M.Chrono
godsend221

Prostitution

Started: 4/11/2014 Category: Economics

M.Chrono

Pro

I am for prostitution, as it is an occupation in my mind. It is the same as buying something at Wal-Mart. It is the simple sale of a product. The product just happens to be a person's body. Most often, the women are willing to be prostitutes, and therefore don't need to be 'defended', as they are willing o do what they do. They have the right to refuse a customer their service, and they have the ability to require the customer to use proper protection.
godsend221

Con

Society has the right to regulate what is acceptable commerce and what isn't. Our system of law is that the majority rules until a court or new law says otherwise.
M.Chrono

Pro

I understand that, and I apologize. I should have worded my argument better. My question is more along the lines of "Should prostitution be legalized and why or why not?" I have heard many different arguments for this question, but I still feel that the women and men (everyone always seems to forget that there are male prostitutes whenever they're arguing) that are selling themselves are perfectly able to deny service or straight-up leave the business. So, should society be more open about prostitution and not throw it into the dark Corner of Shame that it seems to be in, or should it stay where it is?
godsend221

Con

godsend221 forfeited this round.
M.Chrono

Pro

M.Chrono forfeited this round.
godsend221

Con

godsend221 forfeited this round.