PikaNAW
RonPaulConservative

Proving Jesus is the Messiah

PikaNAW has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

PikaNAW

Pro

RonPaul, I would like to trash our former debate and debate you on Jesus. I will be trying to prove to you He is the Messiah and you are to try and prove he is not. The Format shall be as follows:
2nd round: Arguments
3rd Round: Rebuttals
4th Round: Counter-Arguments
5th Round: Conclusions and recap
I look forward to your acceptance
RonPaulConservative

Con

Well this should be intresting, are google docs allowed? If so whats the page limit?
PikaNAW

Pro

You may use quotes from google docs, but not a whole doc. Let the debate begin.

Jesus was regarded by the Jews as a man of God and a prophet. But they rejected him on the will of the Pharisees, who were afraid of an uprising of their power and Rome. But they never looked at the Messianic prophecies, which Jesus fulfilled.

"Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel." (Isaiah 7:14)

This prophecy from Isaiah was fulfilled in the Gospel of Matthew, where an angel came to Joseph, who was the fianc"e of Mary, a virgin girl around the age 14 or so.

"Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel," which is translated, "God with us." (Matthew 1:23)

As well, Jesus was born in Bethlehem, where the prophet Micah wrote, "But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah,
Are not the least among the rulers of Judah; For out of you shall come a Ruler Who will shepherd My people Israel."

When Jesus was born, the king of the province, Herod, ordered a massacre of all male infants because 3 magi came to pay homage to the baby king (Matthew 2), which fulfilled the prophecy of Jeremiah, "Thus says the Lord: 'A voice was heard in Ramah, Lamentation and bitter weeping, Rachel weeping for her children, Refusing to be comforted for her children, Because they are no more.'"
RonPaulConservative

Con

1. Alma means young woman, not virgin, as a matter of fact this same word was used 7 times in the Tanakh and these same translators translated the other six as "a young woman."
2. Anyone can be born in Bethlehem, Jesus still hasn't provided his birth certificate that he was born there, and that is not a messianic prophecy that the messah would be born in bethlehem.
Posted by RonPaulConservative 1 month ago
RonPaulConservative
1 day
Posted by EnglandAm3 1 month ago
EnglandAm3
I can't wait to see how this turns out! I agree with PikaNAW that Jesus is the Messiah. I hope to see the outcome on PikaNAW favor!