MissLenaElan
SummerLover19

Prostitution Should be Legalized

MissLenaElan

MissLenaElan

Pro

I am starting this debate again because last time my opponent forfeited every turn. Please comment first if you are willing to make this a legitimate debate.

Prostitution should be legalized, but be carefully regulated. Laws should protect prostitutes from abuse from their bosses and clients. All intercourse must be protected with condoms, and prostitutes must not have any STDs, STIs, or STVs. Rates must be regulated, and lack of paying will be considered rape in a court.

Definitions (Dictionary.com):
Prostitute: a man or woman who engages in sexual acts for money.
Legal: appointed, established, or authorized by law; deriving authority from law.
Sex: sexual activity; interactions intended to result in the sexual pleasure of at least one of the involved parties.
Regulate: to control or direct by a rule, principle, or method.

Rules
1. No trolling or semantics
2. Forfeiture permitted, however if either party forfeits, they must explain why in the comments
3. Be respectful of others' opinions
4. Arguments and rebuttals are to be based on research, not opinion alone
5. If rules or format are broken, the respective party must forfeit the next round

Format (organized by rounds):
1. Rules, definitions, format, introduction to topic, and acceptance
2. Arguments and opening statements; no rebuttals
3. Arguments and rebuttals
4. Rebuttals and closing statements; no new arguments

I wish the best of luck to my opponent, and I hope to have a fun debate!
SummerLover19

Con

I accept your challenge.
MissLenaElan

Pro

Prostitution is an old job that employs many educated and uneducated people alike[2]. Yes, it is a job, by definition[4]. If prostitution were legal, more men and women would be able to have jobs they enjoyed[5].

Unfortunately, the sex-trade is unregulated. Prostitutes are often physically abused by their bosses[3]. If the profession were to be regulated, or at least recognized and offered legal protection from the government, they would be able to get help to end the abusive relationship, and hopefully never have a boss who would abuse in the first place, without getting themselves in trouble.

Prostitution is legally considered a crime, which is why many women who want to quit their jobs because of this aforementioned abuse are afraid to do so[3]. However, it should not be a crime. The thought that it is illegal to systematically charge for something some people randomly give out for free is ridiculous. It should not hurt anyone, as all participating parties have consented. In fact, it is estimated that if prostitution were legalized in the United States, the rape rate would decrease by roughly 25% for a decrease of approximately 25,000 rapes per year.

While the spread of disease and other detriments are possible in the practice of prostitution, criminalization is a sure way of exacerbating rather than addressing such effects. We saw this quite clearly in the time of alcohol prohibition in this country[1]. If properly overseen, no one would be stolen from or financially, physically, or mentally damaged in any other way in prostitution. Things can"t get any better until people in this business can get equal rights.

[1] http://www.history.com......
[2] http://www.huffingtonpost.com......
[3] http://www.womenslaw.org......
[4] (From dictionary.com) a piece of work, especially a specific task done as part of the routine of one's occupation or for an agreed price
[5] "We chose sex work after we did a lot of things we couldn't stand. Sex work is better. For me, sex work isn't my first choice of paying work. It just happens to be the best alternative available. It's better than being president of someone else's corporation. It's better than being a secretary. It is the most honest work I know of." -Veronica Monet, Prostitute and Author, in Gauntlet Magazine, 1994
[6] http://prostitution.procon.org......
SummerLover19

Con

Definitions [4]

Child: a young human being below the age of puberty or below the legal age of majority.

Victim: a person harmed, injured, or killed as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action; a person who is tricked or duped.

Rape: unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim.

Sexual Assault: any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient.

Pimp: a man who controls prostitutes and arranges clients for them, taking part of their earnings in return.

Prostitution should not be legal for 3 main reasons: it promotes children to be trafficked, most of the prostitutes are victims, and whether or not it's legal, it's still a dangerous job. The average age of a girl entering prostitution is 12-14 years old, although some can be as young as nine [1]. What's worse is that at least 100,000 children are used as prostitutes each year as part of the $9.8 billion U.S, sex trafficking industry [2]. If prostitution were to be legalized, America would be legalizing something women and girls want to escape from. Studies have shown that as much as 95% of prostituted women want out of prostitution but can't leave due to circumstances like having no other job skills, needing to be able to provide food and shelter for themselves and possibly family, and being under the control of their pimp [1]. Most of these women are victimized by how 65%-95% of those in prostitution were sexually assaulted as children [1]. They are also considered victimized by how pimps target those who already have a history of abuse or are runaways [2].

"I had started having sex at ten years old; I knew how to please men, even if it killed me. But at night when I came home and I showered I scrubbed and lathered to try and get the streets off me. I hated being touched by tricks. Each time I did a call I felt as if I was being raped again. Working in call I never knew what my day would bring. My best friend was raped in the room next to me and I never heard a sound. The trick muffled her cries and walked out like nothing was wrong. Every day I would try to drown out the thought that I might be next. My mantra was get your money and get them out, but I was dying inside." [3]

Many prostitutes fight for their lives everyday. They suffer from rape, physical assault (client or pimp), and any other type of abuse that harms them physically and emotionally. Legalizing prostitution would be like legalizing another crime instead of taking action. They need help from prostitution, not support for it.

[1]- http://www.ksufreedomalliance.org...
[2]- http://thinkprogress.org...
[3]-http://www.prostitutionresearch.com...
[4]- Google Definitions
MissLenaElan

Pro

Thank you. You have brought up good points.

Arguments:

Prostitution is basically personalized pornography[2]. Pornography is good for you[1], and perfectly legal, making the it seem unfair that prostitution is illegal. In fact, it would be legal if any of the parties filmed it and distributed the video. There are a few apparent contradictions with the law here. Prostitutes are also similar to promiscuous people, with the exception of the fee. It is pretty much unavoidable that there are going to be people who sleep with strangers and enjoy it, and it should be allowed if they want to make money off of it.

If prostitution were government regulated, it could be the new lottery. What I mean is it would bring in thousands upon thousand of tax dollars each year[8], helping our US government pay off its huge debt[9].

The Declaration of Independence tries to give citizens the right to the pursuit of happiness[3]. This may be a stretch, but it still stands that if prostituting yourself makes you happy and is something you enjoy, you shouldn"t be prevented from doing it.

Rebuttals:

"It promotes children to be trafficked"

In fact, it would do quite the opposite. Children being trafficked, especially for sex, is terrible and unfortunately happens very often[4]. However, they're an easier target because children are not as smart or strong as adults and therefore more vulnerable. If prostitution were legal, there would be more willing adults in the business, causing the demand for child trafficking to dive[5]. It would also decrease human trafficking in general[6].

"Most of the prostitutes are victims"

Right now that is true. But like I mentioned, if it were legal, there would be ore willing participants and thus a much lower demand for people to be forced into prostitution against their will. In a world without sex trafficking, prostitution would be a victimless crime[5].

"Whether or not it's legal, it's still a dangerous job"

There will always be risks, as there are with any profession. Making prostitution legal will decrease these risks. Nevada was the first state in the US to legalize prostitution. They have very smart laws set to keep their workers safe that could not be enforced if prostitution were considered a crime. The employees are given monthly STD tests, have a "safety button" in the case of a client getting too aggressive, and brothels can"t seek to recruit new prostitutes[7].

Quotes[10]:
1
If nobody wants to sell sex, it is a crime to force anyone to do so. But when men or women do want to sell their bodies, they should have that full right without encountering punishment or discrimination. If the client behaves decently, the relationship between the sex buyer and the sex seller must be considered a purely private transaction.
" NILS JOHAN RINGDAL, Love For Sale
2
"The obscenities of this country are not [prostitutes]. It is the poverty which is obscene, and the criminal irresponsibility of the leaders who make this poverty a deadening reality. The obscenities in this country are the places of the rich, the new hotels made at the expense of the people, the hospitals where the poor die when they get sick because they don't have the money either for medicines or services. It is only in this light that the real definition of obscenity should be made."
R13; F. Sionil Jos", Ermita: A Filipino Novel
3
The only way to stop this trafficking in and profiting from the use of women's bodies is for prostitution to be legalized. Legalization will open it up to regulation; and regulation means safety.
JEANNETTE ANGELL, Callgirl
4
When prostitution is a crime, the message conveyed is that women who are sexual are "bad," and therefore legitimate victims of sexual assault. Sex becomes a weapon to be used by men.
MARGO ST. JAMES, San Francisco Examiner, Apr. 29, 1979

5
People tend to be put off by the idea of selling sex, but if you spend a winter's night with one of them and talk with her about her family and so on, you're likely to find she's just like any other woman.
EIJI YOSHIKAWA, The Art of War

[1] http://www.telegraph.co.uk...
[2] printed or visual material containing the explicit description or display of sexual organs or activity, intended to stimulate erotic rather than aesthetic or emotional feelings. From Google
[3] http://www.archives.gov...
[4] http://globalfundforchildren.org...
[5] http://www.listland.com...
[6] http://www.forbes.com...
[7] http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com...
[8] http://people.emich.edu...
[9] http://www.usdebtclock.org...
[10] http://www.goodreads.com... and http://www.notable-quotes.com...
SummerLover19

Con

My phone is the only way i can be on the internet at the moment and I have lost every bit of information I had and typed. I unfortunately have to forfeit until I have access to a computer but I will type everything again and more in the next round.
MissLenaElan

Pro

That's fine! I can totally understand. I forfeit as well.
SummerLover19

Con

First, I would like to thank my opponent for understanding my unfortunate event and even going as far as forfeiting herself. I will start this round by making my rebuttals then apparently conclude this entire debate afterwords.

"Prostitution should be legalized, but be carefully regulated. Laws should protect prostitutes from abuse from their bosses and clients. Rates must be regulated, and lack of paying will be considered rape in a court." - Pro

Prostitutes have the same rights as any other woman in the United States because they are human beings. The only problem is that the laws are either biased or the prostitutes are afraid to speak up. A prostituted woman might be afraid of what her pimp will do to her and afraid for her life if she tries to leave; pimps often threaten the lives of the women who work for them, which may prevent a woman from leaving prostitution(1). Pimps assume psychological, biological, social, and economic control over the lives of the women they sell to johns (clients) through the use of chronic terror, cunning use of various aspects of captivity, and isolation from others who might offer support and validation. In addition they employ starvation, sleep deprivation, protein deprivation, conditioned physiologic hyperarousal, unexpected sexual violence, and learned helplessness(4). Also, most women in prostitution do not report rape or other crimes committed against them to the police because of the stigma associated with prostitution(2). In other words, whether or not prostitution is legalized, there will still be cruel judgement against them.

Quote(2):
"None of us went to the police... There was lack of trust. You didn't know which policemen to trust. Half the girls were being touched up by them... It would be like you chose to do this job: get out and do it, or get a life... The police have no compassion. They think the girls and women put themselves in that danger, so why should they be helped." - Maria, a prostitution survivor.

"Rates must be regulated, and lack of paying will be considered rape in a court." - Pro

I understand the rate regulation, but lack of paying considered rape...? Not only is this ridiculous, but I don't see this happening in a real court case. As I have stated before, rape is unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim(7). If a prostitute consents in the beginning, she can't just change her story and cry rape because a client fails to make payment. Let's say prostitution is legalized and you have a customer; he chooses the consenting prostitute he wants but he isn't satisfied by her type of experience so he refuses to pay, or he already paid for her services and demands a refund. Is the manager (pimp/boss) supposed to call the police and say this client "raped" one of his prostitutes with no valid evidence of the accusation? No pay is NOT rape.

"If prostitution were legal, more men and women would be able to have jobs they enjoyed[5]." - Pro

My opponent has only quoted an outdated statement by some "professional" escort from 1995 as a source, instead of at least showing statistics of who would honestly "enjoy" the life of prostitution.

"In fact, it is estimated that if prostitution were legalized in the United States, the rape rate would decrease by roughly 25% for a decrease of approximately 25,000 rapes per year." - Pro

A 25% decrease isn't very impressive considering that there's 630,000 women raped each year(3).

"If properly overseen, no one would be stolen from or financially, physically, or mentally damaged in any other way in prostitution." - Pro

How do you know? Women can enter prostitution legally and still be financially, physically, or mentally and emotionally damaged. A study has found that PTSD resulting from exposure to physical danger is more common among prostitutes than among troops who have weathered combat duty(7).

"Prostitutes are also similar to promiscuous people, with the exception of the fee." - Pro

Most prostitutes are NOT similar to promiscuous people. Promiscuous people have sex with random people of their choice for their own entertainment for no amount of money. Prostitutes don't choose their clients, clients choose them, and often times, pimps choose their clients. And unlike promiscuous people, most prostitutes don't enjoy the sex they have with clients because, again, they don't choose them. If prostitutes don't obey their clients, they either don't get money to survive, feel the wrath of their pimps, or worse. At least promiscuous people can reject whoever they want because it's not their job.

Responses to MissLenaElan's rebuttal's:

"It promotes children to be trafficked"

"In fact, it would do quite the opposite. Children being trafficked, especially for sex, is terrible and unfortunately happens very often[4]. However, they're an easier target because children are not as smart or strong as adults and therefore more vulnerable. If prostitution were legal, there would be more willing adults in the business, causing the demand for child trafficking to dive[5]. It would also decrease human trafficking in general[6]." - Pro

Prostitution IS human trafficking. There's no difference between them. Both are part of a system of gender-based domination that makes violence against women and girls profitable to a mind-boggling extreme, and both prey on women and girls made vulnerable by poverty, discrimination, and violence and leaves them traumatized, sick, and impoverished(4). Legalizing prostitution won't make a significant difference, it'll just be legal trafficking.

As long as there are perverts/pedophiles in this world, there will always be child sex trafficking. I don't find one of my opponent's sources that she cited in her statement very useful to her offense because it has several flaws. My opponent stated, "If prostitution were legal, there would be more willing adults in the business, causing the demand for child trafficking to dive," but in her source, [http://www.listland.com...], in the section where it mentions "legal prostitution would protect minors", it says, "A lot of pro-decriminalization of prostitution believethat if people can legally buy sex from women 18 years or older, it will significantly reduce child exploitation". This statement alone is based on beliefs and not estimated facts. According to a study of 218 "johns" (clients) who were warned that the women they were looking at online were actually minors, 42% still wanted the underage girl(5). Hypothetically speaking, how are prostitution businesses supposed to keep up with the demands of the other half of their customers if laws are regulated for only 18-year-old or older prostitutes? They would still have to resort to child trafficking in the US.

"Most of the prostitutes are victims"

"Right now that is true. But like I mentioned, if it were legal, there would be ore willing participants and thus a much lower demand for people to be forced into prostitution against their will. In a world without sex trafficking, prostitution would be a victimless crime[5]." - Pro

People don't have to be forced into prostitution to be involved in it. A vast majority of them are involved because they lack basic human services such as a home, job training, health care, counseling and treatment for drug or alcohol addiction. Also, for many women, prostitution and sexual exploitation might be the only life they know(1).

If the US ever legalized prostitution, that would mean having a set age limit. Have you ever thought to yourself what would become of all the underaged prostitutes and future runaways in America trying to survive? Without the right help, they would most likely die on the streets or be forced into still illegal child prostitution. In other words, it would still not be a victimless crime.

"There will always be risks, as there are with any profession. Making prostitution legal will decrease these risks. Nevada was the first state in the US to legalize prostitution. They have very smart laws set to keep their workers safe that could not be enforced if prostitution were considered a crime. The employees are given monthly STD tests, have a "safety button" in the case of a client getting too aggressive, and brothels can"t seek to recruit new prostitutes[7]." - Pro

Nevada may have legalized prostitution, but 81% of the Nevada women still want to escape it, regardless of its legal status. One of them even stated, "It"s all the same emotionally, no matter where we work," referring to other " illegal " locations where she had been rented for sex(4).

I do not understand what my opponent means by a "safety button" because she did not elaborate. And as for some of her sources, I find them invalid because some of them lead me to the main pages and not to anywhere that proves my opponent's point. Such as:

http://www.history.com...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
http://www.womenslaw.org...
And
a site with blank parts...
http://www.usdebtclock.org...

Prostitution is wrong beyond all means and legalizing it will not make it any better for this country or for the victims involved in it. America needs to help these prostitutes get out of their lifestyle instead of making it worse.

Vote Con

(1)-http://www.womenslaw.org...
(2)-http://www.thefword.org.uk...
(3)-http://listen.nycagainstrape.org...
(4)-http://www.prostitutionresearch.com...
(5)-http://www.ksufreedomalliance.org...
(6)-http://www.nytimes.com...
(7)-google dictionary
Posted by F-16_Fighting_Falcon 1 year ago
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
********************************************************************
>Reported vote: greatkitteh // Mod action: Not Removed<

[*Reason for non-removal*] Past the statute of limitations and wouldn't affect the outcome. Please report votes before the voting period is up. Otherwise, the vote would have been removed because the sources points were awarded based on personal opinion.
******************************************************************************
Posted by Preston 1 year ago
Preston
(1) Arguments. Too generic.
- I Explained on each point why I voted, granted i missed S&G, that's my bad, a PM would have been an acceptable action by anyone who realized i had made this mistake.
(2) S&G. No attempt made to explain.
-Again this was my bad, i admit my failure to explain this point placement

(3) Sources. Too generic. No real feedback given. Failure to explain which sources were problematic. Failure to explain why Pro's sources were *better* (insufficient to merely point out Con's failings).
- Cons sources were shown to be unreliable in round, as stated in RFD. There was no support behind removing these points. I explained what needed to be.

OOC: Again i am disappointed that you would post why this was removed, i have never seen this ever done anywhere ever. I would understand removing my right to vote if there was repeated warnings however you in one swift motion removed them without any correction. I had no time to correct my errors.
Posted by bluesteel 1 year ago
bluesteel
==============================================================
>Reported vote: Preston // Moderator action: Removed<

4 points to Pro (conduct, S&G, sources), 3 points to Con (arguments). Reasons for voting decision: Sources are used more readily by PRO. However, Pro i expect you to provide me with the reasons to upvote your arguements, this means logic behind claims. i found many times you did not give the logic behind your arguements, Con does a good job of pointing out your sources do not have sound logic, i know you had the char's to explain the logic so im holding it to you. Con, do not, i repeat, DO NOT, create a huge last post with new argumentation, i give conduct on this basis. I find it unfair and unreasonable

[*Reasons for removal*] (1) Arguments. Too generic. (2) S&G. No attempt made to explain. (3) Sources. Too generic. No real feedback given. Failure to explain which sources were problematic. Failure to explain why Pro's sources were *better* (insufficient to merely point out Con's failings).
=================================================================
Posted by Wolf_Fang 1 year ago
Wolf_Fang
First, I'd like to start off by stating that, in my opinion, the first round of pro was ineffective. Here is why:
Pro seems to assume that women want to be prostitutes. She doesn't seem to specifically state this, but her broad, bias-backed evidence that she cites suggests she does. In the first short round, Pro had a little amount of clear arguments, and did a poor job of signposting.
Con's response to pro was strong and crushing to Pro. Con pointed out possible flaws in the pro's plan, including human trafficking and rape. Con also provided extensive evidence supporting his/her main argument.
In the second round, Pro stated "If prostitution were government regulated, it could be the new lottery. What I mean is it would bring in thousands upon thousand of tax dollars each year[8], helping our US government pay off its huge debt[9]."
Pro seems to display no sense of how the economy works, as well as our national debt.
As I stated before, Pro seems to ignore specific evidence and rather focus on broad, general assertions that really don't make any sense. Again, later in the round, Pro quotes biased sources once again. She also seemed to not really address con's earlier arguments in a valid manner.
The final round by con saw to interesting topics. Con quoted Pro on certain issues and then proceeded to comment on them as she wished. While I do think con could have included more evidence, her analysis of pro's arguments were pushed across the table, and even played with the numbers concerning rape cases. Con's rebuttals were far more convincing to me than any that Pro introduced.

The debate was a sweep by con.
Posted by bluesteel 1 year ago
bluesteel
=============================================================
>Reported vote: Lee001 // Moderator action: Removed<

5 points to Con (arguments, sources). Relevant RFD excerpt from Comments Section: I agree with the following voter @salam.morocos when he says "Sources: Pro had several unreliable sources in Round 2. She also stated that "it is estimated that if prostitution were legalized in the United States, the rape rate would decrease by roughly 25%". I wasn't able to find the source. 2 point to Con."
I couldn't find it either.

[*Reason for removal*] No piggybacking off other people's RFDs. Users are not even supposed to read other people's RFDs before voting since users are supposed to form their own conclusions about the debate without outside influence. This rule also discourages vote bombing because if everyone could piggyback, people could all just vote the same way as someone else without reading.
===================================================================
Posted by Lee001 1 year ago
Lee001
RFD

I agree with the following voter @salam.morocos when he says "Sources: Pro had several unreliable sources in Round 2. She also stated that "it is estimated that if prostitution were legalized in the United States, the rape rate would decrease by roughly 25%". I wasn't able to find the source. 2 point to Con."
I couldn't find it either.

So, reliable sources go to Con.

Now, on to more convincing arguments-

Con successfully shows that either way you look at prostitution, its inhumane. It promotes human trafficking and it can cause diseases. Con made a good point by saying that prostitutes would be afraid to leave their bosses because the women are afraid of the punishment that may occur. In R3, pro states that "Pornography is good for you" thus, prostitution is goof for you, yet she never shows us any proof to her claim. Allot of people reading that probably wouldn't believe you. I give more convincing arguments to Con because she clearly shows us that the harm outweighs the benefits, she also gave is proof such as reliable sources to support her claim. Good Job!
Posted by salam.morcos 1 year ago
salam.morcos
RFD (Part 1)

Conduct, Grammar/Spelling: Tied.
Sources: Pro had several unreliable sources in Round 2. She also stated that "it is estimated that if prostitution were legalized in the United States, the rape rate would decrease by roughly 25%". I wasn't able to find the source. 2 point to Con.

Arguments:

This was a good debate, unfortunately, there were only 2 rounds.

Pro's arguments:
1. More jobs that they enjoy. Con asked for statistics. It's unfair to Pro because she doesn't have another round of debate, so no point to this argument.
2. If regulated, it would end abusive relationship with their bosses. Con argues that there's no proof. Pro wins this argument because prostitutes can be easily exploited without a law protecting them.
3. Many prostitutes are afraid to quit because it's a crime. It's a good argument and Con doesn't explain why this is not good.
4. Criminalization exacerbates the spread of diseases (citing the alcohol ban as an example). Good argument and no rebuttal from Con.
5. It would be legal if you filmed it and distributed it. A very interesting point! No rebuttal.
6. More tax money. This is a weak point, but it wasn't rebutted. But basically, tax money shouldn't be the main reason for such decisions.
7. Right to pursuit happiness. This is an extremely weak point, and Pro admits that it's a stretch. No points to Pro.
Posted by salam.morcos 1 year ago
salam.morcos
RFD (Part 2)

Con's arguments:
1. Legalization promotes children to be trafficked. Con argues that if it was legalized, "America would be legalizing something women and girls want to escape from". Con failed however to explain how is legalization would impact these women and girls negatively if legalized? Con stated that 95% wanted to quit but can't. Why does this support criminalizing? Pro rebuts by saying that legalization would reduce the need for children because there are more willing adults. Con's rebuttal is very good by arguing that the demand for children won't change because it's still illegal and that's the demand. Pro wins that last rebuttal, but the argument fails because Con fails to show how legalization promotes children to be trafficked.

2. Most prostitutes are victims and legalizing doesn't support them. Pro argued that it will reduce victimization because more willing participant will exist. Also Con doesn't show any proof (e.g. a prostitute who doesn't want legalizing). Pro wins this argument.

3. Whether legal or not, it's still a dangerous job. Legalizing prostitution would be like legalizing another crime instead of taking action. This is a very weak point because it presupposed that prostitution is a crime which makes the argument circular. If prostitution is a crime then of course it's illegal. Con must show why it's a crime. Pro didn't pick on this error. Pro shows *the process* in Nevada but not *positive results*. Con fails to prove this point. No points.

Con successfully crushed Pro's argument that "lack of paying will be considered rape in a court". Con showed how clients can be exploited this way. Con wins this argument.

Con argues that there's a lack of trust with the police. This doesn't justify criminalizing it. No points to Con.

I vote Pro.
Posted by mancheeze 1 year ago
mancheeze
Prostitution is the worlds oldest oppression. We see prostitution as inevitable because we see it through a male dominated society. Men are not entitled to have women's bodies at the ready for purchase. This is male violence against women.

There is no 'safe' prostitution because simple economics and global research say so.

When you legalize it and legislate it you create a country whereby the demand for more women is high. This is precisely the problem in the Nederlands, New Zealand and Germany. Most of the women there are sex trafficked to fill the demand.

The country that has the least sex trafficking is Sweden and now Iceland and Norway. They use the Nordic model which criminalizes the men who buy women. They've seen a decrease in sex trafficking, street prostitution and they offer services for women to get out.

Prostitution is NOT inevitable. It's a result of women's socioeconomic inferiority.
Posted by SummerLover19 1 year ago
SummerLover19
Can I accept your challenge? I'm willing to do a serious debate with you on this.
Vote Placed by greatkitteh 1 year ago
greatkitteh
MissLenaElanSummerLover19Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Huffintonpost is a blog, and womenslaw is excessively whatever females will profit. These are very, very, unfair sites and are not reliable. Therefore, Sources go to con. arguments: Pro is able to rebutt con`s strongest argument, That prosistutuon is equal to rape. Pro used sources and proved that in regulation, rape would decrease. Con says that a 25% decrease in rape is un-impressive, But this means thousands of women Saved from rape every year, and is not un-impressive. Con should have challeged the validity of the numbers, but did not, or did not efficently enough to stand out. Pro also has an argument, that while is very weak, that it would be legal is flimed, was un-rebutted. The argument here was strange, but con never did anything about it, so pro won on that front as well, while pro effectively rebutted con`s arguments. Pro also says prosistutes are afraid to quit, something else con never refuted. Con has pretty good arguments, but dropped many points pro said, so Pro w
Vote Placed by salam.morcos 1 year ago
salam.morcos
MissLenaElanSummerLover19Tied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments.