BobMarleyIsDead
InsertNameHere

Prove to me that i am a good debater and not a bad one.

InsertNameHere

BobMarleyIsDead

Con

I am a terrible debater. I have posted only one debate and did not even post after the first round thus forfeiting it. I lack the finesse and education of other debaters on this site. Ergo i am a terrible debater

My opponent must show that i am a good debater, although this is impossible.
InsertNameHere

Pro

Thanks for this debate. :)

My opponent claims to be a poor debater on the grounds that he forfeited his previous debate. This, however, proves nothing about his actual skill. He could be a very good debater, but just purposely forfeited to look bad or perhaps he was busy and couldn't get online. These are both very plausible possibilities.

Secondly, he also says he's a bad debater on the basis that other members here are better educated. This is also inaccurate as your level of education can mean very little. For example, wjmelements(http://www.debate.org...) is a member here who is a highschool student who is currently at a 79% win ratio compared to me(http://www.debate.org...) who is a college student who currently only has a 69% win ratio.

Good luck in round 2! :)
BobMarleyIsDead

Con

First I'd like to thank my opponent for taking this debate.

I will now try to refute his points.

---
"My opponent claims to be a poor debater on the grounds that he forfeited his previous debate. This, however, proves nothing about his actual skill. He could be a very good debater, but just purposely forfeited to look bad or perhaps he was busy and couldn't get online. These are both very plausible possibilities."
-----

My opponent claims 2 possibilities as to why I forfeited my previous debate.

1. That I forfeited to look bad
2. That i was busy or couldn't get online.

The logic of the 1st point is negligible. Although i am arguing that i am a bad debater, why would i wish to look like one.

The second point is untrue as my computer is right beside my bed and i always have access to it.

"Secondly, he also says he's a bad debater on the basis that other members here are better educated. This is also inaccurate as your level of education can mean very little. For example, wjmelements(http://www.debate.org......) is a member here who is a highschool student who is currently at a 79% win ratio compared to me(http://www.debate.org......) who is a college student who currently only has a 69% win ratio."

Although i agree that educational level is not really a factor in the ability debate intelligence is. I find it extremely difficult to figure out even the most basic arguments for debates.

I await my opponents reply.
InsertNameHere

Pro

I thank my opponent for a quick response!

My opponent mentions that he could have forfeited his last debate in order to look like a bad debater rather than actually being one. However, he has yet to show me proof that he is a bad debater. Also, he failed to mention the fact that although he forfeited he could have still made some solid arguments before. He also leaves out that he could have forfeited because although his computer is near his bed he could have been away on holidays thus too busy to respond to DDO. His internet could have even been down preventing him from getting online.

Again, my opponent failed to provide basis for the argument that he's a bad debater. According to dictionary.com, my opponent does not appear to have a wicked or evil character so he cannot be a bad debater. http://dictionary.reference.com...
BobMarleyIsDead

Con

I'd like to apologies to my opponent for not posting my round quickly.

My opponent once again addresses the idea that i did not have the time to post in my first debate. However this is untrue. I did not post my next round on that debate because i did not wish to embarrass myself. This in turn was unfair to my opponent in my last debate because regardless of whether or not i would win, i should have posted. This shows that i am a bad debater.

According to the dictionary reference my opponent made, bad can also mean "Not good in any manner or degree."
Although it can be said that this may not be true for me, as it may be said that i am in good in some manners or degrees, theory from observation would dictate that since i have not shown this qualities, am a bad debater.

http://dictionary.reference.com...
InsertNameHere

Pro

(I just realized this is five rounds >.>)

Thank you for getting a reply up before the timer ran down.

My opponent again mentions his forfeit in his last debate. He claims he forfeited to avoid looking bad. However, by forfeiting you're also making yourself look bad. Oftentimes, people are pessimistic and underestimate their own abilities and think they can't do something(http://en.wikipedia.org...). By other people's standards, my opponent could be a very good debater. The criteria for being a good debater is often subjective just like the criteria for being a bad debater could be subjective.

Secondly, my opponents mentions how he has not displayed good quality. That could be true for debate.org, but in real life and on other sites he could have shown exceptional debate skills thus I again contend that he is not a bad debater.

Good luck in round 4!
BobMarleyIsDead

Con

Thank you for your speedy reply

My opponent claims that perhaps i am a good debater but that i simply have underestimated my ability. However, I did not post because i couldn't think of a GOOD argument. I didn't post because i couldn't think of AN argument. Nothing came to mind and no matter how many points i put together, it didn't make sense.

Secondly my opponent mentions again that i could be a good debater in rel life or on other sites. However I do not usually engage in debates in real life and have do not even know of any other debate sites. I dislike debating in real life because it leads to conflict. Once again i will state that theory from observation would encourage the statement that i am a bad debater.
InsertNameHere

Pro

My opponent begins this round by saying that he forfeited due to not being able to create an argument. However, that was one debate on one topic. Perhaps he couldn't come up for an argument on that one particular topic, but he could be very good at debating other topics. He just doesn't know as he has never done any other debates on this site.

Secondly, my opponent points out that he never debates in real life or on other sites. Of course I don't know him so I have no way to confirm this. He could very much be engaging in casual debate. Most topics can be debatable whether it's about who you want to win the next election or what to eat for dinner. If my opponent has ever been in a dispute over what to eat for dinner or which movie to watch then he has done debate in real life.

Thanks again! Good luck in the last round!
BobMarleyIsDead

Con

BobMarleyIsDead forfeited this round.
InsertNameHere

Pro

Unfortunately, my opponent has forfeited the final round(maybe to prove he is indeed a bad debater?) so I extend my arguments. Thank you.
Posted by LiquidLiquid 6 years ago
LiquidLiquid
I love this win win situation you have built yourself BobMarleyisDead.
Posted by m93samman 6 years ago
m93samman
Round 2

"First I'd like to thank my opponent for taking this debate.

I will now try to refute his points."

ROTFLOL
Posted by XStrikeX 6 years ago
XStrikeX
Way to raise the self-confidence of our fellow debate, InsertNameHere!! Great job!! :D
Posted by InsertNameHere 6 years ago
InsertNameHere
No problem. This debate was funny. :P
Posted by BobMarleyIsDead 6 years ago
BobMarleyIsDead
I apologies for not posting my last round. I did not do this in anyway to prove i am a bad debater. Hunting season started on the 1st and due to that and work i was unable to post. I would like to thank my opponent for the debate. I enjoyed it very much. And even if i am a good debater, i think he one his one.
Posted by laughingman 6 years ago
laughingman
Problem is this can't be answered lol!
no matter what if you think you are a bad debater then in a debate you would be proven correct as you would be 'bad' at debating the fact you are 'bad' at debating. But surely you win the debate and therefore you are a good debater.
however if you are good at debating then you are proving yourself wrong which is contrary to what you are trying to do in a debate in which case you are a bad debater in which case you are a good debater as you won teh debate... however if you won the debate you lost your arguement as you would therefore be a good debater .... neverending.
not actually sure that that makes sense but it worked in my head
Posted by wush 6 years ago
wush
this is a conundrum
every time imsertnamehere makes a good point, she is proving that bob is correct
likewise everytime bob makes a good point, he is proving insertnamehere is right
Posted by juvanya 6 years ago
juvanya
Its a brutally complex concept.
Posted by InsertNameHere 6 years ago
InsertNameHere
lol. xD
Posted by darkkermit 6 years ago
darkkermit
It's alright InsertNameHere, I understand that you go to Canadian college.
Vote Placed by BobMarleyIsDead 6 years ago
BobMarleyIsDead
BobMarleyIsDeadInsertNameHereTied
Vote Placed by InsertNameHere 6 years ago
InsertNameHere
BobMarleyIsDeadInsertNameHereTied