Mariodude34500
DiegoJesus

Prostitution should be legal

Mariodude34500
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Mariodude34500

Pro

I think it should be legal. I'm interested in arguments aganist it. I not putting my arguments up in the first round because I'm on a phone now and it would be a pain. Looking forward to the debate.
DiegoJesus

Con

Prostitution is a victimless crime.
Prostitution creates a setting whereby crimes against men, women, and children become a commercial enterprise.... It is an assault when he/she forces a prostitute to engage in sadomasochistic sex scenes. When a pimp compels a prostitute to submit to sexual demands as a condition of employment, it is exploitation, sexual harassment, or rape -- acts that are based on the prostitute's compliance rather than her consent. The fact that a pimp or customer gives money to a prostitute for submitting to these acts does not alter the fact that child sexual abuse, rape, and/or battery occurs; it merely redefines these crimes as prostitution
Mariodude34500

Pro

First off you mention children. I don't want children to have anything to do with this I'm talking about consenting adults. First if a girl wants to trade sex for money why should she be allowed to if she wishes and other adults are willing to purchase it. It's currently a black market which makes prostitution more dangerous with kidnappings, rapes, murders and people don't want to get tested for STDS in fear of people discovering what they are doing. Making this a white market activity would make it much safer in all these aspects. Again there would need to be regulations. Only people 18 and over should be able to engage in prostitution. But if it's between consenting adults I don't see the problem. Plus with regulations there would be no more pimps and if they decide to quit they isn't any life endangering consequences. Shout out to Tminusfour20 for pointing that out in the comments. Thank you that didn't occur to me.
DiegoJesus

Con

DiegoJesus forfeited this round.
Mariodude34500

Pro

Well I don't have much to say. I already made most of my points
DiegoJesus

Con

DiegoJesus forfeited this round.
Mariodude34500

Pro

Well this is very disappointing. I'll do a quick summary of what I think. Basically I believe if it's between consenting adults and it doesn't hurt anyone without there consent it should be legal.
DiegoJesus

Con

DiegoJesus forfeited this round.
Posted by David2000 1 year ago
David2000
Ok. I can see that you have made a wise decision.
Posted by Mariodude34500 1 year ago
Mariodude34500
Ok if you're against porn we have such huge differences I'm not going to bother debating this with you it wouldn't get anywhere.
Posted by David2000 1 year ago
David2000
How does it make society bad?

Well, for one,not enough is being done to help the men and women who are prostitutes and the legalisation of prostitution will just enlarge the problem. Yes, I am calling prostitution a problem. It is a global problem that nearly nothing has been done to help eradicate. As I have previously stated many of these men and women do not do it because they want to but rather more because they need to.

To answer your first question, I am against strip clubs as well as pornography but I do not see how that is revel ant to the current topic at hand.

And as an answer to your second question, I am not against freedom. I am against prostitution and the legalisation of it. I do not disagree that two adults should be able to have sex but money should never be involved. Men and women can not and are not allowed to sell their bodies for money. I am not against freedom, I am just very supportive of the laws surrounding prostitution and very supportive of those forced into selling themselves for money because we, as a worldwide society, should be doing more to help them out of the situations that the py are forced into.
Posted by Mariodude34500 1 year ago
Mariodude34500
David how does it make society bad please give me some examples and also I have 2 questions.
1. Are you aganist strip clubs and if your not why are you aganist prostitution just because they take it one step further?
2. Why are you aganist freedom? If you says your not you are because you said they shouldn't be allowed to do it even if it's between consenting adults. That's the opposite of freedom.
Posted by David2000 1 year ago
David2000
No men and woman should not be allowed to, even if it is their wish to. There are many reasons why prostitution is illegal and it is absolutely ridiculous to even imagine making prostitution legal. It is thoughts like this that is making the society that we live in so bad.
Posted by Mariodude34500 1 year ago
Mariodude34500
David I only said there wouldn't be any pimps in the white market. Yes there would be in the black market however because people have legal options there would be fewer of them. Also regardless why women are doing it they should be allowed to do it if they wish.
Posted by David2000 1 year ago
David2000
I would like to point out that many women/men go into prostitution because they are suffering/struggling with something in their life, whether it be money or some other issue. Instead of legalising prostitution, we should take it upon ourselves, as a society, to help these men and women out of this situation because hardly any woman/man wants to be a prostitute. Your point that pimps would not exist is also false. There would still be black market prostitution because with regulation there would be taxes. Also, you can not for one minute that the pimps would just disappear, they will not. They will recreate the black market for prostitution, it is as simple as that. And I agree completely with Daniel_Nemes. Grow up people
Posted by Tminusfour20 1 year ago
Tminusfour20
Men can do the same if they so choose it's not for me to determine what someone decides to do with their body as legal or not. Anyone who decides to work for or take part in activities like this should have the freedom to do so.
Posted by Daniel_Nemes 1 year ago
Daniel_Nemes
You are disgusting if you think women de-valuing themselves should be a legal act. Grow up.
Posted by Tminusfour20 1 year ago
Tminusfour20
Con: With Legalization comes Regulation meaning no pimps, Rules and Guidelines for customers and employees to follow and the ability for law enforcement to intervene where necessary. It would be an open market business available for anyone willing to work the job and anyone willing to quit would not face any life threatening repercussions. It would be synonymous to a strip club. If a guy gets out of line at the club there are rules in place to protect that stripper and enforce those do's and dont's.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
Mariodude34500DiegoJesus
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Zarroette 1 year ago
Zarroette
Mariodude34500DiegoJesus
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: I think Pro's objection, in regards to consent, was enough to get ahead of Con's arguments and required some kind of rebuttal, of which none occurred.