MiniMcGriff
Anon_Y_Mous

Protect The Purple Australian Tree Octopus

Anon_Y_Mous

MiniMcGriff

Pro

I think that the Purple Australian Tree Octopus should be considered and protected as an endangered animal because of it's extreme population drop in the past year. For one, the Tree Octopus produces a rare saliva that nourishes trees and other plants keeping the environment safe. Opponents do not think that it should be endangered as the saliva itself does what most other animals can. While this may be true, a rare animal such as the Purple Australian Tree Octopus should be protected as it is worth loads of money to poachers. 89% of the total population is already gone and more are disappearing every day. In conclusion we should stand up to these poachers and make sure that the Purple Australian Tree Octopus remains fruitful and living.

Anon_Y_Mous

Con

I believe that not only the Purple Australian Tree Octopus, but all types of tree octopus should be eradicated as soon as possible. They are a menace to society.

First, I must explain the history of the tree octopus. The first variety discovered was the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus, but now several varieties are known of. (1) The Purple Australian Tree Octopus is a particularly elusive species, largely due to their natural camouflage with all the purple things in Australia, as shown in the image linked below:

http://www.debate.org...

That was merely an infant. They grow to much larger sizes later in life, until they are big enough to fight off their only natural predators, kangaroos. However, kangaroo populations are declining due to rapid urbanization of the Australian countryside. The Tree Octopus population may be declining now, but it's only a matter of time until it begins to flourish. Even now, they are adapting to life in cities. This photograph was obtained at great expense from a dear friend of mine.

http://www.debate.org...

His last act was to send that to me. He gave up everything to warn humanity of the impending threat. His sacrifice cannot be in vain!

1) http://zapatopi.net...
MiniMcGriff

Pro

While it may be sensible to eradicate these "beasts", would it really be helping the enviorment in any way? The eating habits and food chain in the area would also be eradicated and the habitat would collapse. I suggest that rather than eradicating we take some into a breeding or protection facility and start to rebuild the population.
Anon_Y_Mous

Con

I'll admit that the species can be productive to the environment, but that's not enough to risk letting them run rampant in our civilization. The Purple Australian Tree Octopus is evolving. They used to be simple amphibious octopuses. Now they are semi-robotic beings that lay waste to cities. There is no practical way to contain them.

The threat that these creatures pose greatly outweighs the environmental effects of their eradication.
MiniMcGriff

Pro

MiniMcGriff forfeited this round.
Anon_Y_Mous

Con

I will refrain from posting arguments until my oppontent responds.
MiniMcGriff

Pro

MiniMcGriff forfeited this round.
Anon_Y_Mous

Con

Vote Con!
Posted by Anon_Y_Mous 3 years ago
Anon_Y_Mous
It's okay.

More importantly, it's your turn.
Posted by MiniMcGriff 3 years ago
MiniMcGriff
I accidentaly saw the wrong time....sorry for the confusion
Posted by Anon_Y_Mous 3 years ago
Anon_Y_Mous
It says I have forty-four hours left. I'm not the type of person to rush things. (By which I mean: I procrastinate excessively.)

Do you have a separate time limit on this?
Posted by MiniMcGriff 3 years ago
MiniMcGriff
When is someone going to post something on this matter? There are only 15 minutes left to discuss it!
Vote Placed by GeekiTheGreat 3 years ago
GeekiTheGreat
MiniMcGriffAnon_Y_MousTied
Reasons for voting decision: Mini mcgriff was complaing no one posting anything, then he FF most of the debate.
Vote Placed by Walrus101 3 years ago
Walrus101
MiniMcGriffAnon_Y_MousTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for forfeiting, Grammar and spelling for obvious reasons, arguments go to con.