PikaNAW
RonPaulConservative

Proving Catholics to be teaching correct doctrine, which makes them a Christ made church.

PikaNAW has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

PikaNAW

Pro

I am challenging any Protestant to this debate because I am a 16 year old Catholic that is shocked and outraged by some peoples accusations. You can be any age but MUST be Protestant.

We won't be shaken - Building 429
RonPaulConservative

Con

Yes, I am a protestant, but I am the Jewish counterpart to the Christian Protestant, that is to say, a Karaite. I was also a protestant before I became a Karaite, so I believe I am entirely qualified to accept this debate. What is the resolution.
Posted by Lonely-Bird 1 month ago
Lonely-Bird
One guesses there wasn't enough shock and outrage to continue the debate...
Posted by RonPaulConservative 1 month ago
RonPaulConservative
@ChaseE
"Also, the Bible says that sola scriptura isn't enough for salvation."
Are we saved by Sola Scriptura? Last I checked G-d is only Salvation, NOT the church.
Posted by ChaseE 1 month ago
ChaseE
Catholics believe in Scripture and Tradition. We know that people are going to misinterpret the Bible (American Southerners used the Bible to justify slavery in the Antebellum Period) which is why just scripture isn't enough. You need tradition to work with Scripture.

Also, the Bible says that sola scriptura isn't enough for salvation. The earliest Christians didn't have a New Testament. They had to rely on oral preaching. The Gospels were written between 40-70 years after Jesus. Protestants cite 2 Timothy 3:16-17 as evidence for sola scriptura. That's a passage taken entirely out of context. Read the whole chapter, and you'll find it's a passage for Tradition!

Luther also took out the Epistle of James because it contradicted his doctrine of sola fide. The Epistle, to quote, says that "faith without works is dead."
Posted by lkboy123 1 month ago
lkboy123
hey guesss what? ALL OF YOUR RELIGIONS ARE BULLS*IT GOD DOESN'T EXIST, DEAL WITH IT.
Posted by radz 1 month ago
radz
Not all Catholic doctrines are false. Some of it are orthodox (correct teaching). For instance, purgatory is a false doctrine while the Trinity is a correct teaching. The basis of correct teaching is Sola Scriptura.
Posted by WFTL 1 month ago
WFTL
Dear friend, the criteria for debating me on the subject of the Catholic denomination teaching false doctrine is , someone with at least 50 debates, and of the age of 40. I will debate you on another subject in regards to religion, but I am looking for someone that can or should be extremely seasoned and mature in there belief.