MorningSpirit
jimtimmy3

Prostitution should be legalized

MorningSpirit

MorningSpirit

Pro

Prostitution is the oldest profession. It is not exactly the noblest or most favorable occupation but I think that it should be legalized for the sake of making it safer and taxable. One only needs to look back at alcohol prohibition to see the negative implications that the criminalization of prostitution or any other activity of vice can attribute. Because prostitution is criminal, it is controlled by criminals, which gives rise to abuse and human trafficking. If prostitution was mainstreamed, regulated, and had an acceptable quality control, it could be one of the most profitable industries of American economy. Since it is illegal and unregulated, prostitution is extremely risky for all involved parties and criminals are the only people who benefit. Ron Paul once said that if you made heroin legal tomorrow, people wouldn't uncontrollably run out and do heroin. The same is true of prostitution. It wouldn't suddenly become something every girl wants to do as a job and every male indeed will partake. Legalization would reduce communicable disease in this country and increase economic stimulation.
jimtimmy3

Con

I disagree.
MorningSpirit

Pro

That's fine. Care to share your thoughts on why you disagree?
jimtimmy3

Con

jimtimmy3 forfeited this round.
MorningSpirit

Pro

I guess I win...
jimtimmy3

Con

You guessed wrong!

Posted by mmadderom 2 years ago
mmadderom
"Legalization would reduce communicable disease in this country and increase economic stimulation."

Nonsense. EVERY prostitute of any repute already uses condoms. Exactly what 'economic stimulation' do you refer to? ILLEGAL prostitution is economic in nature. Do you mean TAX stimulation?

Legalizing prostitution or drugs or any other currently illegal vices is simply a bad idea.

How exactly do you 'legalize' prostitution? How do you tax it?

Lessee....

Prostitute meets John and they come to an agreed upon CASH price.

So who exactly reports the transaction? The whore? She'll claim she got 10 bucks. The John? He'll claim he was never there.
Posted by daphne03 2 years ago
daphne03
Come on. Are we not being sucked for taxes enough. Who wrote this a government official wanting to suck more money from hard working people?
Prostitution will increase health care costs due to STD's being spread by whores. Oh, I really want my children to see a prostitute walking the streets and tell my children they can legally be whores now, kids. What morals are being taught here? I have never see any debate so stupid and immoral.
Must have been an infested STD prostitute who wrote this debate issue.
Posted by humanright2debate 2 years ago
humanright2debate
In another point, will it cause divorce rate go up? perhaps with more divorce case the state need more fund to solve social problem? well organized crime will move base into city, as you know its huge profit . such a big cake will trigger more rat for it , there will surely be more than one well organized crime into city who are fighting to get the most in that "legal" business. they may corruption legal government to ensure they get the biggest cake from the legal system ?

will health care cost rise? will it create more unfaithful man?
Posted by E_Pluribus_Unum 2 years ago
E_Pluribus_Unum
I can't stop thinking of the Broken Window Fallacy when I read the instigator's first round argument.
Posted by dmussi12 2 years ago
dmussi12
I used to agree, but then I went to Las Vegas.
Vote Placed by SebUK 2 years ago
SebUK
MorningSpiritjimtimmy3Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con didn't present any arguments