JoeB91
Srom

Prove Religion is Necessary

JoeB91

Con

The minute you were born you did not have a religion until it was brought upon you by family/friends/church. Prove to me why someone needs religion to live their lives. Is there a chance that one could be completely happy and healthy without a book or books telling them how to live? Is the only reason a religious person lives a morally correct life is because they expect a divine reward at the end of their lives?
Srom

Pro

I'm a Christian, and I believe the reason why we need Jesus in our life is because He can do good things through you, and make you have a better life than the life you have in your sinful nature. It might be hard because being a Christian is really tough because people are constantly testing you and you have to go through trials that I believe God is testing you on. And in order for you to get to Heaven is to enter through the narrow gate. You will end up knowing what is right and wrong from the Creator of the Universe because He established what is right and wrong ,and gave us book on how to live our life. I think it's impossible for someone to live their life without books telling them how to live, because we read a lot of books in our lifetime and sometimes people our looking for hope because they are confused at life and so they try to learn from what they have read in a book and try to apply it to their own life. The reason I believe in Jesus Christ is because He took away my sins, and paid it on the cross. He rose again from the grave proving that He is God and that death cannot conquer Him. Those who believe in Christ and follow what He truly says. They will be granted eternal life in Heaven when they die. You can also accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you'll end up going to Heaven if you follow what Christ said.
JoeB91

Con

JoeB91 forfeited this round.
Srom

Pro

Are you going to write an argument? It seems to me that you just wanted an answer and not want to debate about it.
JoeB91

Con

JoeB91 forfeited this round.
Srom

Pro

Are you seriously going to debate? You made your claim are you going to respond at all? If you aren't going to respond then you're only wasting my time.
JoeB91

Con

JoeB91 forfeited this round.
Srom

Pro

Srom forfeited this round.
JoeB91

Con

JoeB91 forfeited this round.
Srom

Pro

I guess you just wanted an answer and not debate about anything. This debate was honestly very pointless and rather boring since all you did was forfeit.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
Also, technically, Sin does not exist.]
Being "born with Sin" is a non-sequitur fallacy.
Catholics define Sin as a Moral Evil, which is in itself a fallacious concept.

Sin is Nonsensical.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
Indoctrination: Def: "Teaching individuals or groups to accept a set of beliefs uncritically."
Is a common Christian and Islamic practice within their communities from parents, clergy and their churches.
I attend Christian churches and witness first hand their practices of Indoctrination.

These children are taught to accept Jesus Christ unconditionally and without Question.
That is Indoctrination.

You see, I see Christianity from the inside and the outside as I have clients who attend churches and I often attend their various churches to keep in good with my clients.
They all think I'm a member of their church, I even attend their functions as a church member.
I see how they teach and preach their faith.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
Atheism comes from both Greek and Latin derivatives of Atheos, (Gk) meaning (Without God).

If you don't know of any such thing as a God, then you are "Without God" or Atheist.

There are tribes that have spirit beings, but do not know of nor understand the concept of God, thus, even though they are religious, with animal spirits, they are without a God or Atheists.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
@Srom: You are forgetting that Atheism, especially Implicit Atheism (meaning no God) also includes those with no knowledge of God, which includes babies, very young children (prior to learning about God), cats, dogs, frogs, etc......

They are all atheists because they have no knowledge of God (Implicit Atheism)
http://atheism.about.com...
Posted by Srom 2 years ago
Srom
@Sagey

Christians aren't indoctrinated because they are taught the correct way and they don't really do as much as non-believers do. As a Christian, I strive to not sin as much as a common non-believer who sin's regularly like I do, but I don't keep doing the same sin over and over again.
Posted by Srom 2 years ago
Srom
@ Sagey

When we are born into this world. We aren't atheists because we haven't made a decision on what to believe because we don't know. We all have sinful nature because of our ancestor Adam who sinned. We all fall short of the glory of God because all have sinned. Evolution doesn't teach any moral concept at all.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
What sinful nature, nobody is born with sinful nature, all children are atheists until they are indoctrinated, though those that are indoctrinated into belief in Jesus do just as many bad things as those not indoctrinated. There's no difference in nature to Jesus believers and non believers in Jesus.
Such as there is no evidence that Christians are better on average than anybody else.
We are all born with natural morality from evolution.
Christianity doesn't change that.
Posted by CrazyCowMan 2 years ago
CrazyCowMan
AHHHHHHHHHHHHWABADABDABAaaaah