Challenge Expired
Open Debate

Protecting endangered species or human

Debate Challenge Expired
Nobody accepted the challenge for this debate. If you are fire_wings, login to see your options.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Challenge Declined

I saw bsh doing this topic, but I know he won't choose me, but I think it's a good topic, so I wanna do it.

Full Resolution: When the two are in conflict, federal governments ought to prioritize protecting endangered species over the local people

I am Con in this topic, my opponent is Pro in this topic. This debate is impossible to accept for right now, if you want to accept, comment. This debate will be 5 rounds, and 10,000 characters, which obviously makes it a long debate. The structure will be...

1. Rules (me)/ Argument (opponent)
2. Arguments (me)/ Rebuttals (opponent)
3. Rebuttals (me)/ Defense (opponent)
4. Defense (me)/ Rebuttals for defense and conclusion (opponent)
5. Rebuttals for defense and conclusion (me)/ Waive (opponent

No forfeits because of the FF glitch, no trolling, no semantics, and K's. Sources can be in an external link, but arguments need to be in the argument text.

All the definitions will be from Merriam Webster, so there will be no sources needed

Conflict: strong disagreement between people, groups, etc., that results in often angry argument

Federal Governments: The system of government as defined in the Constitution which is based on the separation of powers among three branches: the executive, the legislative and the judicial. This system provides a series of checks and balances because each branch is able to limit the power of the others [1]. (not merriam webster, link provided for this one.)

Prioritize: to organize (things) so that the most important thing is done or dealt with first

Protect: to keep (someone or something) from being harmed, lost, etc.

Endangered Species: a species threatened with extinction; broadly : anyone or anything whose continued existence is threatened

Local people: people in a particular area, city, or town (this definition is combined of "local" and "people")

Posted by QuinnCR 1 day ago
I would gladly debate anyone on this issue... as long as I am con.
Posted by UnderRaidedScore 5 days ago
Hmmm it's quite interesting, however I to would be con, I'm up to debate you on this playing pro.
Posted by Dujec 1 week ago
We should definitely start collecting DNA samples... we can always set up a factory one of these days.
Posted by straightup.gong 1 week ago
Dude, there are 7 billion people on the planet. Engandered species kind of need to be saved. We can start putting humans first when there are only a few hundred of them left which I doubt will happen in this lifetime. Such as the Great Barrier Reef that's all over the Internet. A large portion of the reef is dead and it's because of humans. We need to fix what we cause.
Posted by fire_wings 1 week ago
@straightup, I am that people first, then animals
Posted by straightup.gong 1 week ago
So if you're Con, then you believe that humans should be prioritized above endangered species? I'm kind of confused on your stance in the debate.