out there has life what would grow?
We know it would have ice caps and desserts but also fertile land. Assuming now that it has followed the same life pattern as earth's. Fertile land produces soil. For there you have life. Fertile land brings grass, shrubs, trees, fungus, and other living organism to single celled ones.
The dinosaurs ruled earth for 200 millions of years. They never became as intelligent as us. There brains were also particularly small. They never made tools or cities. Never assembled for war or made alliances. They never created music or art. 200 million years of being the main dominate species of the entire planets. No competitors on land that is. That should of had experienced macro and micro evolution right? The dinosaurs went extinct from some natural disaster right? But eventually on any planet and especially planets older than us could of had dumb dominate species but eventual natural disasters.

Quick Thought

Suppose giraffes were intelligent, just as or more than us. How long would it take for the NFL to draft a Giraffe? Animals are not physically built to be intelligent. No fancy hypothesis from some really old Christian apologist said it. This is me, animals are not built to be intelligent, they lack essential natural wonders to obtain skills to improve there lives. If animals could be intelligent or just speak even, they could assemble nations and sections. Possible species vs species conflict could arise. Imagine dogs and cats going to all out war. Many humans would die and be sad.

Back to Life

Essentially intelligence according to you has to come be natural selection from macro evolution. We (humans) are the most evolved advanced species. The way we are built is amazing body and soul. No other creature is able to appreciate, create and express humor. Not only does it require creativity, but humor also requires the ability to detach oneself from one"s surroundings to see the odd, surreal or ironic. Man is able to appreciate all kinds of beauty. This can be as simple as a sunset, a work of art, or the intricate design of a flower.Beyond a simple recognition of self (as seen in a few animals), man can step back and become a spectator, critic or admirer of the world around him. He is able to see his place in the greater picture and analyze what needs to be done to affect his role.While animals have a survival instinct, man is able to consider that he will one day die. Aware that his days will not last forever, he has a deep respect of his mortality. In fact, nearly all cultures perform some form of funeral ritual. This is not found in the animal world.If the differences between animals and human beings cannot be explained by physical means, we must look for a spiritual explanation. Most professing Christians would quickly agree there must be a spiritual aspect to the human condition. The most common attempt to offer explanation considers the non-physical component an immortal soul. Those who support this approach try to use the Bible for proof. Certainly, if man had an immortal soul, this would help explain the immeasurable capacity of his mind. But what does the Bible state? The word "soul" appears in Scripture over 400 times, and for a variety of reasons. The first instance occurs during the description of man"s creation. Notice Genesis 2: "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul" (vs. 7). Man is made in God's image.

Why Aliens would have to be Man.

They would have to be like humans. They would have to be able to survive in he almost exact same environment with the same intelligence or some sort of inner cognition. They would have different nationalities based on the heritage or geographical location on that very very similar planet. Probably the aliens near there equator would be darker, light as aliens living by the poles. Now if these aliens are humans it just does not make sense. What religion would they have? Would they be united or in separate nations? There languages? This doesn't add up at all. Humans are not out there here is why.

Genesis Chapter 1 verse 1: "In the beginning God created the 'heaven' and the earth." KJV
*Genesis Chapter 1 verse 26: " And God said. Lets us make man in our image, after our likeness..."

* 'our' refers to God and his holy angles.

So either you literally say God and Angels look like humans or they created them to be built to be the best acquired for out intelligence. God gave His ONLY son. If aliens existed do you think they would be completely sinless, having no morals but using them for complete good? Aliens would probably have to be a sinful society if they have knowledge of good and evil and our intelligence requires that for this debate. God couldn't send Jesus down to another sinful planet experiment He tried again, NO! He did not. Aliens cannot exist.

See you next round. Sorry again for being late remember voters I will accept conduct deductions but my laptop was stolen so again sorry.
Commondebator

Con

First part of Pros argument had nothing with the subject of the debate. Nevertheless, I will point out the numerous flaws presented in Pro's argument

Let me start off by saying that the OBSERVABLE universe is 13.8 billion (and expanding) light years across. Water can be found many places in the universe and there a millions of Earth-like planets in the universe. Completely ignoring this, purely on the fact that there is a POSSIBILITY of a eternal being in foolish.

http://www.space.com...
http://www.space.com...

On November 4, 2013, astronomers reported, based on Kepler space mission data, that there could be as many as 40 billion Earth-sized planets orbiting in the habitable zones of sun-like stars and red dwarf stars within the Milky Way Galaxy. 11 billion of these estimated planets may be orbiting sun-like stars.

The habitable zone of the Solar System range from 0.725 to 3.0 astronomical units. Thats 108 458 456 to 448 793 612 Kilometres! So no, if the Earth was an inch closer or inch away, we wouldn't burn or freeze. The estimates can be challenging, if we include mercury, and Venus along with greenhouse gasses. For different solar systems, the habitable zone can vary on the stars.

Before we go any further, the lists of potentially habitable planets can be found on this site: http://en.m.wikipedia.org...

"Suppose giraffes were intelligent, just as or more than us. How long would it take for the NFL to draft a Giraffe? Animals are not physically built to be intelligent."

NFL would never draft a Giraffe, because a giraffe does no contain the proper body to play football. Such as hands.

"They would have to be like humans. They would have to be able to survive in he almost exact same environment with the same intelligence or some sort of inner cognition."

How do you know that they have a different biological structure? Yes, it most likely is similar because life requires a specific environment. But, how do you know life besides bacteria has to be human? Perhaps they carried a different evolutionary process.

"'our' refers to God and his holy angles."

What do you mean "our"?

If god really does exist, how can you TOTALLY disprove an idea, that has more valid reasoning than god himself? How do you know its the Christian god? You see, god is a very broad term.
CountCheechula

Pro

CountCheechula forfeited this round.
Commondebator

Con

Apologies for the previous forfeit.

I assumed my opponent had hopes to completely discard the debate.

Nevertheless, upon investigation, this next forfeit is not due to inactivity. My opponent has been online, based on his page.

I will look forward for a late argument.

Good luck on following rounds.
CountCheechula

Pro

I admit I fell into some deep ditches and with your final conclusion, I'm doomed. Conduct as well as mere no plus rebuttals to match your arguments.

I would like a second debate to occur in sometime when life isn't so hectic, between school, home, and friends I have no time for debates, which I love to participate in. I think a short timeout will let me regroup about the subject. I will return Commondebator I will return.
Commondebator

Con

I respect and thank my opponent for being such a good sport! Not many people have the guts and courage to portray what my opponent has shown.

I agree with my opponent how hectic school and debate are. I agree, they do not mix.

Good luck on future debates pro.

And I will be waiting pro :)

No worries though. . . Your academics are more important than a mere website.
Posted by Commondebator 2 years ago
Commondebator
Why don't you reopen the debate?
Posted by CountCheechula 2 years ago
CountCheechula
Sorry, my laptop was stolen out of my car. I had to replace, if you feel as a voter that conduct was violated I plead guilty.
Posted by CountCheechula 2 years ago
CountCheechula
As intelligent I mean as humans or more, I will talk about this greatly through out the debate. I would like to say thanks to the people who find this interesting.
Posted by LostintheEcho1498 2 years ago
LostintheEcho1498
Rawr someone took this as I put down my comment. Talk about epic fail.
Posted by LostintheEcho1498 2 years ago
LostintheEcho1498
"It would also be good if the Pro defined just how intelligent.

Dolphins are intelligent, for instance, but cannot beat me in Jeopardy, unless all the categories require me to smell like dead fish and make annoying high-pitched squeaks.

CountCheechula, do you mean AS intelligent people or MOAR intelligent than people? Or would you consider slightly less intelligent to work too, as in the case of Canadians?"

Lol. laughed at this for five minutes. Anyway, I will take this debate if I am allowed the use of scripture, both Bible and Book of Mormon. Also, I do agree that knowing just how intelligent you mean is crucial so if that could be posted asap please let me know:)
Posted by mightbenihilism 2 years ago
mightbenihilism
It would also be good if the Pro defined just how intelligent.

CountCheechula, do you mean AS intelligent people or MOAR intelligent than people? Or would you consider slightly less intelligent to work too, as in the case of Canadians?
Posted by Domr 2 years ago
Domr
This is a bold debate.

Would angels/demons be considered aliens?

"God created the Heaven[S]and the Earth. This could be a generalization for alien life.

I don't know, I don't want to debate this, but it is certainly interesting from both sides! I will be keeping track of this
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
CountCheechulaCommondebatorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro appears to have conceded.