tylergraham95
Jacob60rt

Prostitution ought to be legalized in more areas of the United States

tylergraham95

tylergraham95

Pro

First round is acceptance only.

Second is construction only.

Third and fourth may be used for rebuttals and defences.

Fifth and final round is for summarization only. No new arguments. No new rebuttals. You may only restate/clarify your previous points/rebuttals.

The BOP is shared.
Jacob60rt

Con

I accept your debate.
tylergraham95

Pro

I thank my opponent for accepting my challenge! I look forward to a fun and interesting debate!

Pros Case

I will start by defining my argument with three contentions.
My contentions are as follows:
A) It is the choice of the person as to whether or not they engage in any activity regarding prostitution (Becoming, or hiring one)
B) Laws against prostitution are invasive to the personal choices of Americans and, therefore, not as the founding fathers intended.
C) Regulations and taxes on prostitution could generate revenue for the US government.
D) Legalization with regulation would help prevent other more serious crimes/troubles such as Human Trafficking, Child molestation, Pimping, and the spread of infectious disease.

Subpoint A

My first contention regards the rights of each individual to choose for themselves. Any person wishing to engage in prostitution or to employ a prostitute should have the right to pursue that choice, assuming that they aren't infringing upon the rights of others. A person should not be able to force someone into prostitution, or force them to hire one. If a person chose to become a prostitute for money, empowerment, excitement, etc. that is their choice. The same is true for anyone wanting to hire a prostitute. This also strongly relates to my second contentions

Subpoint B

My second contention is that laws prohibiting prostitution are A) usually based on religious morals and therefore against the ideal of separation of church and state and therefore unconstitutional, and B) against the non-interventionist civil libertarian ideals of the founding fathers. This is evident in that laws against prostitution prevent people from their inalienable right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. If being a prostitute is what truly makes you happy, or is necessary to reach another happiness, then you should be allowed to become a prostitute.

Subpoint C

My third contention is that regulation of prostitution and taxation could bring in extra revenue for the US government. If states put a special tax on prostitution there would be a significant increase in local GDP. Prostitution and pornography account for a whopping $122 billion dollars of untapped GDP in he US.

Subpoint D

My fourth contention regards the safety of prostitution. Human trafficking, violent abuse, child molestation, and the spread of infectious disease all spawn from the fact that prostitution is illegal and therefore not under any kind of regulation. (2) With prostitution legalized, the victims of said crimes could be better protected, and said crimes could be prevented, through organizations such as OSHA and ICPR. Prostitutes could work legitimately, and find better job safety. They wouldn't be dependent on a pimp. With licensing and organization, prostitutes could be given health benefits by legitimate employers, and protected from violent customers. Prostitutes AND their clients could be protected from disease through licensing, testing, condoms, and other safety measures that could be achieved through organization, legitimization, regulation, and, ultimately, legalization.

Summary

The legalization of prostitution renders many benefits.

VOTE PRO!

I await my opponents response eagerly!

1.http://www.csub.edu...
2.http://www.mapsofworld.com...;
Jacob60rt

Con

Jacob60rt forfeited this round.
tylergraham95

Pro

Forward All points.
Sigh.
Jacob60rt

Con

My humble appooligies I was away on vacation and could not debate online. Since I will be busy again I sumbit this debate.
tylergraham95

Pro

I accept the cons forfeit.
Jacob60rt

Con

Jacob60rt forfeited this round.
tylergraham95

Pro

Forward all points.
Jacob60rt

Con

Jacob60rt forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Zaradi 2 years ago
Zaradi
tylergraham95Jacob60rtTied
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
Krazzy_Player
tylergraham95Jacob60rtTied
Vote Placed by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
tylergraham95Jacob60rtTied
Reasons for voting decision: F.